Orchard Hills - Messina by TRI Pointe Homes

I think Messina is close to finishing off the homes and releasing the models.  Started breaking up the parking lot in the Sales office.

Irvine Dream said:
Goriot said:
I think Messina is close to finishing off the homes and releasing the models.  Started breaking up the parking lot in the Sales office.

A $125K price reduction on Messina Spec Home
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15-Patchwork-92602/home/108961426

Sitting in the market 145+ days.  Probably can negotiate little more.  Trying to finish off rest of Messina.  It's in a nice cul-de-sac through, but lot size is pretty small <5k with back facing a neighbor (I think).  I feel claustrophobic on those plan 2s.

aquabliss said:
OCres said:
aquabliss said:
Messina resale with a nice pool:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/17-Rawhide-92602/home/58553900

Watch out for the curved Wall Mounted TV, looks like it's ready to take a dive.

This house is in escrow.  Wonder how much they sold for.  Nice house really wanted it but they rejected my highest offer.

They already reduced $200k from their original ask... Did you make your offer after the 2nd price reduction.

Yes but i offered less then 2.  Funny how you feel like you should have offered more once someone else buys it.  I am sure they got more then 2.

EDIT: I got an email saying that the models are going to be released on Saturday, priced from "the high $1 to $2 millions"

Irvine Dream said:
Villager said:
I got an email saying that the models are going to be released on Saturday, priced from "the low $1 to $2 millions"
What?? Low 1 million?  Models, no way

Probably meant "high" $1 million (plan 1) and >$2 million (plans 2 and 3).

Goriot said:
Irvine Dream said:
Villager said:
I got an email saying that the models are going to be released on Saturday, priced from "the low $1 to $2 millions"
What?? Low 1 million?  Models, no way

Probably meant "high" $1 million (plan 1) and >$2 million (plans 2 and 3).
Yep, mean't high $1 millions. Sorry about that.

Garren said:
I am not really know what numbers stand for in other culture, but Chinese.

1: in most case, people think this is a good number. it mean No.1, the best, the championship.
In Chinese it sounds like "Yi"

2:In Chinese culture, 2 is a good number. it is a even number. Old people used to say :" a pair or two of happiness or good things will happened." Its a good number. In some city, 2 also could be used to as "stupid or foolish" In most case, it doesn't have any  offensive attitude but a little bit cute. People say:" look at that dog, he is so 2 and cute. In recent years, 2 also sounds like "love". Young people use 520 instead of I Love You, while texting and Internet luanguage.

In Chinese 2 sounds like "e"

3:not bad, not good, its just a normal odd number. In some accent of Guangdong province, 3 sounds like ??". it is good ! It means progress, going up, being successes. BTW, I love the number of 23, cuz David Beckham and Micheal Jordan~~~  ^^

3 sound like "sam or san"

4: 4 Sounds like death. 99% people dislike this.

4 sounds like "S"

5: the number of 5 sounds like "I, myself" in Chinese. People like use 5 + a good number to come up a combination. For example, the Chinese version of
YELP.com is 58.com    5 means I, 8 means get rich. To sum up 58=I get rich ^^ this website also listed in NASDAQ in last year, "WUBA".

5= wo, wu

6: Chinese people love 6. It means every things goes well.  In the age of Internet, young people use 6 as "well done" "good job" while the playing online games, like WOW of LOL.

6 sounds like lip,le

7: 7 doesn't has some significant meanings.

7=chi or che

8: 8 sounds like "BA" or "Fa" in Cantonese. This is the best number. it imply money, rich and wealth.People will pay more for this number, when they buy cars, homes or chose the date of wedding.
as I aforementioned, the website 58.com    58=i get rich.

As 8 sounds like 8, it also means father, baba or papa in some content.  As Ferrari introduce a new car under the name of "Ferrari 488". A lot of Chinese think the name should be changed when they sell this car in China. 488= death of father. People won't put a  cursed on his father anyway.

9: It also a good number. it means a long time. People like to choose 9, 19, 29 as a good date to have a wedding ceremony.

As you can see, English is me second language. I tried my best to answer this question. Please feel free to ask  when I can help.
^^

Very thorough information about the cannotation of numbers and I couldn't agree more about these. But personally, I think people nowadays (at least in Mainland) do now really care about these associations - the "worst" number "4" is seen anywhere, from car plates to floor numbers. If you don't specifically point it out, on one would pay an attention to that.. So don't bother too much on it. :)

Back