Mulberry at Cypress Village

test said:
Everyone is pretty much in agreement that Portola Springs is the worst, so it makes sense that it's last.  Cypress Village and Laguna Altura are the best location wise, and the first 3 rules in real estate are location, location, location, so it makes sense they're the top 2.  The question becomes why is Cypress Village above Laguna Altura and why is Stonegate above Woobury. Laguna Altura doesn't have the amenities of Cypress Village and is completely unwalkable as it is trapped behind 2 freeways. Woobury has an inferior design where the apartments and low income housing are dispersed throughout the community. Stonegate has them all on one side. Cypress Village also continues this superior design.

CV is not in an optimal location - unless being up against the 5 is desirable.  It is also a very dense community given the motorcourt design, the small lot sizes and the large density of apartments (which look like the projects when you drive up Jeffery).  As for amenities, Woodbury has the most.  The apartments in woodbury are up against the busiest streets and the market center (not desirable places for million dollar homes).  As for LA its location is not bad if you want to have close access to the highways, beach or being in a good high school district (i think).  I will agree that PS is the worst.  I don't have much to say about stonegate except that it is also getting filled up with moderate density housing. 

Here are the densities in CV:

Marigold: 8.6 DUA
Magnolia: 6.6 DUA
Mulberry: 10.5 DUA
Mulberry 2: 10.6 DUA

In this village the motor court homes have the lower density.

The other two neighborhoods are:

Caserta: 18.33 DUA
Jade Court: 15.53 DUA

DUA numbers tell so much! 

Wonder what DUA numbers are for LA.

I also consider LA to have the best location among all communities from 2005 to now.  Hidden Canyon will be even better.
After all, who doesn't want to have quick access to fwy, be close to beach, and be in the best school district in Irvine.  The fact that LA has no rental communities or low/super low income house, makes LA more attractive to a lot of ppl who care abt these things...

Too bad LA is all sold out, unless someone drops the ball or change their mind during Escrow on the remaining homes.

Tyler Durden said:
Funkie said:
DUA numbers tell so much! 

Wonder what DUA numbers are for LA.

I also consider LA to have the best location among all communities from 2005 to now.  Hidden Canyon will be even better.
After all, who doesn't want to have quick access to fwy, be close to beach, and be in the best school district in Irvine.  The fact that LA has no rental communities or low/super low income house, makes LA more attractive to a lot of ppl who care abt these things...

Too bad LA is all sold out, unless someone drops the ball or change their mind during Escrow on the remaining homes.

If you are talking within the neighborhood, you are correct...but the mother of all apartment complexes is 1 exit past LA on Irvine Center Dr... Los Olivos has 1700 units built now, 1600 more in 2017 when Verizon Amphitheater shuts down.

Plus there are plenty of apartments in QH.  Even more apartments are being built over at the View at Irvine Spectrum.

So there are plenty nearby.  The future toll bros. development will have similar distances to all of them as well.

Way to put a damper on Funkie's LA love fest  ;)

I dont mind. 

Love LA or hate LA, recent LA resell properties all went into Escrow quickly w/ good appreciation, setting LA pricing @ > $500/sqft.

LA and Hidden Canyon are surrounded by preserved area, no more homes will be built.
When you look at SG, WB, PS areas, more than 10k homes are still yet to be built around them from GP development.

Anything rare will carry a premium. 

As for mother of apartments, I find it funny as I wouldn't consider any homes 1 fwy exit away to be part of community.

Only time will tell.

Funkie said:
Anything rare will carry a premium. 

Only if it is desirable.  A rare piece of turd will not carry any premium.  Reminds me of this fallacy:

PriceDemand.0013.jpg

Phase 5 Pricing
Plan 1: $925,400
Plan 2: $962,600 - $1,002,600
Plan 3: $1,033,900 - $1,058,900

Chairman said:
Hi Test,

You got phase 6 numbers for Mulberry?

Beat you to it Test! 

I was at Mulberry over the weekend.  Here are the numbers:

Plan 1: $903,900 ~ $928,900

Plan 2: $996,100 ~ 1,006,100

Plan 3: $1,037,400 ~ $1,077,400

5th Bedroom now an option at Mulberry

2znx3ed.jpg

2m45zz9.jpg

Looks like they took my advice of adding another bathroom upstairs in plan 2.

Phase 8 Pricing
Plan 1: $936,300 - $951,300
Plan 2: $979,700 - $1,009,700
Plan 3: $1,066,600 - $1,096,600

test said:
Phase 8 Pricing
Plan 1: $936,300 - $951,300
Plan 2: $979,700 - $1,009,700
Plan 3: $1,066,600 - $1,096,600

At about 6 homes per phase we are at 48+ homes into the build out. Wonder how much prices drop if the economy falls off the cliff.

I think these CV "SFRs" are in danger with the product over at Pavilion Park.

For $1m+, you can get a 3-car tandem on a larger lot vs this Cali garage on an almost zero-lot.

I guess this is where we'll see location and other factors kick in.

For sure. Competition is always healthy for buyers. From what I have gathered...

Great Park has a higher mello roos and sits on a superfund site. You get more house for your money but there were some oddities that a friend of mine pointed out. Some of the models had small shower stalls and the quality seemed to be lacking as the builder either cut corners or rushed the job. Nothing new here I suppose.

At CV you get a smaller lot size and less choice with floor plans. Great Park homes had some great floor plans from what I saw. More choices are always better than less.

What I have concluded is there will never be the perfect home or location if you go with prefab. Unless you buy your own land on an ideal spot you personaly pick out. Then hire a top notch architect to design your dream house, followed by the cash flow to pay for every little thing your heart desires. There will always be a balance between the pros and cons of what one community has over another.

You have to pull the trigger for yourself at some point otherwise you just stand around thinking could've, would've, should've.

I very much appreciate the open exchange here and sharing of knowledge. Everyone benefits from that.

Back