Orchard Hills - Terrazza by Irvine Pacific

eyephone said:
How many times are you going to tell people to hire an interior designer?
She has said that she owns several small businesses on the side, may be Interior Design is one of them >:D

But seriously, I agree with her 100%

Happiness said:
tdg said:
maybe this belongs in the wtf thread
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/50-Trotter-92602/home/112729092

$583 psf for a detached condo.  love how the realtor checked the sfr box too

great for them if they get it
This house was obviously staged by a white person trying to appeal to "international buyers".  No real Chinese family has that much lucky bamboo, bonsai, embroidery, jade, etc. in their home.  Obviously, some non-Chinese real estate professional backed up his truck in front of a Chinatown chotchkie shop and bought all the souvenirs he could fit in his truck and shipped it all to Irvine.  Note to non-Chinese real estate stagers, real "international" buyers always have an electric hot water pot on the kitchen counter.

LOL! I just assumed this was a "classic" Chinese home designed by a FCB

@eyephone - I don't mean to repeat myself but I guess I find myself thinking "out loud" every time I see these poorly designed homes asking $1mil +++. I don't own an interior design company but maybe I should start one in irvine. Seems like I would be helping my community with that business proposition 

That listing price is beyond stupid, a total waste of time for everyone.  A detached condo with no driveway and that kitchen and unattractive upgrades?  I sure hope the listing agent didn't suggest that listing price to the seller. 

aquabliss said:

Dropping like a rock, down to $486 sq. ft now... It's too stale though, shot themselves in the foot.
The original listing price was more like a Laguna Altura price point per sq ft. Now the market has spoken but the sellers have lost time, resulting in increased carrying costs, and the perception that the listing is undesirable. The market will set the price sooner or later, so probably most prudent to slightly under-price to get into a multiple offer situation and get it sold in a shorter time period.

YellowFever said:
This is a prime example of what happens when a home is zoned to TUSD.

So you are saying that if the house was zoned to IUSD it would have sold at that ridiculous price. Some potential buyer you knew about was ready to buy and then saw TUSD and said "I'm outta here".

This is a prime example of what happens when a home has an asinine price. School district was never an issue nor correlated with the dropping prices.

Agreed.  This had zero to do with zoning and all to do with a terrible price point.  As an FYI, Terrazza has been sold out including the models for some time (final homes should be complete around summer). 

BruinDoc said:
aquabliss said:

Dropping like a rock, down to $486 sq. ft now... It's too stale though, shot themselves in the foot.
The original listing price was more like a Laguna Altura price point per sq ft. Now the market has spoken but the sellers have lost time, resulting in increased carrying costs, and the perception that the listing is undesirable. The market will set the price sooner or later, so probably most prudent to slightly under-price to get into a multiple offer situation and get it sold in a shorter time period.
This house had its 5th price drop since the post above.

aquabliss said:
BruinDoc said:
aquabliss said:

Deflation in action: why buy now when the price will be dropped in a few weeks? Kind of like a death-spiral, sad.

BruinDoc said:
aquabliss said:
BruinDoc said:
aquabliss said:

Deflation in action: why buy now when the price will be dropped in a few weeks? Kind of like a death-spiral, sad.

That's what happens when you start at a stupid listing price...you'll end up in the death price-spiral down.  The longer the home remains the worse for the seller.

They are down ~$120/sqft since the first listing in January. In addition of seeing it sitting on the market that long the price decreases don't reflect well on the listing...

Back