Midterm Elections

You should be happy eyephone,  Trump is effectively killing the beast Reagan built when he big tented the Religious Right.

What's left is fiscally conservative social liberal republicans (essentially blue dog democrats which is where they are voting), thumpers and Trumpers.

Like Cali the races are going to become one party fights between far left groups and moderate groups.

So far, the far lefters are winning in the party.

Mississippi governor already nominated a more moderate replacement for Senator Cochran. The seat will be filled until an election will be held in November.

Thing is, that no one will care about the Stormy thing longer term.  You can thank Clinton for that.  Fact is there is no criminality to that scandal.  Sure you can question Trumps fidelity and call him a scumbag (people already think that) But in the end any relationships were totally consensual.  No coercion or rape.  Hell one of them was very public about being in love with him.  Additionally, this all happened years before he even ran and not in the Whitehouse.  I even suspect there are a few guys fist bumping each other that at least Trump was hitting some pretty hot chicks, LOL. All in all this storm will blow past, gobbled up by the next shiny object.

eyephone said:
Kings said:
morekaos said:
Sooooo, wether you love him or hate him, who do you think will get the credit?

China says Kim Jong Un has agreed to denuclearize Korean Peninsula

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/27/north-koreas-kim-jong-un-visits-china-according-to-state-media.html

Obama

Maybe you should just worry about Stormy and others.

When the face of the democratic party is Hillary, some high school students, and Stormy Daniels, I don't think we have much to worry about.

I didn?t run a campaign calling people liars and attacking Bill Clinton.

Your analogy is funny. If something is wrong, attack Hillary.
Who cares about Hilary.

Another GOP congressman backing out. This says it all:

?In an interview on Sunday with the Daily Local News of West Chester (Pa.), Costello blamed the "political environment" for abandoning his reelection bid, including the conduct of President Donald Trump.

Republican Rep. Ryan Costello won't seek reelection this fall, a blow to Republicans seeking to hold his redrawn, suburban Philadelphia district.

In an interview on Sunday with the Daily Local News of West Chester (Pa.), Costello blamed the "political environment" for abandoning his reelection bid, including the conduct of President Donald Trump.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...llo-republican-reelection-pennsylvania-444910

eyephone said:
I didn?t run a campaign calling people liars and attacking Bill Clinton.

Your analogy is funny. If something is wrong, attack Hillary.
Who cares about Hilary.

This is why I have been saying (and yet again adding to the post count of this thread) , that this discussion maybe going nowhere until we actually get the results of the midterm to burst the bubble trumpeters find themselves in right now . Just like majority of the Fox News watchers , they live in an alternate  reality .

You just won't see it coming...again.  Just as an analogy, you would think NRA membership would be crumbling right now (as a Cali resident)  but alas...not so much. I actually know of at least 3 non-gun owners in Cali who joined in the last 2 weeks.  Alternate reality indeed.

Membership in Gun Groups Is Spiking After the Florida Shooting

The National Rifle Association and its allies have found their political influence under fresh scrutiny as gun control advocates push for new restrictions and corporations sever their ties in the wake of the deadly high school shooting last month in Parkland, Florida. But outside the gun control debate in Washington, membership in the NRA and gun rights groups across the country, which includes more than five million Americans, is spiking, according to people familiar with the numbers.

http://time.com/5176471/national-rifle-association-membership-florida-shooting/

You brought up the NRA not me.

The NRA Admits It Receives Foreign Funds (But Not From Russia), And Denies Using It In U.S. Elections
https://www.google.com/amp/s/uproxx...s-foreign-funds-russia-election-meddling/amp/

morekaos said:
You just won't see it coming...again.  Just as an analogy, you would think NRA membership would be crumbling right now (as a Cali resident)  but alas...not so much. I actually know of at least 3 non-gun owners in Cali who joined in the last 2 weeks.  Alternate reality indeed.

Membership in Gun Groups Is Spiking After the Florida Shooting

The National Rifle Association and its allies have found their political influence under fresh scrutiny as gun control advocates push for new restrictions and corporations sever their ties in the wake of the deadly high school shooting last month in Parkland, Florida. But outside the gun control debate in Washington, membership in the NRA and gun rights groups across the country, which includes more than five million Americans, is spiking, according to people familiar with the numbers.

http://time.com/5176471/national-rifle-association-membership-florida-shooting/

morekaos said:

?Report: The FBI Is Investigating Whether Russia ?Illegally Funneled? Money Through The NRA To Help Trump

On Wednesday, the ever-expanding investigation into the Trump campaign?s possible collusion with Russia grew a bit when BuzzFeed reported that investigators were digging into possible election payments by the latter. Today, the investigation expanded even further with an additional report that claims the FBI is probing whether Russia ?illegally funneled? money through the National Rifle Association and into the Trump campaign. Throughout the 2016 election, the NRA spent a whopping $30 million to support Trump?s presidential ambitions.?

Source:https://uproxx.com/news/russia-money-nra-trump/

My comment: I don?t know if it?s true or not. It?s an article I came across responding why it matters.

Even if true, what your saying is the NRA spent money telling it's members to vote for Trump and not Hillary? Don't think that was money well spent. Or did they spend the money influencing Hillary voters to vote for Trump? thus throwing the election by duping more hayseed liberals?  Or do you think the money spent was eclipsed by the $2billion Hillary got from public union supporters to trick Trump people.  Either way the money argument is specious.  If money really bought elections then Meg Whitman would be our governor right now.

If anyone can find someone willing to admit I saw a link on FB/Twitter saying "I was going to vote for candidate X but I couldn't believe these jaw dropping 39 reasons why this one weird trick will backfire if I don't vote for candidate Y" and their vote was changed, they are a world class rube. Their voting rights need to be revoked before they do any more harm to the political landscape. My guess is that the number is in the low 100's.

To be transparent as possible with my argument, the person who cleans our home husband was from Russia. His family lived 3 blocks away from Putin when he was growing up. Therefore, RUSSIA MEDDLED WITH MY VOTE, ipso facto Hillary is automatically President and Gorsuch is on the Supreme Court. That connection to collusion and meddling has a greater basis in the truth than anything going so far. Yes, the Dems will retake the House because the RINO's felt it better to go along and get along rather than listening to the voters. It's no ones fault but their own. Methinks most on the Right are tired of holding their nose just to accept a mediocre candidate, and not because those on the left hold the better side of the debate.

My .02 kopeks

fortune11 said:
This is why I have been saying (and yet again adding to the post count of this thread) , that this discussion maybe going nowhere until we actually get the results of the midterm to burst the bubble trumpeters find themselves in right now . Just like majority of the Fox News watchers , they live in an alternate  reality .

Roseanne Barr just scored the highest rated sitcom in 4 years by creating the first pro-Trump character on network television.

Can you imagine how many more shows/movies just got greenlit to target the pro-Trump audience?  Pretty soon it will be everywhere.

Back