Orchard Hills - Messina by TRI Pointe Homes

Haha this is some good info to know when buying in Irvine! What about t-intersection in side streets/internal not a major street? Is it bad? and why?

aquabliss said:
tz said:
Haha this is some good info to know when buying in Irvine! What about t-intersection in side streets/internal not a major street? Is it bad? and why?

You can read my ex g/f's site, she has an article that will explain more:https://www.msfengshui.com/blog/fengshuit-intersectioncurefrontdoorcure

I think the Feng Shui is a secondary issue to whether people will buying housing now...  These other numbers will likely be a bigger issue: DOW, S&P, NASDAQ.

Does anyone know what the rules are on Directv satellite dishes in Orchard Hills or Messina? Can they be mounted on roof or side of house? Any info is appreciated.

I personally think if the home feels right for you, then it's a good house.  Feng Shui was based out thinkings/beliefs from hundreds of years ago.  They are not practical or realistic is this day and age.  Sure, I will not buy a house that's 44 or on a T junction (but that's because I don't want some crazy driver losing control and plowing into my house).  I think with life, it's all about moderation, one cannot be so restrictive because you'll never find the "right" house.  If cul de sacs are such bad Feng Shui, then the entire Strada community full of Chinese is doomed!

Yeah. I'd much rather have CDS, rather than the lame wrap around grids you see in most of new Irvine.

Changer said:
Does anyone know what the rules are on Directv satellite dishes in Orchard Hills or Messina? Can they be mounted on roof or side of house? Any info is appreciated.

You need HOA approval before mounting and they need to know where on your roof it will be mounted. It needs to be "hidden" as much as possible for aesthetic reasons. You submit it along with your landscape design.

We didn't want to wait for approval - we needed our direct tv immediately so we mounted it before approval but ended up not having an issue with where we originally placed the dish.

After all, it just a number. Its not a dominating factor.

Actually, after being ruled under minority nation, such as Qing dynast, Genghis Khan, Chinese people seems willing to be "get" being "forced" to any changes and bad thing. If people can't change the "4" in some situation, most people just accept it. These people will think 4 is a good number, cuz it sounds like FA in music noations or it represent 4 seasons.....blablablah...

My Suggestion is:
For real estate investment, pls avoid bad numbers, but this factor should have less weighted than the factors like "location","community","price","School","floor plan"......

For self living, whatever....

In a Messina email today:

"You will value the prestige of an Orchard Hills address, trust us!"

So, do Irvine folks list "Irvine" as the city or the Irvine village as the city when referencing their address?

Perspective said:
In a Messina email today:

"You will value the prestige of an Orchard Hills address, trust us!"

So, do Irvine folks list "Irvine" as the city or the Irvine village as the city when referencing their address?

Nope, we just list "Irvine" in our mailing address. Though Orchard Hills, CA does have a nice ring to it... Anyone willing to run for mayor?

Messina sold 58 of their original 59 homes (lot 50 is still available) and now has started on their next batch of 48. Not sure how many of the 15 home shown in Phase Six and Seven have sold although the 6 Plan 3s are gone.

Base Pricing Info
                              Opening        7/11/14        Now
Residence One        1,477,900    1,501,900    1,522,900
Residence Two        1,568,900    1,605,900    1,637,900
Residence Three      1,615,900    1,654,900

Attachments

• Messina Prices.jpg
    Messina Prices.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 466
  • Messina Site.jpg
    Messina Site.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 489
DrTravel said:
Messina sold 58 of their original 59 homes (lot 50 is still available) and now has started on their next batch of 48. Not sure how many of the 15 home shown in Phase Six and Seven have sold although the 6 Plan 3s are gone.

Base Pricing Info
Thanks again.  Modest increase in price but may be not enough to cover all the inconvenience of buying in first phase and enduring construction.

Irvine Dream said:
DrTravel said:

Base Pricing Info
Thanks again.  Modest increase in price but may be not enough to cover all the inconvenience of buying in first phase and enduring construction.

Some people like "enduring" the construction process so they can choose every option to their liking. I think that was one of the main reasons we chose new construction over resale and now love living with all the options to our taste. The pre-chosen options by the builder are not always "interior designer" quality.

Just received a pretty funny email from Messina titled:

"Messina: Where Outdoor Living Reigns"

Aren't the vast majority of Messina lots 10' setbacks like the three models? That doesn't leave ample room for "outdoor living," much less qualify that "outdoor living" as "reigning."

I can see the Tri Point marketing team in the meeting for this yesterday.  The VP says something like "we were supposed to take pictures this weekend to promote outdoor living at Messina but it will be raining all weekend!"

The intern thinks quietly for a moment then shouts "That's it!"

Beyond the underwhelming backyard setback on most of the lots (except for the huge lots that were sold in the earlier phases), the outdoor spaces at Messina are actually pretty impressive. The optional outdoor kitchen that's offered with the plan 2 is one of my favorite structural options in OH. I also like the courtyard/loggia outdoor "corridor" look in the plan 3. The email is probably referring to these outdoor living accommodations that the floorplans themselves offer besides the backyards.

Back