Huntley at Greenwood

qwerty said:
kpchoe said:
@qwerty: what street do you live on? the house i am interested is on Kallins and it is like a street away from the tracks.
Does anyone know which plan the 1409 Kallins is?

if i told you the street i lived on id have to kill you :)

I guess the nice guy walking the dogs stereotype is now out the window.

;)

@kpchoe:

I would be careful of homes near the tracks.

qwercalves may not feel the train, but I could hear/feel it when we lived in Westpark II, more than a few streets south of Irvine Center Drive.

Hello friends- went to go see the house in kallin. Really liked it. Not 100% about the railroad tracks. Seems awefully close.
Anyone that actually lives in the neighborhood- knows the location of kallin st,  have experience with how loud the train is?
Also, there is an extra transfer fee? Anyone know what that is about?

kpchoe said:
Hello friends- went to go see the house in kallin. Really liked it. Not 100% about the railroad tracks. Seems awefully close.
Anyone that actually lives in the neighborhood- knows the location of kallin st,  have experience with how loud the train is?
Also, there is an extra transfer fee? Anyone know what that is about?

I lived in Columbus Square for nearly seven years, and honestly only noticed the train track associated noise every once in awhile in the late evening when a freight train passed and all of our windows were wide open. The planes flying overhead will be much more noticeable (because Tustin/Irvine is very near a commercial airport).

If the train noise concerns you, you should be absolutely frightened by the Jamboree noise in a Huntley backyard!

kpchoe said:
@perspective- How many streets up would you say you are?

When we lived in Columbus Square, we lived in a townhouse on Mayfield Way - so, a bit further from Edinger and the train track than Kallins St.

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
kpchoe said:
@perspective- How many streets up would you say you are?

When we lived in Columbus Square, we lived in a townhouse on Mayfield Way - so, a bit further from Edinger and the train track than Kallins St.

Why did you move?

We bought a three-level townhouse in Columbus Square in 2007 before we had children. We watched its value plummet 30%+, but rode the downturn and upturn to 2013 when its value returned to near the purchase price. Three levels with a bedroom on each level isn't ideal with a two year old and newborn (in 2013). So we sold and have rented an Irvine house since, shopping for a house to buy for the last year.

Does anyone know if the builders provide appliances? If so, are they any good?
I found this on Huntley's site, but not sure if it means these are included in the purchase or I have the OPTION to purchase?

KitchenAid? stainless steel appliances include:
36?? 5-burner cooktop with 400 CFM hood
30? built-in single oven with 36? convertible under cabinet hood
Multi-cycle dishwasher
Built-in microwave with 9 quick-touch cycles and 3 sensor cycles

Also, the houses come with white thermafoil cabinets. We're planning to go with white cabinets but have no idea if those thermafoil cabinets are good or if we should look to upgrade? Thanks!

happytales said:
I found this on Huntley's site, but not sure if it means these are included in the purchase or I have the OPTION to purchase?

Multi-cycle dishwasher

Also, the houses come with white thermafoil cabinets. We're planning to go with white cabinets but have no idea if those thermafoil cabinets are good or if we should look to upgrade? Thanks!

those appliances are all included and they will offer you an upgrade package to upgrade the appliances to higher end models. the only appliance you wont get is a refrigerator but you can generally buy that from them as well. Some times you can buy your washer and dryer from them also which makes it convenient. Just depends on what kind of premium you are willing to pay through the builder. Although a lot of folks here have mentioned that the builders price on appliances are generally pretty competitive. What you dont want to do through the builder is flooring and window treatments to name a few.

happytales said:

Multi-cycle dishwasher

Have you considered asking the builder? They are the ones most likely to have an accurate answer.

Swordfish said:
happytales said:

Multi-cycle dishwasher

Have you considered asking the builder? They are the ones most likely to have an accurate answer.

I have and will ask them more questions. Just thought it'd be easier to ask TI for some advice/opinion.

@happytales, did you go into contract at huntley? We just reserved today.

I was surprised front yard wasn't included. Is that typical?

kpchoe said:
@happytales, did you go into contract at huntley? We just reserved today.

I was surprised front yard wasn't included. Is that typical?

Front yards are typically not included in true SFRs. 

Back