New Listing - Coronado Plan 2 in Woodbury East (39 Splendor)

Wow, very busy day today...had about 35 group of buyers come by.  Literally there were like 5 buyers within a few minutes of me opening the door at 1pm.  It was nice to see some fellow TIers come by.  :D

I had my first encounter with an FCB today at day 2 of our open house. I had thought these mythical beings were extinct in 2011, but it appears they are are still out and about. When USC left, she camped outside my house for 1.5 hours examining every aspect of it to make sure it had the proper Feng Shui. 

Overall, I think she was very happy.  She told me that she has a wad of cash in a Bank located somewhere in China, thanked me for keeping the house in immaculate condition, and said she will submit her offer tomorrow.  #fingerscrossedthatitwillbegood

Looks like Scuba got himself a winner.

You should also tell her that from your house it's an easy 15 min bicycle ride to 99 Ranch Market.  10 min if she took the I-5 freeway. :)

USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, very busy day today...had about 35 group of buyers come by.  Literally there were like 5 buyers within a few minutes of me opening the door at 1pm.  It was nice to see some fellow TIers come by.  :D

From your experience what you think, is this due to this particular property or there are  too few good homes in Irvine, and too may buyers :)
Wish you all the luck for your listing.

Sunday we had a slightly lower turnout of about 30 people but there were several buyers who came back a 2nd time (many of them with family).  Steve's FBC spent about 20 minutes at the open house on Saturday and then another 30-40 minutes at the open house on Sunday.  I think her coming back a 3rd time and staying even longer after the open house is a great sign...sounds like she really wanted to talk to Steve and get specific information from him instead of me.  haha

Anyhow, we did receive 2 offers this weekend and except to get a few more before we review all of the offers tomorrow morning.  It was great seeing some of you TIers. 

lnc said:

You should also tell her that from your house it's an easy 15 min bicycle ride to 99 Ranch Market.  10 min if she took the I-5 freeway. :)
Thanks for being the translator and sharing what she was telling her friend about the home.  Man, I need to learn Mandarin...I think that'd be mind blowing for FBCs if they knew I could speak/understand Mandarin.

OC_relocation said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

From your experience what you think, is this due to this particular property or there are  too few good homes in Irvine, and too may buyers :)
Wish you all the luck for your listing.
Thank you.  I think it was a combination of several things that contributed to the strong turnout at the open houses....1) Great pictures/virtual tour, 2) Pricing the home very aggressively, 3) Relatively low amount of quality resale home inventory, and 4) Improving job/macroeconomic landscape with rising wages increasing buyer confidence.

My limited observation:

Homes <$850K around me: 90% are pending
Homes >$850K around me: 10% are pending

There appears to be very strong demand for 1800-2200 sq ft homes with 3-4 bedrooms that are under $800K. I'm guessing Marigold at Cypress Villages that is low $800s for 1,900 sqft ends up being well into the 900s once you select options, get window dressings and landscaping.

USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:

Thanks for being the translator and sharing what she was telling her friend about the home.  Man, I need to learn Mandarin...I think that'd be mind blowing for FBCs if they knew I could speak/understand Mandarin.

Glad I'm can be in some help and it's fun to watch the pro in action. 

Not only does this FCB buyer fall in love with the house, I think she's pretty fond of USCT too.  At one point, she's totally hitting on USCT, commenting that USCT is the best agent she ever met and ask weather USCT needs a partner in the future. 

Never knew USCT is such a magnet with FCB ladies.  :)

lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:

Not only does this FCB buyer fall in love with the house, I think she's pretty fond of USCT too.  At one point, she's totally hitting on USCT, commenting that USCT is the best agent she ever met and ask weather USCT needs a partner in the future. 

She was fairly attractive (looked a little like the older version of Lucy Liu) but a little too old for me.  haha 

USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:

She was fairly attractive (looked a little like the older version of Lucy Liu) but a little too old for me.  haha 

there is no such thing as slightly too old if she looks like lucy liu and can buy an 800K house in cash. Cmon trojan, get your act together :)

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:

there is no such thing as slightly too old if she looks like lucy liu and can buy an 800K house in cash. Cmon trojan, get your act together :)

Agree :)
Actually parked behind your new blue car. But didn't get a chance to stop in to say hi.

can't wait to see the price, so list slightly below comps, show house well with double open house back to back, inspire bidding war.  Nicely done. 

BTW, getting the Redfin 'Hot' listing designation and the 'house will be sold in X days', that's all Redfin right? 

ps9 said:
can't wait to see the price, so list slightly below comps, show house well with double open house back to back, inspire bidding war.  Nicely done. 

BTW, getting the Redfin 'Hot' listing designation and the 'house will be sold in X days', that's all Redfin right? 

ya.. it says its based on their algorithm which I'm guessing is based on number of people who favorite our house, views, list price, and past comps.

Who wants to name the final price?  I say $788,000.  I'd pay $15k more to be semi-single load across from park

USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, the offers have been coming in fast and furious....have 6 offers now.

I tell you - if you looking to sell your house, go with SCtrojan. He knows how to market, price it right, and gives good advice.

eyephone said:
wbresident said:
Yes - my Woodbury home will be on the market for USCT to list in September  8) 
Will see how this strategy works out first.

Why September?

Waiting his new HC home to be built?  :)

USCT's strategy had worked very well for me when he sold my previous home.  When the home has a very reasonable asking price, it will get noticed and drives up traffic.  When the view count increases and reached "hot property" status at Redfin, it got even more traffic.  It will only need one good offer but a good exposure increase the chance of getting that, and in this case, he got quite a few.

Back