Orchard Hills-Amelia

From the WSJ a few days ago. Amelia and Trevi are mentioned.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-popularity-of-guesthouses-1408638276?tesla=y&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204392504580099660313498390.html

From the article:

Reacting to consumer demand, the New Home Co., a home builder in Irvine, Calif., started making detached guesthouses a significant part of its developments about two years ago. At the developer's newest Irvine property, the Amelia and Trevi neighborhoods in Orchard Hills, homeowners have the option to add a 500- to 700-square-foot guesthouse to their property for about $200,000. The main homes range in cost from $1.7 million to $2.8 million. "People want a place for their parents or college-age children to stay," says Joan Marcus-Colvin, who runs sales and marketing for the New Home Co.

Where will these parents or college age children park their cars? In the tandem garage? On the driveway to play "Whose turn is it to move the car blocking the garage?"?

Multi-generational homes without proper infrastructure... awesome.

irvinehomeowner said:
Where will these parents or college age children park their cars? In the tandem garage? On the driveway to play "Whose turn is it to move the car blocking the garage?"?

Welcome to The Grove #valuvlg

irvinehomeowner said:

I'm not a big fan of tandem garages.

irvinehomeowner said:

Totally agree.  Especially for those car loving high rollers, the Ferrari and Lamborghini will be in the garage,  some daily driver will be on the driveway, but the rest will spill over to the street.

For those  2 million plus home, you need a 4CWG to over trump 99%er's 3CWG.

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Totally agree.  Especially for those car loving high rollers, the Ferrari and Lamborghini will be in the garage,  some daily driver will be on the driveway, but the rest will spill over to the street.

Some of the high rollers will get lifts in their garage. A neighbor of mine has 2 lifts in his 2 car garage for his Lambroghini and his Maserati, in addition to his daily Mercedes and some other car.

NYT said:
Some of the high rollers will get lifts in their garage. A neighbor of mine has 2 lifts in his 2 car garage for his Lambroghini and his Maserati, in addition to his daily Mercedes and some other car.
The question is are the ceilings in Trevi/Amelia high enough for lifts?

NYT said:
lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

geez NYT, where do you live?

lovingit said:
NYT said:
lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

He lives in "Baller-Vill" - where the dogs have a gold played tags.  :D

lovingit said:
NYT said:
lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I have a felling that NYT live Next to Homie.

2 million dollar homes?  Check
Flexible floorplans with lots of options?  Check
Some backyard space?  Check
Leaving a detailed VM on phone saying models closed for a week?  FAIL

Hard to get my family to tag along with me to model homes, doesn't look good when we finally get there and they're closed.  Called ahead and there was no mention of closure.  They had a note tacked onto the doors at Amelia/Trevi.  A simple message on their office vm would've been appreciated.

Hello New Home Company and NYT?  Hopefully you're reading this.  I guess they don't need my $2 million  :mad:

I would avoid the high end/top prices homes right now. Let's say if we are at the peak of this cycle. Your value will decease dramatically.

Home prices look like they are stayed stagnant or slight trickle.  I dont foresee the new homes going downward though even with the fob numbers staying flatter compared to earlier in the year.

The slight trickle is the beginning. If you look at under contract/pending sales price decreases. Also, there are active listings with price decreases.

Some tracts are back to phase 1 pricing. Some tracts are pausing on building until later on. Sales reps are calling potential buyers/brokers reminding them about houses are available. (Sign of semi-desperation) Weak housing numbers with low interest rates. Economic/political climate is up in the air. (Potential war/elections coming up)

I would agree with earphone. I wouldn't buy anything right now. If we could all call the top/bottom of cycles we would be rich. The indicators are there that the top has happened. There will be another down cycle. Always has been always will. Prices not going up with low interest rates. What else do you need to see?

ps9 said:

Hard to get my family to tag along with me to model homes, doesn't look good when we finally get there and they're closed.  Called ahead and there was no mention of closure.  They had a note tacked onto the doors at Amelia/Trevi.  A simple message on their office vm would've been appreciated.

Hello New Home Company and NYT?  Hopefully you're reading this.  I guess they don't need my $2 million  :mad:

Evicted?

ps9 said:

Not sure why you're calling me out on this. Except for being a very happy customer of TNHC, I don't have anything else to do with them.

And, you were going to buy at Amelia but because of this are no longer going to buy? Yes, they should've indicated that their offices are closed. But they've probably told all their serious customers already.

Time to swallow that humility pill.  Apparently they were open, got a call from them saying the closure starts on the 22nd, which is today.  When I got there around 10:30, it really felt like it was closed:  no cars in the parking lots, every door had that sign, not a soul in sight.  Stupid me got the dates wrong and didn't even try the door.  I did walk up to read the sign, then turned and left.  When i called again later, it went straight to VM, so that just reinforced me thinking they were indeed closed.  Got the call from them around 2pm. 

@NYT
No offense, just thought you would have the inside scoop on New Home Company.  Just irrational thoughts in a seemingly rational day.

Back