New Listing - Coronado Plan 2 in Woodbury East (39 Splendor)

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
All I want to know is if the mature Lucy Liu made her all cash offer. Paging scuba!
Not yet, she called me and will be submitting it later on today.

in addition to her offer, let us know if she sends you a selfie :)

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
All I want to know is if the mature Lucy Liu made her all cash offer. Paging scuba!
Not yet, she called me and will be submitting it later on today.

in addition to her offer, let us know if she sends you a selfie :)

I hope she's not lurking and decides to rescind her offer... or perhaps she will up her offer? hmmmmm

scubasteve said:
I hope she's not lurking and decides to rescind her offer... or perhaps she will up her offer? hmmmmm

Maybe she will up the offer if USCT is part of the deal.  Buy Scuba house and get USCT for free!

eyephone said:
wbresident said:
Yes - my Woodbury home will be on the market for USCT to list in September  8) 
Will see how this strategy works out first.

Why September?

Because tenant's contract ends in Aug.. too bad I wanted to hit the peak season, but hopefully there's less supply then to cope with less demand.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Yup, doesn't hurt that all of the offers came in above list price.  :D

I've never sold a home but have always thought it's better to price the home at the bottom end of your price range. Generates a lot more interest and a bidding war rather than listing high and sitting on the market.

We have accepted.... now we wait anxiously for COE!  I feel really good about selling instead of renting.  Will update everyone w/ the final price if/when everything goes through.

As Steve mentioned, he and his wife selected one of the offers to move forward with.  I informed the buyer's agent who was very happy and sent the offer to open up escrow.  The three of us could really tell that the buyer loved the home, the agent put together a very nice offer package and we spoke to their son at the open house. 

scubasteve said:
We have accepted.... now we wait anxiously for COE!  I feel really good about selling instead of renting.  Will update everyone on the final price if/when everything goes through.

I notice USCT was trying to talk you in to renting on that thread. Also noticed you listed for $750k when you noted that similar comps were going for $780k-790k. Any particular reason you decided to go so far under comps? I guess to sell it quickly because you have a tight deadline with your new home purchase? If that's the case, an all-cash offer was particularly attractive for a quick close?

We just wanted to get as many people interested in the house.  Most people will do a search based on price.  We didn't want to eliminate potential buyers who set their search limit to $750k.  Given low interest rates, we figured if buyers loved the house, they may stretch themselves a little further.

paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:
We have accepted.... now we wait anxiously for COE!  I feel really good about selling instead of renting.  Will update everyone on the final price if/when everything goes through.

I notice USCT was trying to talk you in to renting on that thread. Also noticed you listed for $750k when you noted that similar comps were going for $780k-790k. Any particular reason you decided to go so far under comps? I guess to sell it quickly because you have a tight deadline with your new home purchase? If that's the case, an all-cash offer was particularly attractive for a quick close?
I'll let you Steve discuss why he selected the pricing that we went with but I will say that presented him and his wife 3 different pricing strategy positions and they selected the one to price it at $750k.  Obviously to no one's surprise, all 7 offers/counters came in over the list price.

Back