Obsidian by Lennar at Parasol Park

acf said:
What do you mean "2 bay" garages that can't fit two cars? I've never seen that before.

IIRC, the language on the brochure described the garages as a "2 bay garage".  One of the three models had a garage with one "bay" standard depth (for obsidian) and the 2nd bay was about half depth (to fit the bathroom of perhaps an optional first floor bedroom).  That 2nd bay would fit a golf cart or smart car sized vehicle, but not a compact sized car. 

The garages in general seemed very snug.  I didn't pull out a tape measurer nor do I know the dimensions of a standard 2 car garage.  It was literally:

*open door to garage*
"This seems smaller than normal.  The sides look narrow and it seems shorter than other garages I've seen.  Or maybe I'm imagining things? Oh well, let's move on"

someguy said:
Saw these today.  Put me down for a "or not"

Motor courts.  No driveway.  Street parking will be a shit show.

Soooo snug on the lot lines.  Maybe, 6 feet from house to house?

Model "underwear space" is meh, but in the locations with units backing up to each other... uh, sweet balcony, have fun looking at all of your neighbors' balconies.

Nah dude.  Not at all interested.  Good luck with that.

Well...if you look at the Parasol Park website, here's what they say:

"Parasol Park is the first of the Great Park Neighborhoods to introduce a more urban lifestyle. Neighbors live closer together. Spaces are more intimate. And open space is shared."

someguy said:
acf said:
What do you mean "2 bay" garages that can't fit two cars? I've never seen that before.

IIRC, the language on the brochure described the garages as a "2 bay garage".  One of the three models had a garage with one "bay" standard depth (for obsidian) and the 2nd bay was about half depth (to fit the bathroom of perhaps an optional first floor bedroom).  That 2nd bay would fit a golf cart or smart car sized vehicle, but not a compact sized car. 

The garages in general seemed very snug.  I didn't pull out a tape measurer nor do I know the dimensions of a standard 2 car garage.  It was literally:

*open door to garage*
"This seems smaller than normal.  The sides look narrow and it seems shorter than other garages I've seen.  Or maybe I'm imagining things? Oh well, let's move on"

I asked about this too.  It's a full 2 car garage.  In the model, they put a temporary bathroom in the 2nd garage space for people visiting the models.  That's why it looks like a half space.  There's no driveway either but IHS says there's a dedicated parking space outside in the footprint of where the sales office is currently located.

All garages are 20x20 minimum. The sideway is 12x 19. In the model the sales offices and restroom will be removed and restored to the 2 car garage eventually.

Back