iPhone 5

Apple announced they sold 4 million iPhone 4S(es) this weekend... double the number of iPhone 4(s) sold in the 1st 3 days of availability last year.

AAPL is over $420... should have jumped on some shares after the 4S announcement when it dropped to a "low" $360 two weeks ago.

This is ridiculous. They sell that many phones on a spec "bump"... just think how many they'll sell next year with a redesign.

Starlight East said:
iPhone 5 coming next summer!

"According to report from 9to5 Mac, Apple is on schedule to ship the iPhone 5 in the summer of 2012. Why didn?t Apple release it earlier, as rumored? CNET said in a recent story that Steve Jobs was heading up the iPhone 5 project, which was met with delays in February, while the iPhone 4S was developed by another team. The iPhone 5 production delays would have made a holiday deadline impossible. As such, Apple was forced to make the final decision to hold the iPhone 5 until kinks in the production line were ironed out. The iPhone 4S team moved forward and released the phone on schedule and in time for the holidays. Rumors still suggest the iPhone 5 will be thinner, lighter and will have a teardrop form factor."
http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/18/iphone-5-on-schedule-for-summer-launch/

Oh boy--here we go again  :D
This thread will never die--at least for one more year.

FYI:

Macworld contributor Scott McNulty observed on Twitter that Siri lets you send texts and emails while the iPhone 4S is locked. So, of course, we tried it ourselves, and yes, it's true. While your iPhone 4S is locked?even with a passcode?you can hold down the Home button to activate Siri, compose an email or text, and send it.

What can you do to prevent Siri access on a locked iPhone? As pointed out to Macworld by Chris Nuccitelli via Twitter, you need to use a passcode lock. Then, once you set a passcode lock, you can then turn off Siri access in the passcode lock settings (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock).
http://www.macworld.com/article/163...ri_access_while_your_iphone_4s_is_locked.html

for those who upgraded to iOS 5, make sure you turn off Contacts in iCloud if you only have one iTunes account...  my wife's contacts merged with mine... what a mess..

Also... I wouldn't back-up to the iCloud either... it takes up way too much space. Ours was full after just one back up from the iPad.

That's how Apple is going to get more money from you, 5GB is not very much.

If you do need more cloud storage for iOS, you might consider Box (box.net), they are offering 50GB for life free personal accounts but the offer is limited:
http://blog.box.net/2011/10/12/were-giving-ios-users-insane-amounts-of-free-storage-box50gb/

It's similar to DropBox and 50GB extra costs $100 from Apple.

These services are similar but not exactly the same as iCloud. They are more like file management storage whereas iCloud is more invisible... but if you need some space to offload pictures and videos (esp those large 1080p ones)... you may want to consider Box.

Will Siri cause more unemployment?

145777.strip.gif

For any of you ex-convicts... you can untethered jailbreak the iOS 5.0.1 as long as it's not a 4S or iPad 2 (no jb yet for A5 chip).

So is this what it's supposed to look like?
http://www.bgr.com/2012/07/29/iphone-5-photos-parts-release-fall/

iPhone-5-Photos-1.jpg

While everyone is complaining about it looking just like the iPhone 4/4S... I'm okay with it. I like the 4/4S design and the fact that it's not a humongous 4.8" screen like all the new Android phones. Not too sure about the headphone jack being on the bottom... and if they are changing the 30-pin connector to a different one (MagSafe would make the most sense) that's going to be bad for all the docks/chargers we have.

Mark my words... even if it looks exactly like this and isn't much of a design update... it will probably sell more than previous models as long as it has LTE.

The rumors are saying it will be.

It's reason both AT&T and Sprint are trying to get their LTE network expanded and why T-Mobile will still be the carrier without an iPhone (no LTE network).

Only 2 more days! So who is going to get one?

I am looking forward to a bigger screen, LTE, and an updated iOS. Hopefully they have some other surprises as well.

Where is the best website to sell your old phone?

iacrenter said:
Only 2 more days! So who is going to get one?
We might get two.
Where is the best website to sell your old phone?
It depends... you may just want to sell it via Craigslist or Ebay to get the most money. Target, Amazon and even Gamestop will buy your old iProduct but you won't get as much as selling yourself.

Today is iPhone 5 day... and that is purported to be the name Apple will be using (not the "next iPhone").

Which Tech Blog server are you going to crash at 10am? I usually go to Engadget or TheVerge.

Back