Mulberry at Cypress Village

Just want to clarified about Pacific Design Center.  They give you user name and password to studiochateau,http://www.studiochateau.com/for list of upgrade info, but the info is very limited.

According to akim997:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,2896.45.html
"For the design center experience - they give you a login to studiochateau.com - but they treat you like an idiot.  The options you can sort through change as the stage of your selection process changes.  Further, they don't give you a lot of information, and they don't give you any pictures.  Also, there isn't really a "catalog" of what's available.  You have to think about it, shop for yourself, come in and hope your designer is not lazy that day "Oh, we don't have anything like that".  They show you samples here and there, and there isn't a real easy way to explore all your options.  You come in when you have an appointment, they show you samples and then you are supposed to know right then and there what you want.  Even buying a car is easier!  Several times, I saw a different sample of something on a different visit that I would have been interseted in.  They have limited samples.  For example, if your designer brings a specific backsplash sample to the stoneyard to meet you to match, then everyone else is out of luck that day!  They definitely dont tell you everything -  I paid 500 to add a buffet where home management would be.  That was in an early stage.  only later did I find out it'd be an extra $3K to include the same countertop and backsplash on that buffet.  Thanks for letting me know!  There is nothing about them that says "how can we improve", rather its "this is how things are done so tough luck!"    I will be sure to provide Deb Foster my comments at the conclusion of the process.  They also have no pics of some options - for example, there is an island option in one of the models... there are no pics or samples of what it would look like.  Would you buy a car soley on the stock photo?"

However, from studioChatear.com, you can a list of stage 2 options and study it ahead of time.  There are a lots of stuff included in the stage 2.  For the Mulberry, stage 2 option list is over 40+ pages.

lnc said:
Just want to clarified about Pacific Design Center.  They give you user name and password to studiochateau,http://www.studiochateau.com/for list of upgrade info, but the info is very limited.

According to akim997:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,2896.45.html
"For the design center experience - they give you a login to studiochateau.com - but they treat you like an idiot.  The options you can sort through change as the stage of your selection process changes.  Further, they don't give you a lot of information, and they don't give you any pictures.  Also, there isn't really a "catalog" of what's available.  You have to think about it, shop for yourself, come in and hope your designer is not lazy that day "Oh, we don't have anything like that".  They show you samples here and there, and there isn't a real easy way to explore all your options.  You come in when you have an appointment, they show you samples and then you are supposed to know right then and there what you want.  Even buying a car is easier!  Several times, I saw a different sample of something on a different visit that I would have been interseted in.  They have limited samples.  For example, if your designer brings a specific backsplash sample to the stoneyard to meet you to match, then everyone else is out of luck that day!  They definitely dont tell you everything -  I paid 500 to add a buffet where home management would be.  That was in an early stage.  only later did I find out it'd be an extra $3K to include the same countertop and backsplash on that buffet.  Thanks for letting me know!  There is nothing about them that says "how can we improve", rather its "this is how things are done so tough luck!"    I will be sure to provide Deb Foster my comments at the conclusion of the process.  They also have no pics of some options - for example, there is an island option in one of the models... there are no pics or samples of what it would look like.  Would you buy a car soley on the stock photo?"

However, from studioChatear.com, you can a list of stage 2 options and study it ahead of time.  There are a lots of stuff included in the stage 2.  For the Mulberry, stage 2 option list is over 40+ pages.

Inc,

Sorry to hear about your buying experience with TIC. Unfortunately, they are pretty much the only game in town and they know it. Based on multiple reviews on TI, they treat their customers like mushrooms...keep you in the dark and feed you $hit.

I'm sure TIC is aware of these multiple shortcoming in their customer service but they DO NOT care. Why should they? They have huge waiting lists and people screaming to hand over their bags of cash for a new home. That is why I was happy to see The New Home Company/LR do so well and looking forward to seeing GP come online. The only way TIC will change is with some competition.

Did I ever mention I love this Mulberry thread?  I got so many great ideas from it.

For example,

I called up Bilt-Rite (property inspector) and KS Landscape Design for my super large 10 foot setback yard (yes being sarcastic there).  Many thanks to USCTrojan for the referrals.

The San Mateo link with Design Center stories has proved invaluable.  Thanks Inc for sharing the link!

I will swing by the IP Design Center later this week just for fun, since No Quarter said he did the same thing.  I thought I always needed an appointment to enter those doors, but looks like I can walk in just to browse and do my homework.  If they kick me out of the design center I will ask my DD to play her piano outside No Quarter's house.  :p  Don't worry, she doesn't know Mozart yet.

I did ask about the "dusty shoe" walk and I was told they no longer do that because it was just too dangerous.  But IP did say I could drop in and ask for a private tour of the construction site if it was safe to do so.  So I will be dropping by regularly just to see how things are going.

So that's where I'm at.  I still need to look for a good carpet company.  I do plan putting carpet on the second floor.  Downstairs I plan on wood or vinyl.  I'm not sure how to tackle the kitchen + great room flooring.  I want the same flooring in both rooms but don't want food spills all over wood floors in the kitchen area.  Any thoughts on that?  (I created a new thread for the flooring discussion.  I don't want to go off topic here in the Mulberry thread.) http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,4068.0.html

Mulberry 2 street names

• Honeyflower
  • Peppermint
  • Thornapple

2qxma7c.jpg

test said:
This Sonoma Plan 1 and Cortona Plan 1 are comparable to Mulberry Plan 1
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/66-Tall-Cedars-92620/home/7203303http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/40-Modena-92618/home/40439233

Sonoma Plan 1:
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bathroom, 2350 Sq. Ft.
Price: $1,250,000

Cortona Plan 1:
3 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom, 2380 Sq. Ft.
Price: $1,225,000

Mulberry Plan 1:
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bathroom, 2199 Sq. Ft.
Price: $894,200

aren't they both 1) 10% larger in sqft and 2) in superior villages?

Quick note for beginners: An easy way to tell which village is "superior" or "inferior" is their placement on the VoI website.

1. Cypress Village
2. Laguna Altura
3. Stonegate
4. Woodbury
5. Portola Springs

Stonegate is newer than Portola... it looks alphabetical to me.

By age:

1. Cypress Village
2. Laguna Altura
3. Stonegate
4. Portola Springs
5. Woodbury

test said:
Quick note for beginners: An easy way to tell which village is "superior" or "inferior" is their placement on the VoI website.

1. Cypress Village
2. Laguna Altura
3. Stonegate
4. Woodbury
5. Portola Springs

Or we could read it another way and say that PS and WB do NOT currently have any offerings from IPac so they get the lowest placement.  Stonegate's IPac offerings are the cheapest stuff they offer at this moment.  Laguna Altura's IPac stuff is more expensive but (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) I thought the two true SFR offerings in LA are either sold out or almost sold out. Cypress Village has the newest and most expensive IPac developments so it is featured.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that Portola Springs is the worst, so it makes sense that it's last.  Cypress Village and Laguna Altura are the best location wise, and the first 3 rules in real estate are location, location, location, so it makes sense they're the top 2.  The question becomes why is Cypress Village above Laguna Altura and why is Stonegate above Woobury. Laguna Altura doesn't have the amenities of Cypress Village and is completely unwalkable as it is trapped behind 2 freeways. Woobury has an inferior design where the apartments and low income housing are dispersed throughout the community. Stonegate has them all on one side. Cypress Village also continues this superior design.

It's interesting to see LA still on there considering their model homes aren't even open to the public on weekends anymore.

What was the name of the Northwood III/Stonegate West area again?

irvinehomeowner said:
It's interesting to see LA still on there considering their model homes aren't even open to the public on weekends anymore.

What was the name of the Northwood III/Stonegate West area again?

Northwood Paseo

Oh my gosh, that was fast!  I'm looking forward to the additional tot lot and basketball & tennis courts.

Back