Orchard Hills - Messina by TRI Pointe Homes

Anybody know why site 27 is still available after 5-6 months on the market?  Anything wrong with the house?
ps9 said:
messina_zpsbvxcdb6d.jpg

Quick move in Messina's

caoc said:
Anybody know why site 27 is still available after 5-6 months on the market?  Anything wrong with the house?

The address?

I think the address is 24 Rawhide,  the curse  of #4 strikes again. :)

It is 24 Rawhide. Not sure if there is anything else besides the address.  It is plan 1, not my favorite but seems odd all the other Messina houses are selling pretty well but this one just sits there.  I guess I under estimate the curse of #4.

Lol
Builders need to petition to not have certain numbers assigned to their tract, 13, 50, 69, 99, 666 and anything that ends in 4

AW said:
Lol
Builders need to petition to not have certain numbers assigned to their tract, 13, 50, 69, 99, 666 and anything that ends in 4
Didn't Paris say that there are no No.4s (by itself) at Capella or OH Groves?

Five 0 = cops? 
99 is odd, some people say it's lucky others say it's the opposite.  Like 99 is at the end of the road, no more prosperity for you as a new cycle will begin?

I am not really know what exact meaning of these numbers in US. In China, we don't like 4. 4= die. Many building avoid 4, so , you can see floor 1..2....3....5........11.....12....13....15.

24 is also not a good number. 2 sounds like "son" in Chinese. 24 = son die ..

69 is much popular in mainland China, cuz people felt this is interested, it also has some sexual imply....

Whatever you chose, it is just number, don't bother it! 

ps9 said:
24 is more like ear booger to me...still bad juju

ps9 can you start a thread that has the meaning of each number 0-9 so that we can all figure out what our address means.

I am not really know what numbers stand for in other culture, but Chinese.

1: in most case, people think this is a good number. it mean No.1, the best, the championship.
In Chinese it sounds like "Yi"

2:In Chinese culture, 2 is a good number. it is a even number. Old people used to say :" a pair or two of happiness or good things will happened." Its a good number. In some city, 2 also could be used to as "stupid or foolish" In most case, it doesn't have any  offensive attitude but a little bit cute. People say:" look at that dog, he is so 2 and cute. In recent years, 2 also sounds like "love". Young people use 520 instead of I Love You, while texting and Internet luanguage.

In Chinese 2 sounds like "e"

3:not bad, not good, its just a normal odd number. In some accent of Guangdong province, 3 sounds like ??". it is good ! It means progress, going up, being successes. BTW, I love the number of 23, cuz David Beckham and Micheal Jordan~~~  ^^

3 sound like "sam or san"

4: 4 Sounds like death. 99% people dislike this.

4 sounds like "S"

5: the number of 5 sounds like "I, myself" in Chinese. People like use 5 + a good number to come up a combination. For example, the Chinese version of
YELP.com is 58.com    5 means I, 8 means get rich. To sum up 58=I get rich ^^ this website also listed in NASDAQ in last year, "WUBA".

5= wo, wu

6: Chinese people love 6. It means every things goes well.  In the age of Internet, young people use 6 as "well done" "good job" while the playing online games, like WOW of LOL.

6 sounds like lip,le

7: 7 doesn't has some significant meanings.

7=chi or che

8: 8 sounds like "BA". This is the best number. it imply money, rich and wealth.People will pay more for this number, when they buy cars, homes or chose the date of wedding.
as I aforementioned, the website 58.com    58=i get rich.

As 8 sounds like 8, it also means father, baba or papa in some content.  As Ferrari introduce a new car under the name of "Ferrari 488". A lot of Chinese think the name should be changed when they sell this car in China. 488= death of father. People won't put a  cursed on his father anyway.

9: It also a good number. it means a long time. People like to choose 9, 19, 29 as a good date to have a wedding ceremony.

As you can see, English is me second language. I tried my best to answer this question. Please feel free to ask  when I can help.
^^

I think you should add that in your explanation, the pronunciation is for cantonese rather than mandarin chinese. 

@Lanelgn - Thanks for details on numbers.

@B2FiNiTY - just curious - do Mandarin speaking population also view 4 as a bad number? Does 4 sounds death in mandarin as well? Thanks in advance.

aquabliss said:
ps9 said:
24 is more like ear booger to me...still bad juju

ps9 can you start a thread that has the meaning of each number 0-9 so that we can all figure out what our address means.

Looks like Lane beat me to the punch, good job comrade :)

Best house number to own is 168.... In Cantonese it means road to riches or something like that. 

As for the number 4, it means death, so what, except in real estate, which means no Chinese (or at least a great portion) will disregard your listing.  Do not buy a house with 4, superstition sucks but money talks.

Back