New Listing - Coronado Plan 2 in Woodbury East (39 Splendor)

USCTrojanCPA said:
As Steve mentioned, he and his wife selected one of the offers to move forward with.  I informed the buyer's agent who was very happy and sent the offer to open up escrow.  The three of us could really tell that the buyer loved the home, the agent put together a very nice offer package and we spoke to their son at the open house.

So Lucy Liu didn't win?  No hair tickle for you!

WTTCHMN said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
As Steve mentioned, he and his wife selected one of the offers to move forward with.  I informed the buyer's agent who was very happy and sent the offer to open up escrow.  The three of us could really tell that the buyer loved the home, the agent put together a very nice offer package and we spoke to their son at the open house.

So Lucy Liu didn't win?  No hair tickle for you!
Hahaha  No the Lucy Liu FCB was not the selected buyer, the buyer is a non-FCB financed buyer. 

And I thought the Irvine market was hot in 2013.

Good on you scuba and USC.

The fact that these comp for $780k+ boggles my mind... maybe we should have held onto our house a little longer before selling.

irvinehomeowner said:
And I thought the Irvine market was hot in 2013.

Good on you scuba and USC.

The fact that these comp for $780k+ boggles my mind... maybe we should have held onto our house a little longer before selling.
We aren't back in 2013 but the market has definitely warmed up a bit and inventory levels are seasonably low for this time.  I think the lower interest rates and positive economic/job news is bringing buyers back into the market (or maybe it's the fear of the Fed raising rates which they think will translate to higher mortgage rates).

scubasteve said:
We just wanted to get as many people interested in the house.  Most people will do a search based on price.  We didn't want to eliminate potential buyers who set their search limit to $750k.  Given low interest rates, we figured if buyers loved the house, they may stretch themselves a little further.

Good thinking. When we bought in 2012 we set our budget to $550k max, try to stay under $500k and ended up stretching to almost $600k when the new development we liked was sold out of Plan 1s. I'm very happy we did because we really need that 4th bedroom and the under $550k homes didn't have.

It's not only a search based on price, a lot of buyers have alerts on redfin, etc. that automatically e-mail them of things like combos of 4bedrooms and $750k and newer than 2005.

Guess how many homes in Irvine (attached and detached, active only) meet that criteria?

https://www.redfin.com/city/9361/CA/Irvine/real-estate#!max_price=750000&num_beds=4&min_year_built=2005&v=8&sst=&region_id=9361&region_type=6&market=socal

paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:
We just wanted to get as many people interested in the house.  Most people will do a search based on price.  We didn't want to eliminate potential buyers who set their search limit to $750k.  Given low interest rates, we figured if buyers loved the house, they may stretch themselves a little further.

Good thinking. When we bought in 2012 we set our budget to $550k max, try to stay under $500k and ended up stretching to almost $600k when the new development we liked was sold out of Plan 1s. I'm very happy we did because we really need that 4th bedroom and the under $550k homes didn't have.

It's not only a search based on price, a lot of buyers have alerts on redfin, etc. that automatically e-mail them of things like combos of 4bedrooms and $750k and newer than 2005.

Guess how many homes in Irvine (attached and detached, active only) meet that criteria?

https://www.redfin.com/city/9361/CA/Irvine/real-estate#!max_price=750000&num_beds=4&min_year_built=2005&v=8&sst=&region_id=9361&region_type=6&market=socal

wow! that's why its a HOT home!

scubasteve said:
paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:

wow! that's why its a HOT home!
It shouldn't be on the list as I just changed the status to Pending on MLS.  ;)

I think I just shed a little tear cleaning up our old place.  Final walk through has been approved by buyers.  One more week until it's officially not ours anymore.

Attachments

• IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 269
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 231
I got D?j? Vu looking at your pics and I know how you feel, you're leaving a lot of memories behind.

On to bigger and better, you'll make the same great memories in your next place.

Got news that the loan has funded and we are set to record/close this afternoon.  The final sales price is $815,500...over $35k higher that the highest model match comp in the tract ($780k).  Congrats to ScubaSteve and to the buyer. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Got news that the loan has funded and we are set to record/close this afternoon.  The final sales price is $815,500...over $35k higher that the highest model match comp in the tract ($780k).  Congrats to ScubaSteve and to the buyer.

Wow.. $65k over list. So Steve's strategy of listing low worked!

paperboyNC said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Wow.. $65k over list. So Steve's strategy of listing low worked!
Yup and me "encouraging" buyer agents to give me their client's strongest offer.  ;)  I'm sure that ScubaSteve's neighbors will be very happy once they see the comp on the various real estate websites. 

USCTrojanCPA said:

Fantastic!

Congrats on your record close!

USCTrojanCPA said:

That's pretty awesome.  Looks like this one broke your other sold-over-the -listing record. ;D

Good job USCT and congrats to all parties. 

lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

That's pretty awesome.  Looks like this one broke your other sold-over-the -listing record. ;D

Good job USCT and congrats to all parties. 
Thanks Inc, it was pleasant surprise that's for sure. 

We are officially Redfin official and the funds finally showed up in my bank account today.  :)

First off, thanks Martin for being an awesome agent.  We couldn't have been more happy with the outcome.  In speaking with several agents during our down-selection period, I found Martin to be a no-fluff, straight to the point kind of guy which I really appreciated.  No signs, no marketing flyers, just real good advice. 

For example, I didn't want to pay to have my house and windows cleaned (I thought it was already in great shape). He was adamant about that and I think he was clearly right when I got people's reactions during our open house.  Many people said the house looked better than some models they had just visited.

Secondly, he was also the most economical since his commission is based off of a certain % and that % would only increase if the house sold above our agreed target price.  Obviously, he made his money since the final price smashed our target price of $780k, which was what the highest model match comp sold for previously.

Lastly, he's just an overall cool dude. We got along really well.  We were texting each other quite often, cracking jokes and typing random hashtags to each other.  I'm glad I got to meet someone I can now call a friend. 

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread.  I had a blast giving everyone a play-by-play of my experience.  Good luck to everyone out there!

Okay, so now that this sale is closed, I wanted to ask this:

How is this a 4 bedroom 3 bath home? Am I looking at the wrong floorplan or was there some remodeling?

Maybe?  Which floor plan are you looking at?

There was an option to convert the downstairs 0.5 bath to full bath and also an option to convert open den into full room (I took the closet out, but kept the door so technically it could still count as a den).

2 beds upstairs with 1 full bath and master with master bath downstairs.

Back