Great Park: Shea Homes - Sagewood

6 units sold after 14 names called.  Pricing went up about $30k.  Surprised that the 8100sf lot only had a $25k premium on it...granted it's not an optimal location but it's larger than the other lots by 3000sf.  Price sheet attached...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 533
irvinehome0wner said:
Lot size doesn't tell the whole story. The real # is pad size. Lots could have big slopes in the back and side yards. Not sure about this particular lot but that could explain the pricing.

Agreed.  That lot does not have any slopes, but most of the sq footage is in the front driveway.  The rear yard is larger than the rest, and the side yard is a bit larger and triangular in shape, but most of it is for the driveway.

irvinehomeowner said:
Enough for full court basketball? :)

1/2 court at best. :)

That lot is begging for an addition to the home on the great room side...but considering it'll probably cost 50-100k just to landscape the damn thing...never mind.

Sagewood phase 9B will be released Sat 6/28.  Looks like Lot 12 is still on the market (the 8100sf corner lot, at the edge of PP), and included in 9B.  I'm expecting prices to go up another $10K from 9A and milk it (why else would they split up the phase?).  Prices went up $25-30K between phase 8 and 9A.

Fun.

Prices went up again by $10-15K.  5 new lots, one carry-over from phase 9A (the 8100sf corner lot that nobody wants).  All 5 new lots sold after 8 names called.  12 total names in attendance.  The 8100sf lot is still unsold.  Seems like it's slowed down considerably, but way too late to affect the pricing inertia IMO.  Phase 10 in ~4 weeks.  Dreading another $25K increase.

The flier with the general pricing I picked up at the visitor terrace today said that Sagewood started at the low 900s. A couple next to me believed it and when we both went to Sagewood, they freaked out when they saw the real price. The man said, "Why no low 900s anymore?" When the saleslady said that the pricing at the visitor terrace was a mistake, the man said that they provided faulty information and should not trouble visitors with their problems. (cough, cough).

Looks like there's a Sagewood already listed on the MLS...146 Yellow Daisy (Lot #38). Wonder who decided not to keep their new Sagewood? But it looks like the schools it's assigned to are Saddleback school district!??! What the what? I thought these homes were all Irvine school district?

ilovecheese said:
Looks like there's a Sagewood already listed on the MLS...146 Yellow Daisy (Lot #38). Wonder who decided not to keep their new Sagewood? But it looks like the schools it's assigned to are Saddleback school district!??! What the what? I thought these homes were all Irvine school district?

Every home in PP is in IUSD except that address.

Sagewood releasing Phase 10 in one week.  Did anyone look at the new home sites?  It also says it's under earth fill area

OCKOOLGUY said:
Sagewood releasing Phase 10 in one week.  Did anyone look at the new home sites?  It also says it's under earth fill area

Aug 9 is a phase 10A release...so only about half of the original phase.  There are 2 units along Allium, the rest are along Midori.

Sagewood still has 2 units available from phase 9.  Less people have been showing up to the phase releases, so I'm hoping someone at Shea HQ takes notice (yeah, right...).  I'm expecting pricing to go up by 15K or so.

OCKOOLGUY said:
How big are their lot sizes for phase 10 ? Looks smaller from their initial phases.

The lots along Allium are about 5700sf (61x93).  The ones along Midori have a much smaller setback, and are about 4800sf (60x80).  These are noticeably smaller than the earlier phases.  Visually, it appears that the space between units (alley) are narrower as well, but I don't have any specs to confirm.

The LOT 12 is still in the Market. This was the larger corner lot ( AT Denim Street) from Phase 9 i suppose. Do you know why buyers are not interested in this particular LOT.

It's a very strange lot.  It's adjacent to the property line, and you're basically rubbing elbows with the 4 story condos/apartments being built on TIC land just over the metal fence.  It's also adjacent to the walking path, and the property wall does not extend the full property line.  Basically, you're at an angle facing AWAY from the rest of PP, and it seems a bit awkward.  The land areas are nice though, you get an extended side yard, a nice setback in the rear yard, and a very long driveway.  The elevation is a "craftsman", which makes it look like a mountain cabin.

Not sure which of these aspects are turning off potential buyers, but every time I've driven past the lot (which has been more than a few times), I never got a really good feeling from it.  I'm sure there are some serious feng shui violations going on in that lot...  ;D

Did anyone go to the 10A release this past weekend?  Can you share the pricing that was released?  Thanks!

Back