Mulberry at Cypress Village

IrvineHousewife said:
We haven't accepted or passed yet. Still deciding...

Interesting. Other TIC communities are take it or leave it.  They don't give you time to decide.

furioussugar said:
I would buy the house on Teardrop-  more potential in the future to expand- and in the Uni High school boundry

+1

Agree. That location on Teardrop is nice--7K lot size, adjacent to Quail Hill Open Space preserve (no one can ever build next to you and block your view), extra long driveway, cache of Uni High school zone. Only problem is the price. Your home would be the most expensive in that tract.

IrvineHousewife said:
IP isn't building many plan 1's anymore because they're making much more off the 2's and 3's...go figure.

I checked the master plan and it's apparently so.  Mulberry 1 (area north of Roosevelt) breaks down as follows:

Plan 1 - 28 units
Plan 2 - 27 units
Plan 3 - 29 units

Mulberry 2 (area south of Roosevelt):

Plan 1 - 23 units
Plan 2 - 30 units
Plan 3 - 41 units

Passed on CV...all the environmental issues along with the Great Park development got to me. I really love those houses, I just wish they were in a better location.

Quail Hill is the place for us, for now at least.

@IrvineHousewife:

Just to be devil's advocate, doesn't QH have the same freeway proximity issues as CV?

I know it's not as bad but there is some exposure there.

Disclaimer: Quail Hill is one of my top places to live in Irvine (I don't really mind the freeway as long as I'm not right next to it).

Quail Hill has the elevation premium, but you have to drive through Shady Canyon like a riff raff to get to the middle and high schools.

@irvinehomeowner You're totally right, it is just as close to the 405. There is an breeze that seems to blow over the hills from the coast so most of the time we're hoping the pollution blows out towards the mountains. I'm sure there are times when that is not the case.

As far as CV, what really changed my mind was reading the DRE's public report. The hazard section just terrified me. It said that you can see the landfill from CV, it will be open until 2053 and the trucks travel back and forth Monday through Saturday. The air base toxins and the TCE plume make me nervous because I'm currently watching my mom battle cancer and not willing to chance it with my husband or my kids. (I know it's not supposed to be under CV, but I'm not totally convinced) Then there's the traffic from all the building out there. It says that the main entrance of the GP Neighborhood will be off Trabuco which our lot backed up to. Interestingly they also said the area of CV that borders Sand Canyon will be a retail space and that light and sound will be seen/heard from CV. Again, I could be wrong and none of these issues could cause health problems. The traffic, crowding and light from new retail spaces, neighborhoods etc. are a personal preference and we prefer quiet and open space.

My husband and I are very health conscious. I'm not saying CV is a terrible place to live by any means. There is a lot of doubt as to whether or not some toxins make any difference at all, but we choose to be cautious. CV is beautiful and the floorplans there are 10 x's better than any we've found in QH, but we plan on renovating so hopefully we can change that.

Bottom line, QH is the only part of Irvine that I've found that both my husband and I like and that has the least amount of environmental issues to tangle with. Totally my opinion though, I'm sure some people on here think otherwise and I'm okay with that.

IrvineHousewife said:
Interestingly they also said the area of CV that borders Sand Canyon will be a retail space and that light and sound will be seen/heard from CV.

You're not bothered by the Quail Hill Shopping Center and Orange County Fire Station 47?

IrvineHousewife said:
As far as CV, what really changed my mind was reading the DRE's public report. The hazard section just terrified me.

Could you provide the link for this report?  I tried to google it but had no luck.  Thank you.

ZeroLot said:
IrvineHousewife said:
As far as CV, what really changed my mind was reading the DRE's public report. The hazard section just terrified me.

Could you provide the link for this report?  I tried to google it but had no luck.  Thank you.

I think they only give it out to potential buyers

qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
IrvineHousewife said:
I think they only give it out to potential buyers

By law, the developer/sales agent must provide a copy of the Bureau of Real Estate report to any prospective purchaser before any earnest money deposit is received or a contract is signed. That this step was taken by the developer must be documented with a receipt. Also, anyone requesting it is entitled to the report.
http://www.dre.ca.gov/Developers/PublicReports.html

F. Posting the Public Report
A copy of the public report must be posted prominently in any office where sales or leases are regularly made.
Section 11018.1 of the Business and Professions Code provides:
(a) A copy of the public report of the commissioner, when issued, shall be given to the prospective purchaser
by the owner, subdivider, or agent prior to the execution of a binding contract or agreement for the sale or
lease of any lot or parcel in a subdivision. The requirement of this section extends to lots or parcels
offered by the subdivider after repossession. A receipt shall be taken from the prospective purchaser in a
form and manner as set forth in Regulations of the Real Estate Commissioner.
(b) A copy of the public report shall be given by the owner, subdivider, or agent at any time, upon oral or
written request, to any member of the public. A copy of the public report and a statement advising that a
copy of the public report may be obtained from the owner, subdivider, or agent at any time, upon oral or
written request, shall be posted in a conspicuous place at any office where sales or leases or offers to sell
or lease lots within the subdivision are regularly made.

Since these reports are filed with the BRE before beginning any sales efforts, there's no reason why the BRE can't make them available online. Well, I suppose it could be a lack of funding for such a database, but if other government agencies can do it with their public records, there's no excuse.

In any case, I suppose I need to request it at the sales office. Interestingly, I don't think i've ever seen the "conspicuous" posting that the public report may be obtained at any of the sales offices I've been to. Although I have no reason to believe my request will be denied, it looks like I can file a complaint if a developer is in violation of any real estate law. They apparently have the power to revoke licenses and halt further sales, so they do carry a big stick. I have no idea whatsoever what the customary practice is, however, so I don't know to what extent that stick is actually wielded.

Back