Huntley at Greenwood

qwerty said:
Bulls back - how were the back yards here?
Yards were small (at least if you aren't backing jamboree) but they were nicely done in the model (Huntley). The Crawford yards were total works in process still..I have not idea how they are going to be done for the grand opening here in a few days (lots of hardscape still to do but I'm sure their crews will be working around the clock). 

They were Ipac small though (most < 4000 sq ft which is pretty darn small for a 3K house..even by IPAC standards). Unless you backed to jamboree where I think the lots were 5500 (and you could get the plan 3 for like 950). That said, I don't think the delta in price was extreme enough for me to pick it over Irvine. I was expecting the jamboree plan 3's to be 900 with the regular plan 3's not on Jamboree closer to 950. 

I still think the location is both good and bad. Bad, cause former base and jammed between some busy streets, which gives it a different feel then most other areas in Irvine / South OC...but good from the perspective that you are centrally located and have easy access to 405 & 5, close to job hubs, etc. 

Note: I am just speaking about the available homesites in first phase release. Not sure what the avg. lot size was but I did really like the Huntley floorplans. Thought it was well done. The bonus room in the plan 2 was fantastic, although IIRC, the secondary bedrooms didn't have their own bath (which to me, you can do on any home that is 2800 sq ft given the use of a great room, etc). Still Brookfield was very efficient with their space...Stan Pac was greedy and building homes like it was the mid 90's early 2000's, imo. 

I had my mind set on Stafford Plan 2 or Crawford Plan 2 going in, but the prices are much higher than I had anticipated. For these numbers, I would rather go with Beacon Park.
With that said, I agree with Bullsback that Huntley models are very well done. I really like the Plan 2 and the balcony at the loft is great! I am considering buying a Huntley but the location of Phase 1 homes (and most other homes) are definitely not ideal. A huge backyard for less $$ backing Jamboree or a small backyard for more $$ backing Park Ave? We?re going in next week to check out the lot/sound/pollution?can?t be too bad right?

Interesting so there is buyer overlap.
Qwerty: BP-1, Greenwood-0  >:D

Btw doesn't surprise me Brookfields homes are favored. They do nice homes. I'm not as familiar with StanPac but their Serra homes in PS gave me a bad impression.

bones said:

Btw doesn't surprise me Brookfields homes are favored. They do nice homes. I'm not as familiar with StanPac but their Serra homes in PS gave me a bad impression.

yeah i actually thought the brookfield homes were the worst values but the feedback so far is pretty favorable, although its pretty limited sample. although all of greenwood will have a limited sample here on TI. ill probably check them out next week after the grand opening. maybe seeing these in person will change my perception of of huntley.

qwerty said:
bones said:

yeah i actually thought the brookfield homes were the worst values but the feedback so far is pretty favorable, although its pretty limited sample. although all of greenwood will have a limited sample here on TI. ill probably check them out next week after the grand opening. maybe seeing these in person will change my perception of of huntley.
Best value is if you did a rental and bought the biggest of the smallest set (5 bedroom) and just rented it out to individual UCI students. You'd get a nice return for a new property (vs. going and buying some properties out of the area). I didn't stop in those to look as my wife and I are looking for a bigger home (~3K sq ft) and really our question was do we buy here or wait a little longer (with key being we want to keep our current residence and turn it into a rental property as it will cash flow quite nicely and I think long-term we will be happy that we held onto that property. 

I find the exterior of Huntley model homes (2 out of 3, 1 was decent) to be unattractive. They are kinda plain and narrow especially since they are located adjacent to Stafford wide and beautiful homes.  My personal opinion of course. 

Disclaimer: I do not work for any builder. 

Harajuku said:
I find the exterior of Huntley model homes (2 out of 3, 1 was decent) to be unattractive. They are kinda plain and narrow especially since they are located adjacent to Stafford wide and beautiful homes.  My personal opinion of course. 

Don't you work for Harajuku homes?

jmoney74 said:
Harajuku said:

Don't you work for Harajuku homes?

Yes.  Wanna buy?  ;)

Huntley - Brooksfield website has the available lots, lot sizes and prices now.http://brookfieldsocal.com/neighborhood/huntley-at-greenwood/

Releasing 7 homes

Lot 12 (on Park Ave) - 3,009 sqft; Plan 3; Lot size 3,833; Price $995,900
Lot 16 (on Park Ave) - 2,839 sqft; Plan 2; Lot size 3,833; Price $959,900
Lot 304 (on Park Ave) - 3,009 sqft; Plan 3; Lot size 3,833; Price $994,900
Lot 209 (Jamboree) - 2,839 sqft; Plan 2; Lot size 5,876; $908,900
Lot 221 (Jamboree) - 3,009 sqft; Plan 3; Lot size 5,710; $958,900
Lot 223 (Jamboree) - 2,597 sqft; Plan 1; Lot size 5,708; $879,900
Lot 225 (Jamboree) - 3,032 sqft; Plan 3; Lot size 5,594; $945,900

They sure love $900 at the end.

I realized this info has been uploaded already.  Don't know how to delete posts=).

Goriot said:

Is this right? $50K cheaper for a 1,700 sqft larger lot?

paperboyNC said:
Goriot said:

Just goes to show how bad that location is. A bigger lot isnt enough, they have to discount the price $50k to try to suck in a buyer.

bones said:
paperboyNC said:
Goriot said:

Just goes to show how bad that location is. A bigger lot isnt enough, they have to discount the price $50k to try to suck in a buyer.

Maybe, the larger lot is sloped so the big chunk is unusuable  space? Well 3 more days to find out.

I went to Tustin Legacy Club House preview today and toured Huntley.  The interior of these houses are nice, good layout.  The great rooms on Plan 2 & 3 are even comparable in size to Stafford. 

I like Plan 2 the most.  If only they have one additional bedroom/office.  They do have the option of converting the bonus room to 1B/1Ba but I'm sure it will close up the 2nd floor.

The swimming pool is small though and I don't know how people can do laps in the V-shaped pool.  Even the park seems smaller than on paper. 

I can hear Jamboree noise from the club house but not from Stafford/Huntley model homes. 

Back