Lexington's Grand Opening 4/22/2017 - All By Toll Brothers

Soylent Green Is People said:
Anyone know if there are any Mello Roos fees?

Hi Soylent, I think I read on one of his first posts there is no MR, the hoa is around $200 or so I think which is a bit higher than other SFR

No Mello Roos, ZERO.  base tax is 1.06%.

HOA is around 211 - its gated, private and you don't have to share the swimming center and club house with 500 other residents,  only 190 homes in the community. so the swimming pool ratio is 1:190 well below the ratio of other places, 1: 400, 1:800.

Plus an additional 96 dollars for planting your front yard and maintaining it on monthly basis.

So $96 is mandatory or optional?  If mandatory it should be an HOA as well, even if it's only used for landscaping purposes.

Mike-Parkside_Lexington said:

HOA is around 211 - its gated, private and you don't have to share the swimming center and club house with 500 other residents,  only 190 homes in the community. so the swimming pool ratio is 1:190 well below the ratio of other places, 1: 400, 1:800.

Plus an additional 96 dollars for planting your front yard and maintaining it on monthly basis.

211 is for the gate, the swimming center, club house and all the community landscaping.

96 is for planting your own front yard and maintaining it.

akkord said:
So $96 is mandatory or optional?  If mandatory it should be an HOA as well, even if it's only used for landscaping purposes.

So to correctly address Akkord's original question, there's no MR but there is $307 of total HOA dues every month on these SFR's.  Just my two cents, but that's a steep HOA burden for a non-attached property.

211 is for the gate, the swimming center, club house and all the community landscaping.

akkord said:

I understand your concern,  look at it this way.  First of all, it's a gated community, any gated community will have a higher HOA.

When you buy a new home, you have to spend at least 10,000 dollars to plant your front yard, and spend 150 dollars to maintain it.  Well in Lexington, you don't have to do that, HOA will do that for you.
My friend lives in a community where HOA is 200, but he has to spend extra 130 on landscaping by himself every month, so his monthly bill is 330 (not counting planting his own plant yard in the beginning). Beware of unadvertised cost of other community.

upon9k said:
So to correctly address Akkord's original question, there's no MR but there is $307 of total HOA dues every month on these SFR's.  Just my two cents, but that's a steep HOA burden for a non-attached property.

akkord said:

Hold up..!
I didn't spend 10k to plant my yard. (My plants are thriving. It's all about selection of plants.) Also, I do my own gardening so I don't spend on landscaping. (I find it helps relieves stress.)

Nice story about your friend. But your friend has an option to not spend on landscaping if he chooses not to.

I understand your concern,  look at it this way.  First of all, it's a gated community, any gated community will have a higher HOA.

When you buy a new home, you have to spend at least 10,000 dollars to plant your front yard, and spend 150 dollars to maintain it.  Well in Lexington, you don't have to do that, HOA will do that for you.
My friend lives in a community where HOA is 200, but he has to spend extra 130 on landscaping by himself every month, so his monthly bill is 330 (not counting planting his own plant yard in the beginning). Beware of unadvertised cost of other community.

upon9k said:

akkord said:

eyephone said:
Hold up..!
I didn't spend 10k to plant my yard. (My plants are thriving. It's all about selection of plants.) Also, I do my own gardening so I don't spend on landscaping. (I find it helps relieves stress.)

Nice story about your friend. But your friend has an option to not spend on landscaping if he chooses not to.

upon9k said:

akkord said:

Maybe he included hardscape and driveway removal and reinstallation with pavers or something else.

Still $10K for the front yard? Someone got ripped off BIG time even for a large yard.

Gated communities have higher HOAs because they have private streets and the HOA maintains them (pays for slurrying etc) and gate maintenance.

I think Strada has HOA maintained front yards, and their HOA fees are,what, $200 / mo?  Only thing this community has that Strada doesn't is a gate.  Now, if this was a guard gated community I think $300 / mo total is justified.  A non manned gate doesn't do much good for keeping out the baddies.  Anyone can wait 3-4 minutes and tailgate themselves right in.  Plus, what are the maintenance costs to the community for one gate?  Can't be more than $2k / mo?  That's the extra $100 / mo for 20 homeowners, out of how many, 100? 

Anyhow, we should ease up on Mike a bit, we keep prodding him and he's been a pretty good sport about it.

In Strada,  you share your swimming center and club house with  1000 households in the community, at Parkside, the ratio is 1:190, it won't be crowded, plus it's walking distance.

Mello Roos  does expire... but after 30-40 years, are you going to live in same house for that long.  Beacon Park is extending the mello roos tax beyond 2049, plus most of the facilities are open to outsiders.

When HOa plants your own front yard and maintains it for you, it can actually protect your home value and prevents you from having a neighbor doesn't do his landscaping (affects your home value)

Most of my friends pay about 200-200 on HOA and they have to spend about 150 per month to maintain their front yard by themselves. So it's about 350 per month.

aquabliss said:
I think Strada has HOA maintained front yards, and their HOA fees are,what, $200 / mo?  Only thing this community has that Strada doesn't is a gate.  Now, if this was a guard gated community I think $300 / mo total is justified.  A non manned gate doesn't do much good for keeping out the baddies.  Anyone can wait 3-4 minutes and tailgate themselves right in.  Plus, what are the maintenance costs to the community for one gate?  Can't be more than $2k / mo?  That's the extra $100 / mo for 20 homeowners, out of how many, 100? 

Anyhow, we should ease up on Mike a bit, we keep prodding him and he's been a pretty good sport about it.

No one likes Mello Roos which is a great plus to Parkside. Unfortunately, the trade off is no local schools and parents will be driving their kids all over the city. The closest schools are not zoned to these residences.

aquabliss said:

Come on TI I know we can do it!
RzRIsEi.gif

Introducing Teton floor plan.  approx. 2,800 sq ft. 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 1 loft and an outdoor California Room.  20 foot foyer Ceiling, open concept floor plan, grand kitchen island.

HOA will plant your front yard with beautiful trees and shrubs and will maintain it for you on monthly basis.

Price for Teton starts at approx. $930,000.  It's the best value for a new home in O.C.

ALL new gated community by Toll Brothers... pre-selling!!!!!

Wechat: pandafamily99

Office Telephone: 949-916-7712

Attachments

• Teton _Italianate.jpg
    Teton _Italianate.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Teton_Tuscan.jpg
    Teton_Tuscan.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Teton_1st_Floor.png
    Teton_1st_Floor.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 281