Huntley at Greenwood

kpchoe said:
qwerty said:
Kpchoe - just curious if you ever considered the resale in columbus square just right down the street? this is the best deal of the active listings in the neighborhood.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/15205-York-St-92782/home/12249426

here is the floor plan, just click on gables, plan 2
http://fredandesther.com/template40/nextpage.asp?mnu=102833

Did they reduce to price recently? We did go look at homes in that area. But Kallins went into escrow.
This house does seem like a great deal.
I may have to go check it out.

What is the overall tax rate there?

The latest price drop was 30k. It was listed in April at 1,088,000. The standard tax rate is 1%. The Mello Roos is probably between 6-7k. The overall tax rate is not the best wAy to look at taxes since that will always change based on the price of the home. This place is a much better deal than Huntley.

qwerty said:
kpchoe said:
qwerty said:
Kpchoe - just curious if you ever considered the resale in columbus square just right down the street? this is the best deal of the active listings in the neighborhood.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/15205-York-St-92782/home/12249426

here is the floor plan, just click on gables, plan 2
http://fredandesther.com/template40/nextpage.asp?mnu=102833

Did they reduce to price recently? We did go look at homes in that area. But Kallins went into escrow.
This house does seem like a great deal.
I may have to go check it out.

What is the overall tax rate there?

The latest price drop was 30k. It was listed in April at 1,088,000. The standard tax rate is 1%. The Mello Roos is probably between 6-7k. The overall tax rate is not the best wAy to look at taxes since that will always change based on the price of the home. This place is a much better deal than Huntley.

looks appealing! so at 1% plus $6-7K..... is there an end date to the mello roos? I think Huntley is like 40 yrs or something crazy.
I think someone mentioned having priority to tustin ranch schools. Which schools would that be? do you know?

The Mello Roos in Columbus square are 30 and 40 years, two bonds. I've been the broken record saying Columbus square residents have priority for intradistrict transfers to any TUSD school, not just Tustin ranch. I always reference Tustin ranch schools since that is where the better TUSD schools are at

qwerty said:
The Mello Roos in Columbus square are 30 and 40 years, two bonds. I've been the broken record saying Columbus square residents have priority for intradistrict transfers to any TUSD school, not just Tustin ranch. I always reference Tustin ranch schools since that is where the better TUSD schools are at

I just called TUSD and they did confirm that if the transfer request was done in time then they absolutely have priorty. Good to know!

happytales said:
kpchoe said:
Thinking of pulling out- hubs can't get over
The 1.7% tax rate.
Any words of wisdom?

Have you decided, kpchoe?

Hi kpchoe

For your consideration from a previous post

"Then recently we read advice on TI saying that some other Irvine condo units were horrible; we didn't realize the appeal of these units until too late, when people were scrambling to buy, and I couldn't get the unit we wanted (again, waiting list disaster). Anyway, who knows what will be good resale in the future. The best thing to do is to buy what you really like and will enjoy living in."

happytales said:
kpchoe said:
Thinking of pulling out- hubs can't get over
The 1.7% tax rate.
Any words of wisdom?

Have you decided, kpchoe?

Yes- we cancelled today.  :-[
Not sure if we did the right thing but leaning towards homes that are totally done in same price range 
Columbus Square is a mile away and all settled in.

I noticed today, what appears to be the framing for the second floor of the homes that will back to Jamboree. Anyone else see this? I thought these homes were on big lots, setback a bit from the Great Wall of Greenwood, but they appear to be very close. You typically only see apartments this close to highways, not million dollar homes. Crazy.

Does anyone know if there are any people on the wait list for these properties?
Are they selling?
I was called again today after we cancelled our reservation from the last release.

I think they just didn't update their list from the last phase. 

They also called me today even tho I told them last phase I was no longer interested. hopefully since I didn't respond this time they will take me off their call list.

hehegrl said:

They also called me today even tho I told them last phase I was no longer interested. hopefully since I didn't respond this time they will take me off their call list.

out of curiosity- why are you no longer interested?

kpchoe said:
hehegrl said:

out of curiosity- why are you no longer interested
kpchoe said:
hehegrl said:

out of curiosity- why are you no longer interested?

Went with Stafford instead

thelandofnoland said:
No takers on a Plan 1 backing Jamboree for $914,900? That's a bit steep when a few phases earlier, larger lots were going for only around $870,000...

That's more than steep.  Earlier phases included upgrades (countertops, bath, alarm systems, etc.) but the new one doesn't.

Back