i HATE my cox bill

Just cut the cord with Cox last week and only kept the internet.  Hate how Cox makes you pay for all the various packages just to get Disney Jr.  We have the preferred internet for 61.99 and with taxes and fees its around $75.  Disney needs to come out with a subscription service for their app.  I like the idea of paying for only the channels you want instead of bundled packages with hundreds of channels I never watch.

Phbr123 said:
Just cut the cord with Cox last week and only kept the internet.  Hate how Cox makes you pay for all the various packages just to get Disney Jr.  We have the preferred internet for 61.99 and with taxes and fees its around $75.  Disney needs to come out with a subscription service for their app.  I like the idea of paying for only the channels you want instead of bundled packages with hundreds of channels I never watch.

TV definitely needs to change. 

Sprout is only on Direct TV's ultimate bundle.. not about to pay a super premium for that.  So lame.

Phbr123 said:

14 sounds high for taxes fees. When I look at my bill the only taxes/fees are related to the phone service.

Phbr123 said:

Welcome to the club. I found cutting the cord was the best thing ever. Do more outdoor activities, excercise, go to the park. (More family time in general)

Took my 19" LED TV to the garage last night along with the small DirecTV wireless box, plugged everything in and 2 min later was up and running with HD on all channels - very easy to do and all you need is power for TV and power for the small box... It's a nice solution to watching TV while working out / working the garage / putting it in the backyard during parties/football, etc.

aquabliss said:
Took my 19" LED TV to the garage last night along with the small DirecTV wireless box, plugged everything in and 2 min later was up and running with HD on all channels - very easy to do and all you need is power for TV and power for the small box... It's a nice solution to watching TV while working out / working the garage / putting it in the backyard during parties/football, etc.

You mean you didn't mount a TV in your CA room?  SPHHHHHH

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

You mean you didn't mount a TV in your CA room?  SPHHHHHH

I don't even *have* a CA room.... PSHHHHHHHHHHH ghetto

just called DTV, i have the premier package for $129, told them i needed to cut costs and if there were any discounts that could be applied to my account then they offered $20 off for 6 months. So now will pay 109 before the hardware fees.

qwerty said:
just called DTV, i have the premier package for $129, told them i needed to cut costs and if there were any discounts that could be applied to my account then they offered $20 off for 6 months. So now will pay 109 before the hardware fees.
And what are the hardware fees?

This is what I mean by satellite not being that much of a savings over Cox TV. If Cox charges $60-65 for 50mb Internet, and I'm paying $170 for TV, Net and Phone, that means that I'm just paying $115 for TV and Phone.

Without the bundle discount, I think I would be paying more for satellite with the same number of boxes, channels and features as Cox.

So you have Internet but no basic cable on the coax (hooked directly to the TV)?

I remember before if you signed up for Internet, they at least included basic cable.

I believe it's 1-97 (but they may have neutered that).

We used to only have 2 boxes (the old ones like you have) but hooked up our TVs directly to the coax to get basic channels.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
And what are the hardware fees?

This is what I mean by satellite not being that much of a savings over Cox TV. If Cox charges $60-65 for 50mb Internet, and I'm paying $170 for TV, Net and Phone, that means that I'm just paying $115 for TV and Phone.

Without the bundle discount, I think I would be paying more for satellite with the same number of boxes, channels and features as Cox.

$25/month for genie DVR, hd DVR, mini genie (wired),
Whole home DVR service.

Back