Orchard Hills - Terrazza by Irvine Pacific

ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR:

RESIDENCE 1BR (MONTEREY)
Terrazza-Res1BR-640x420-large.jpg

Just looked at these homes at Terazza at the grand opening of Orchard Hills.  Very disappointed.  The home layouts were fine but the lots are way too small.  There is no backyard of any kind to speak of.  I'd rather rent than sit and stare at a wall the moment I take five steps out Terazza's back yard.  At least renters wont have to pay the ridiculous HOA and MR fees.  I won't be buying here nor will I recommend anyone else to. 

We visited Orchard Hills yesterday, and much to my amusement, when the bus driver announced that we had arrived at Terrazza, nobody left and nobody was waiting to enter the bus. Pathetically, Entrada and Vista Scena are at a higher elevation than Terrazza and have better views (especially Corte Bella).

??? said:
We visited Orchard Hills yesterday, and much to my amusement, when the bus driver announced that we had arrived at Terrazza, nobody left and nobody was waiting to enter the bus. Pathetically, Entrada and Vista Scena are at a higher elevation than Terrazza and have better views (especially Corte Bella).

IP had an issue of operating shuttles yesterday. I was at Terrazza and waiting for a shuttle returning to the parking lot. However, most of shuttles bypassed Terrazza because they were full. We ended up skipping 5 consecutive shuttles and people were frustrating since most of regularly scheduled shuttles had no seat to carry Terrazza customers. One of IP staff kept requesting empty buses and finally two empty shuttles arrived. Those two shuttles carried probably more than 50 people at once.  Maybe your were at right after crazy long lines were gone. :)

I was on one of those full shuttles that left Strada around 3-4pm.  The driver was gonna make a beeline for the parking lot, except a family wanted to go to Terrazza.  When we got there, there was a huge line for the shuttle.  The family got off, but it was only a family of 4....meaning only 4 from Terrazza can board.  Lots of disgruntled faces still left in line as we pulled away. 

akirvine79 said:
These are copies of Saratoga@Stonegate with improved floor plans.
IP basically stretched depth of Saratoga's 2nd floor so that they can put additional lofts on 2nd floor. (1st floor is same as old Saratoga)

Here is sqft and price comparison to Terraza and Saratoga.

Residence 1:  1981 sqft, Mid $800,000's  (+74 sqft,  expecting $60~70K increase)
Residence 2:  2331 sqft, Mid $900,000's  (+150 sqft, expecting $120K  increase)
Residence 2X: 2408 sqft, Mid $900,000's  (+227 sqft, expecting $100K  increase)

IMO, floor plans are definitely better than old Saratoga but price jumps are too high for the small changes.
Considering Terrazza is also motor court home and the area of Terrazza doesn't have any pocket park, then what makes Terrazza's starting price so high?  Maybe convenience to retail stores?

Buyers have to consider other options, conservatory and site premiums etc... then the price gets easily over 1M.
The era of 1M motor court home is not far way from us. ;)

How is Terrazza doing in terms of sales? and does any one know the latest pricing sheet for Residence 1?

Can someone clarify these things.

Are Corte Bella, Terrazza, and Strada:

1. Distinct lot homes
2. SFRs or detached condos (want a California Bureau of Real Estate link)

Thanks.

Sam78 said:
akirvine79 said:
These are copies of Saratoga@Stonegate with improved floor plans.
IP basically stretched depth of Saratoga's 2nd floor so that they can put additional lofts on 2nd floor. (1st floor is same as old Saratoga)

Here is sqft and price comparison to Terraza and Saratoga.

Residence 1:  1981 sqft, Mid $800,000's  (+74 sqft,  expecting $60~70K increase)
Residence 2:  2331 sqft, Mid $900,000's  (+150 sqft, expecting $120K  increase)
Residence 2X: 2408 sqft, Mid $900,000's  (+227 sqft, expecting $100K  increase)

IMO, floor plans are definitely better than old Saratoga but price jumps are too high for the small changes.
Considering Terrazza is also motor court home and the area of Terrazza doesn't have any pocket park, then what makes Terrazza's starting price so high?  Maybe convenience to retail stores?

Buyers have to consider other options, conservatory and site premiums etc... then the price gets easily over 1M.
The era of 1M motor court home is not far way from us. ;)

How is Terrazza doing in terms of sales? and does any one know the latest pricing sheet for Residence 1?

We visited over the weekend.  It was basically Saratoga but with some nice upgrades in plan 2.  I like the loft and the bigger rooms.  The bathrooms and laundry room were made a little smaller but I think the changes were for the better.

I cannot remember the exact pricing but I believe Plan 1 was around high 800Ks while the plan 2 was about mid-900Ks.

??? said:
Can someone clarify these things.

Are Corte Bella, Terrazza, and Strada:

1. Distinct lot homes
2. SFRs or detached condos (want a California Bureau of Real Estate link)

Thanks.

Terrazza is definitely a detached condo along the lines of a Saratoga.  I would imagine Corte Bella to be the same.

Strada looks like a SFR.

Back