Huntley at Greenwood

http://brookfieldsocal.com/shared/2015/02/Huntley-at-greenwood-new-homes-in-tustin.pdf
I prefer plan 3, high ceiling entrance and the secondary bedrooms have their own bathrooms unlike plans 1 and 2.  Plan 1 looks weird on paper, especially 1st floor, gonna feel like a condo with the "abrupt 1 step from entrance and into Great Room feel"  Phase 8 will be the ones to get, interior location and looks like decent lots with some room for backyard pools.  The exterior lots along Jamboree.. what would you do for noise?  Waterfall?

I quite like the plan 3...not as big of a fan of the location.  Are these motorcourt or regular driveway and streets.

Agree that the plan 3 is the winner here. The loft in the plan 2 is better but I rank an extra bathroom as a higher need than a bigger loft. Wish the plan 3 wasn't the "typical garage is half the house with the 4th bedroom jutting out" look. 

ps9 said:
I'll stop by after my Costco run on Saturday

@qwerty

You got the red carpet ready? :)

I'll be at the main entrance wearing a TI tshirt flipping a "now open" sign. And I'll be available for street cred pics as well :)

qwerty said:
ps9 said:

@qwerty

I'll be at the main entrance wearing a TI tshirt flipping a "now open" sign. And I'll be available for street cred pics as well :)

I'll stop by after my whole foods run and bring you organic gluten-free cookies and an overpriced green juice to wash it all down with.

Bullsback said:
I quite like the plan 3...not as big of a fan of the location.  Are these motorcourt or regular driveway and streets.

Regular street with driveway. The good lots back up to moffett. The models have tiny irvine like backyards.

bones said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:

@qwerty

I'll stop by after my whole foods run and bring you organic gluten-free cookies and an overpriced green juice to wash it all down with.
My dogs probably wouldn't even eat that :)

qwerty said:
Bullsback said:

Regular street with driveway. The good lots back up to moffett. The models have tiny irvine like backyards.

Tiny yards > having the models along jamboree and highlighting the worst negative. So there's a dozen or so good lots here. Of those a handful of plan 3s. It'll be interesting to see the sales pace here.

How does the fake front door in Plan 1 work?  If someone rings the door then you have no choice but to step out of the house to check.  By then it's too late to pretend that you are not home. 

yeah that is true. I think these are going to be the worst sellers. Sheldon will sell well because they start under 700K. 5 bedrooms for 750Kish is a good deal. Crawford and Sheldon will sell well since they are large value priced homes with better floor plans. All Crawford homes come with 3 car garages. Two of the three staffords come with 2 car garages with the storage area.

We are moving from Irvine to Tustin and buying in Stafford neighborhood. I am looking for opinions on Stafford plan 2 vs. 3.

Plan 2 has a larger bonus room and balcony is in common area vs. plan 3 that has a smaller bonus room and balcony is inside MBR.

Plan 3 has a dedicated office vs. plan 2 has an extra bedroom on first floor that can be used as an office (my coworkers suggest that it is better to have an extra bedroom than an office). Don't like that 5th extra bathroom in plan 2 though.

We are okay with smaller kitchen in plan 2.

We are leaning towards Plan 2, but wanted to find out from the forum to see if we are missing something during comparison.

Thanks in advance.

I would go with the plan 2. Having that loft with the balcony makes that feel very open and a great entertaining space. I would go with a second bedroom downstairs vs the office. Even if you get the office through you still get the full bath in there. The only difference is that instead of a walk in closet you have a beverage center which could easily be converted back to a closet. So you can't really go wrong. 

My favorite plans are the stafford plan 2 and Crawford with the casita. Every day I contemplate buying one of those two plans. I probably won't pull the trigger. But that could change after we walk through the models.

Confuzed - would you mind sharing why you are buying here so you can enlighten the non-believers?

Interesting. The plan 2 close to jamboree gets you 2000 sq ft more for your lot and costs 50k less. I'm guessing that will make some people think about getting the bigger lot.

These were by far my favorite of the homes at the Greenwood release. I'm not buying, but if I were, from a practical perspective the plan 3 was really nice as was the plan 2.  My opinions on the Standard Pac homes with the back garage entrance were that they were some of the worse homes for that size that I have ever seen. Just awful flow , secondary bedrooms with no bath. Really horrifically done in my opinion.

I should point out I am all about practical use of space and I realize the bigger the house, the tougher that gets, but I felt like those Brookfield homes at 3K square feet were bigger then the 4K square feet stan pac homes (some of them had really small family / great rooms, etc). 

First 2 pics (the green ones) are plan 2 backyard and 3rd one is for plan 3.

Attachments

• plan2_1.jpg
    plan2_1.jpg
    949.5 KB · Views: 175
  • plan2_2.jpg
    plan2_2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 155
So there was a preview before next weekend's opening?

Not that I would buy but I always like walking through model homes and I might get a glimpse of qwercalves.

Back