iPhone 5

Soylent Green Is People said:
I know my Sammy GIII can become a wi-fi hot spot, but can the iPhone 5? If you've got an unlimited data plan that's a great feature.
It's carrier dependent.

Some charge for that option... for AT&T, you pay a monthly and they also remove you from an unlimited data plan and put you on a limited one. So I pay more and get less data... yeah right... I'll just jailbreak.

irvinehomeowner said:
Me likey.

LTE is fast... too bad Sprint doesn't have LTE in the area officially yet.

Do you use Verizon or AT&T?

I love using my speed test app--best Verizon LTE speed so far 20mb/sec (download)/ 25mb/sec (upload). Best WiFi so far 22/12. But my LTE speed can vary quite a bit--my avg LTE speed was 13/5.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Me likey.

LTE is fast... too bad Sprint doesn't have LTE in the area officially yet.

Do you use Verizon or AT&T?

I love using my speed test app--best Verizon LTE speed so far 20mb/sec (download)/ 25mb/sec (upload). Best WiFi so far 22/12. But my LTE speed can vary quite a bit--my avg LTE speed was 13/5.
At home on my cox cable internet the phone clocks in at 25mb down and 22mb up (compared to my laptop which does 21mb down and 18mb up).  On the LTE AT&T network it tests anywhere from 6mb to 12mb down and 4mb to 8mb up. 

Just got a text to upgrade my iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 for FREE*!  Just have to sign a new 2 year contract with AT&T and pay upgrade fee of $36.. Something new from AT&T and Apple?  Sense some weakness...

ps9 said:
Just got a text to upgrade my iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 for FREE*!  Just have to sign a new 2 year contract with AT&T and pay upgrade fee of $36.. Something new from AT&T and Apple?  Sense some weakness...
Are you off contract? I think they start doing that once you are close so they can retain you.

I'm worried about Apple, if they don't come out with a bigger screened iPhone this year, they are going to fall behind even more.

10/13 is my contract end... wife is already off contract and she's account holder.. she never got a retaining offer.. i still sense weakness

Yes... there is weakness... but probably more on AT&T's end since they are not iExclusive anymore (and have those crappy capped data plans).

I think AT&T has to eat the subsidy... but who knows... maybe there is some Apple participation but that might upset the other carriers.

Back