Orchard Hills - Terrazza by Irvine Pacific

lnc said:
irvinetabby said:
The school district  makes THAT big of a difference? Thought I've seen plenty of Irvine homes in TUSD with minimum price break... And I thought Beckman is an awesome school?

Now I'm starting to question my decision on Petaluma...

You can't go wrong with Petaluma. :)

From the look of things, home zone to NW high is highly desirable.  Although Eastwood might seem to be overpriced, Eastwood will be the lowest price new neighborhood that is zone to NW High.  The home in the upcoming gated OH3 will be even more expensive than Eastwood and that gated OH4 probably don't have any home that's under $2M.

This assumes that Eastwood will stay in NW High zone.

Tabby,

Tthe base price for a plan 1 Terazza looks to be 861k. The base price for a plan 1 Petaluma is around 762k. You're looking at a 100k difference, correct me if I'm wrong :)

irvinetabby said:
Just curious - with 4 bedrooms and a loft, why is Terrazza's plan 1 about the same price as Petaluma??

acf said:
Tabby,

Tthe base price for a plan 1 Terazza looks to be 861k. The base price for a plan 1 Petaluma is around 762k. You're looking at a 100k difference, correct me if I'm wrong :)

irvinetabby said:
Just curious - with 4 bedrooms and a loft, why is Terrazza's plan 1 about the same price as Petaluma??

Plan 1 for Petaluma is at $806,000
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13652.60.html

It's also about 300 square foot smaller than Terrazza plan 1. 

I think the comparison would be a Plan 3 Petaluma v. Plan 1 Terrazza (both around $860K)

IrvineCommuter, That price you are comparing is for a phase 5 petaluma which includes the 40k premium for a bigger lot size and private SFR style driveway. :) There are other factors as well.

acf said:
IrvineCommuter, That price you are comparing is for a phase 5 petaluma which includes the 40k premium for a bigger lot size and private SFR style driveway. :) There are other factors as well.

Maybe but the comparison isn't really apples to apples if your comparing a 1600 sq. foot house with 3 beds versus a 1900 sq. ft house with 4 beds.  Plan 3 of Petaluma is the best comparison to Plan 1 Terraza. 

acf said:

How much *bigger* of a lot do you get for $40k?

aquabliss said:
acf said:

How much *bigger* of a lot do you get for $40k?

1000 s.f. more!

Regular Petaluma lots are around 2500 s.f. but the lot with driveway are around 3500 s.f. which are close to Piedmont and Belevedere's lot size.  $40k get you a driveway, 18' setback from the curve and 30% larger lot, that's pretty good deal if you ask me.

Does anyone know the rear yard setback for Petaluma homes with and without driveways? Wondering if the rear yard is the same size whether or not there is a driveway.

ChasingRainbows said:
Does anyone know the rear yard setback for Petaluma homes with and without driveways? Wondering if the rear yard is the same size whether or not there is a driveway.

I think it depends on the location, even when they both have driveways.
Some units with driveways have the same setback (~5) from the California room (same as the model), others are 8.6.

Technically you can post pictures of the model on Redfin.  Also, the sellers mention in the description that the pictures are from the model/website as well.

tdg said:
maybe this belongs in the wtf thread
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/50-Trotter-92602/home/112729092

$583 psf for a detached condo.  love how the realtor checked the sfr box too

great for them if they get it

My thoughts exactly!  I believe this is a Northwood Pointe agent, so maybe he doesn't know you should apply a discount to a home like Terrazza.  $1.2M asking is more like it.  I wonder what they bought the place for, doesn't look like there are many upgrades.  What is with the mosaic tile and granite kitchen backsplash?!

A S said:
tdg said:

My thoughts exactly!  I believe this is a Northwood Pointe agent, so maybe he doesn't know you should apply a discount to a home like Terrazza.  $1.2M asking is more like it.  I wonder what they bought the place for, doesn't look like there are many upgrades.  What is with the mosaic tile and granite kitchen backsplash?!

Just wondering, if they get the price they're asking will that mean the average cost per sf for OH will be higher?

A S said:
tdg said:

Seriously that kitchen backsplash is terrible. If they had just bothered to remove the granite portion of the backsplash and tiled it with that mosaic all throughout as a consistent backsplash it would look so much better.
If people are not "talented" in interior design it is so worth hiring someone because if you do it right the first time around you would get that interior designer money spent back on resale in most cases for an Irvine home. At least get some "advice". Some people's design choices are pretty interesting...

Paris said:
A S said:
tdg said:

Seriously that kitchen backsplash is terrible. If they had just bothered to remove the granite portion of the backsplash and tiled it with that mosaic all throughout as a consistent backsplash it would look so much better.
If people are not "talented" in interior design it is so worth hiring someone because if you do it right the first time around you would get that interior designer money spent back on resale in most cases for an Irvine home. At least get some "advice". Some people's design choices are pretty interesting...

How many times are you going to tell people to hire an interior designer?

tdg said:

This house was obviously staged by a white person trying to appeal to "international buyers".  No real Chinese family has that much lucky bamboo, bonsai, embroidery, jade, etc. in their home.  Obviously, some non-Chinese real estate professional backed up his truck in front of a Chinatown chotchkie shop and bought all the souvenirs he could fit in his truck and shipped it all to Irvine.  Note to non-Chinese real estate stagers, real "international" buyers always have an electric hot water pot on the kitchen counter.

Back