Orchard Hills-Amelia

Did anyone notice the cheap Home Depot DIY blinds in Amelia plan 3 great room?  Was a bit surprised to see that.

Didn't see Amelia yet, too many lookie loos, you know, I had the same impression with Trevi, maybe it was too big or something but the furniture and decor didn't match the $2 million price tag.  And so many bratty kids running around, the only ones buying are the old people in the sales office

Nah, met three of the buyers for Trevi.  One young Caucasian family couple looks to be in their young thirties, two other young families with parents in the late 30's, early 40's.  Too many naysayers saying old people buying or FCB.  All 3 families stateside.

thatOSguy said:
jamboreedude said:
Are these homes in Amelia and Trevi zoned to Tustin School District of Irvine's?

Every home behind the gates rolls to TUSD.

If anyone who is willing to buy these homes for $2+ millions, they are better off waiting for Hidden Canyon by Toll Brothers IMO.

Hidden Canyon is zoned to Irvine school district, and UNI High.

FCBs pay more for Uni High, not sure exactly what propaganda is being fed them in the motherland, but Uni district always seems to fetch a premium regardless of any change in ranking.  Price per SF in Uni High district is the highest in Irvine... I calculated this a few months back when I was home shopping but I believe the same holds true today.

This could always change in the future, but for now it makes Hidden Canyon a better $ for $ investment than OH assuming price per SF is similar in Hidden.

jamboreedude said:
thatOSguy said:
jamboreedude said:
Are these homes in Amelia and Trevi zoned to Tustin School District of Irvine's?

If anyone who is willing to buy these homes for $2+ millions, they are better off waiting for Hidden Canyon by Toll Brothers IMO.

What if Hidden Canyon offers typical boring floorplans from Toll Brothers and Trevi/Amelia has something you want/like/need? I'd much rather buy a house that meets my needs rather than wait for something that may or may not fill this need at an unknown price. Now, if Amelia/Trevi don't completely meet your needs, then yes, it makes sense to wait and see what Hidden Canyon offers.

NYT said:
jamboreedude said:
thatOSguy said:
jamboreedude said:

What if Hidden Canyon offers typical boring floorplans from Toll Brothers and Trevi/Amelia has something you want/like/need? I'd much rather buy a house that meets my needs rather than wait for something that may or may not fill this need at an unknown price. Now, if Amelia/Trevi don't completely meet your needs, then yes, it makes sense to wait and see what Hidden Canyon offers.

Two very different locations. HC will have the "Coastal Canyon" cache and attract those who want to be South of the 405. I also suspect pricing per sqft will be higher at HC versus OH. The new proposed boundary change back to Uni High is icing on the cake.

iacrenter said:
Two very different locations. HC will have the "Coastal Canyon" cache and attract those who want to be South of the 405. I also suspect pricing per sqft will be higher at HC versus OH. The new proposed boundary change back to Uni High is icing on the cake.

If HC will have no mello-roos it can stand a higher price per sqft and still be the same value.

Sounds like there must be a huge wait list for Amelia if phases 1 and 2 sold out - does anyone have any idea how many are on the pre-qual list?

I doubt they would give out that info, flash some liquid cash and you should be on top of the list. BTW, is that Zelda?

With The New Home Company, it all comes down to your electronic time stamp once you are pre-qualified and have registered directly with them.

kamichael said:
With The New Home Company, it all comes down to your electronic time stamp once you are pre-qualified and have registered directly with them.

I wonder if they still do that lot sign-in thing when the new phase is released.  If that's the case, indeed, the time stamp is more important than number of people in the priority list.

lnc said:
kamichael said:

I wonder if they still do that lot sign-in thing when the new phase is released.  If that's the case, indeed, the time stamp is more important than number of people in the priority list.
They do.  It's all about the time stamp.  Cash vs financed makes no difference.  But, there can't be that many buyers at that price level.  For example, I think there are about 150 ppl on prequal list for Cappella vs about 50 for Saviero.  But who knows, TNHC homes always have about 4 times the number of visitors to the models vs the other builders, I have no idea what percentage is looky loos.

Back