Great Park: Shea Homes - Sagewood

lovingit said:
What, they purchased for under $1.1m a year ago and sold it for a few hundred more?

We won't know the actual sell price until escrow closes.  But yes, early phase Sagewood buyers have scored big time.

lovingit said:
bones said:
Speaking of Sagewood, this resale just went pending.  Ask was $1,460,000.  Would still need to do landscaping unless you can live with crappy/boring front and backyard sod/plants.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/145-Cardinal-Irvine-CA-92618/119681575_zpid/

What, they purchased for under $1.1m a year ago and sold it for a few hundred more?

This is not uncommon.  I closed escrow in PP same month as that buyer (April 2014).  I think my house is up about $200k since then based on $ / sq ft. pricing of the final PP homes selling now.

aquabliss said:
This is not uncommon.  I closed escrow in PP same month as that buyer (April 2014).  I think my house is up about $200k since then based on $ / sq ft. pricing of the final PP homes selling now.

I hate you. :)

If an all cash transaction taken place. How do you find out the purchase price? Some of the homes that I know FCB purchase with this method and there is no trace using googlefu. Unless much later maybe a year or so... am I correct?

aquabliss said:
lovingit said:
bones said:
Speaking of Sagewood, this resale just went pending.  Ask was $1,460,000.  Would still need to do landscaping unless you can live with crappy/boring front and backyard sod/plants.

how do you find out the $/sq ft?  and what makes you think your house value went up 200K?

gasman said:
lovingit said:

We won't know the actual sell price until escrow closes.  But yes, early phase Sagewood buyers have scored big time.

Bought for $1,093,000.  Lot price from Shea was $1,021,900 so 71k in upgrades.  Prob $15k more for yard/windows/etc.  $87k for RE fee if they're paying full 6%

So $260k profit in one year.  Not bad.  This is an FCB buyer.  All cash.  Apparently he changed his mind after buying and is flipping.

yaliu07 said:
aquabliss said:
lovingit said:
bones said:

how do you find out the $/sq ft?  and what makes you think your house value went up 200K?

Well not sure if you're being sarcastic, but just divide the price paid for recent closings by the number of sq ft of that home.

Then multiply the answer by the number of square ft in my home and voila. 

Of course this is not the only factor that goes into the listing price, and I didn't do an extensive study.  Every home is only worth it's selling price but this was just a quick and dirty analysis.

aquabliss said:
yaliu07 said:

Well not sure if you're being sarcastic, but just divide the price paid for recent closings by the number of sq ft of that home.

Of course this is not the only factor that goes into the listing price, and I didn't do an extensive study.  Every home is only worth it's selling price but this was just a quick and dirty analysis.

Don't worry, he's just hatin' the playa...

gasman said:
aquabliss said:
yaliu07 said:

Don't worry, he's just hatin' the ectpplasma...
Fixed.

Compressed-Village said:
Does anyone know the actual sold price of the model that was released today?

I think these are the prices.  Plan 1 Model = $1,333,900.  Plan 3 Model = $1,532,900.  The Plan 2 model sold - don't know price.

bones said:
I think these are the prices.  Plan 1 Model = $1,333,900.  Plan 3 Model = $1,532,900.  The Plan 2 model sold - don't know price.

Confirmed on both the pricing as well as Plan 2 being sold.  They had minimal turnout for the release on the 14th, and few of the "highly interested" parties actually showed.  Those 6500-6700 square foot lots are a huge win...

No, I didn't buy the plan 2. :)

Definitely a resale.  Those units closed escrow a while back.

On a separate note...looks like all the models are sold out.

Just got this email... assuming this house fell out of escrow right before close:

4hzihs.jpg

aquabliss said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/236-Denim-92618/home/71965538

Not sure if this is a resale or it fell out of escrow.  What a strange setup though where this house partially blocks the front of the home behind it from the street. 

Due to the green wall in picture 15 I'll guess resale.  Don't think the builder would offer a lime green accent wall. 

Pending at $451 sq ft with no landscaping and an odd location with a neighbors house facing this one at a 45 degree angle.

Back