Piedmont at Eastwood

Saw this yesterday. I still think these are severely overpriced. Especially compared with Belvedere which I also find overpriced. That said, I thought the lots on the Belvedere models were pretty nice (sad that I am now convinced those were nice backyards), haha. 

I thought the Pidemont plan 2 was pretty functional for its size. 

Went back to double check the doc about no sidewalk and notice the side yard are only 4.5' instead of full 5'.  And in some lots, it's only 2.5'. :(

Attachments

• Piedmont Alternative Side Yard Requests.jpg
    Piedmont Alternative Side Yard Requests.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 261
Can you park on the streets with no sidewalk?

If you look at the Piedmont Overall Site picture I posted above plus the Phase 2 site map below you'll see designated parking stalls (74 total - 2 HC) indicated throughout the development. Sales rep told me NO parking in front of your house - after all you have a 2 car garage plus a full driveway for 2 more. The so called "street" is not wide enough to permit parking on either side and then have two way traffic - ask all the folks who have shared driveways. The lots are 38' wide and the driveways are likely 20' wide but then depending on how the layout works you could squeeze in one car - say between lots 60 and 61. 

Attachments

• Piedmont Site.jpg
    Piedmont Site.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 259
DrTravel said:
Release two Phases with 12 total homes - 7 sold, 5 available. Note that these are detached condos with full size driveways but no sidewalk. Also note that the "street" is actually a shared drive. My eyes may have deceived me but it looks like the shared drive in front of the model homes is actually bigger than the shared drive in front of Phase 1 homes - of course I was drinking... mountain dew, at the time.

TIC needs to proofread their maps.  One of the "streets" is labeled 'Mangrove Bank' once and 'Mangrove Banks' once.  There might be other errors that are consequential that we don't know of. 

Bullsback said:
Saw this yesterday. I still think these are severely overpriced. Especially compared with Belvedere which I also find overpriced. That said, I thought the lots on the Belvedere models were pretty nice (sad that I am now convinced those were nice backyards), haha. 

Yeah those yards on the model homes are sweet in comparison to a majority of tiny lots found in the rest of the development (including most new Irvine construction). Did you check out that automated toilet system in the master bathroom in Residence 2? It's listed on the upgrade sheet as "Kohler Karing Bidet Toilet". You walk up and the toilet seat automatically rises. When you're done, get cleansed and then the toilet seat automatically closes. Retails for $2,800 but will likely be a $4,000+ option through the design center.

Every time I have ever visited model homes I always say "overpriced". But they keep selling them and upping prices. I've given up trying to understand!

DrTravel said:
Bullsback said:

Yeah those yards on the model homes are sweet in comparison to a majority of tiny lots found in the rest of the development (including most new Irvine construction). Did you check out that automated toilet system in the master bathroom in Residence 2? It's listed on the upgrade sheet as "Kohler Karing Bidet Toilet". You walk up and the toilet seat automatically rises. When you're done, get cleansed and then the toilet seat automatically closes. Retails for $2,800 but will likely be a $4,000+ option through the design center.

Every time I have ever visited model homes I always say "overpriced". But they keep selling them and upping prices. I've given up trying to understand!
LOL, I actually saw the toilet and did a double take and went, "what the hell is that, a space ship" and than the thing opened up and banged into the wall.  I can't imagine in a million years wanting to install that.

Yeah, but I say overpriced in relation to "other new homes". Its one thing to say overpriced in relation to resell, but this is trading at a premium to Stonegate across the street, significant premiums to PSIII (I'd expect some premium but this just seems extreme) and a premium to OH.  I just can't justify any of it, with the most absurd being the Stonegate premium (and this is phase 1/2 to boot). I feel as though some of the new homes are actually relatively fairly priced (yes, expensive, but a fair expensive, given current market), but eastwood Piedmont / Belvedere are not on that list.

What we confirm with sales is,

In phase 1&2, homes on right side( 60-64) have larger lot size. They are 42' *  92' =3864 sqt which is not bad.

All homes on left side(65-71) are smaller. They are around 38'*92'=3496. Maybe those 2X are larger.
These numbers are in average. Each one varies a little bit.
Difference actually could be see from the site map.

DrTravel said:
Can you park on the streets with no sidewalk?

If you look at the Piedmont Overall Site picture I posted above plus the Phase 2 site map below you'll see designated parking stalls (74 total - 2 HC) indicated throughout the development. Sales rep told me NO parking in front of your house - after all you have a 2 car garage plus a full driveway for 2 more. The so called "street" is not wide enough to permit parking on either side and then have two way traffic - ask all the folks who have shared driveways. The lots are 38' wide and the driveways are likely 20' wide but then depending on how the layout works you could squeeze in one car - say between lots 60 and 61.

Nice to see you Bullsback. Any thought to buy Cressa or Belvedere or Piedmont now?

Bullsback said:
DrTravel said:
Bullsback said:

LOL, I actually saw the toilet and did a double take and went, "what the hell is that, a space ship" and than the thing opened up and banged into the wall.  I can't imagine in a million years wanting to install that.

Yeah, but I say overpriced in relation to "other new homes". Its one thing to say overpriced in relation to resell, but this is trading at a premium to Stonegate across the street, significant premiums to PSIII (I'd expect some premium but this just seems extreme) and a premium to OH.  I just can't justify any of it, with the most absurd being the Stonegate premium (and this is phase 1/2 to boot). I feel as though some of the new homes are actually relatively fairly priced (yes, expensive, but a fair expensive, given current market), but eastwood Piedmont / Belvedere are not on that list.

frank303 said:
Nice to see you Bullsback. Any thought to buy Cressa or Belvedere or Piedmont now?

Geez, How many TI members were there yesterday (I was there too, lol).  They were closed until 1pm for their weekly meetings and that short 4-5 hour window, quite a few TI'ers showed up, pretty impressive I think.

I liked the plan 2, if I couldn't buy belvedere plan 3, and liked the location and price, plan 2 is really nice

You guys need to wear this t shirt on your next model home visit. :)

talk_irvine_t_shirt-rea54d31ba4f6475f8b182e2642da3b42_jg4de_324.jpg

Just wondering if there is a Northwood High School premium for EW as Stonegate is headed to Portola High School in September. Or should it be the other way around?

It does look like Belvedere and Saratoga (Piedmont without the driveway) will be built in Portola Springs Neighborhood 5
http://thenewhomeblog.wix.com/the-n...orplans-Part-1/c1sp5/56e360870cf26c26a9f3c65b

Pricing for those will be interesting.

lnc said:
You guys need to wear this t shirt on your next model home visit. :)

talk_irvine_t_shirt-rea54d31ba4f6475f8b182e2642da3b42_jg4de_324.jpg

I think the TI crowd is a little more outspoken, this should be more like it:
tumblr_inline_mtr2ayfVWL1r8ayy5.jpg

i mean, there's a laundry list of dislikes:
toxic park
double mello
tusd
bakers ranch/tustin/anything not in irvine
pesticide
landfill
fcb
list goes on and on

DrTravel said:
Just wondering if there is a Northwood High School premium for EW as Stonegate is headed to Portola High School in September. Or should it be the other way around?

It does look like Belvedere and Saratoga (Piedmont without the driveway) will be built in Portola Springs Neighborhood 5
http://thenewhomeblog.wix.com/the-n...orplans-Part-1/c1sp5/56e360870cf26c26a9f3c65b

Pricing for those will be interesting.

That Portola Springs 5A might be gated too so it will be interesting how they price the home there.

BTW, they are indeed building Saratoga/Terrazza over there.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14215.msg285651.html#msg285651

We are very excited here at Piedmont!  It has only been 12 days since our Grand Opening and we have had overwhelming response!

This release will be a little different then the last two releases as these homes will not include any Interior Decorator selected upgrades as the homes did in phase 1 and phase 2. These homes are being offered at base price and will be ready for move in around October to November.

Attachments

• Piedmont Prices.jpg
    Piedmont Prices.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 498
  • Piedmont Site.jpg
    Piedmont Site.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 331
Back