i HATE my cox bill

WTTCMN said:
So a slightly overweight Derek jeter didn't show up. Instead went to look myself but I couldn't find the filter. Googled and read that I may not have one to remove?
Speaking of Derek Jeter. Are you going to see Jeter play this season? (This is is last season, I think you already know that)

The filter that is blocking the channels on the coax is not to be tampered with.  Actually removing it is theft of cable.  I only steal cable when the technician forgets to put it on.

I don't actually remove it...I guess it's a fine line in morality for me.  If you remove it...I'm not gonna judge u.  Tons of people still download movies using peer to peer.

I wonder if you still have Cox for internet, if the online/mobile sites still let you watch their streaming content even if you don't have a TV package with Cox.

They use your Cox login but I wondered if it's tied to specific TV networks.

For example, we don't have Disney XD (it's a different package), but my kids can watch the Disney XD content (like Kickin' It) on the Disney app using my Cox credentials.

This might be a way to stream ESPN and TNT for sports if you don't have TV with Cox.

Protip: The filter is probably out in the street usually underneath the sidewalk. 

Example:
fo-04.jpg

Sometimes knowing how to do something is its own reward.

zubs said:
Protip: The filter is probably out in the street usually underneath the sidewalk. 

Example:
fo-04.jpg

Sometimes knowing how to do something is its own reward.

Do you recommend any YouTube video online that shows how to "do it" regarding the cable filter?

Just switched from Cox to U-Verse today.  Internet doesn't feel any different, I was on Cox's 25Mbps plan, and Speedtest.net usually comes out to about 30~32Mbps.  I have U-Verse's 18Mbps plan, and Speedtest.net is testing out to 22Mbps.  TV looks better to my untrained eyes, but now I can't get my GoogleTV or Slingbox to control the box, since none of the IR code seems to work with the Motorola box they gave me.  I can't get channel 18.8 through the box any more, so gotta go dig out the shark fin antenna and hook it up to keep the wife happy.  30 days money back guarantee, so I'll keep my Cox equipment for a couple more weeks before returning it and cancel the service.  U450+18Mbps is saving me about 60.00 a month over Cox.  Without my "loyalty" discount from Cox, U-verse would be almost 90.00 cheaper.  The guy at the AT&T store in Woodbury Town Center told me just to come back after the initial 12 month promo is done, and they can sign me up for whatever promo they're running at the time.

I read somewhere on the internet that if your promo is finished, you can just sign up again with a new name.  Perhaps your kids or husband/wife or someone else in the household...or not even in the household.

Just tell them you're moving and this new person is going to take over the bill & do it again every 12 months to keep your promo rate.  I haven't tried, but seemed legit.

zubs said:
I read somewhere on the internet that if your promo is finished, you can just sign up again with a new name.  Perhaps your kids or husband/wife or someone else in the household...or not even in the household.

Just tell them you're moving and this new person is going to take over the bill & do it again every 12 months to keep your promo rate.  I haven't tried, but seemed legit.

I told the AT&T sales guy at the store that that's what I had to do with Cox and he just laughed and said I don't have to do that with U-Verse, just come in to the store when the promo is finished and he'll apply whatever promo is going on at the time.

Got a wireless genie installed this morning. Bought a tv to put in front of the treadmill. Works really well. Install was about 10 minutes. Then had to wait for like 30 minutes for the software to finish downloading. So 40 minutes total.

Back