Great Park: Shea Homes - Sagewood

irvineboy said:
How much is mello there and hoa?
Any larger lots on the 3s?

Mello is somewhere between $6-7K/year, and can increase 2% YOY.  HOA is "officially" $193, but it appears it's been dropping to $150-ish.  There are some larger plan 3 lots coming in future phases, but you'll have to go to the sales office to see the site plan.

People who bought Sagewood recently can you give me estimate on your closing cost ? Which insurance company you used for fire insurance ?

gasman said:
No price reductions yet.  They have flattened a bit though.  I wouldn't expect the prices to go down...maybe taper off at best.
Prices have actually gone up on the four that haven't sold in the previous release. Somebody is smoking something good at Shea HQ.

Attachments

• Sagewood_Phase10_Prices.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 279
The new pricing includes some upgrades added by Shea as the construction goes. Check plan 2 which I am familiar with, the new sheet with new pricing shows Super Family Room which is about $25k upgrade from the 3rd tandem garage.

IR-SWD said:
The new pricing includes some upgrades added by Shea as the construction goes. Check plan 2 which I am familiar with, the new sheet with new pricing shows Super Family Room which is about $25k upgrade from the 3rd tandem garage.
For some buyers having $25k automatically added to the price may not be okay if they''re not interested in Super Family Room option. 

home2irvine said:
IR-SWD said:
For some buyers having $25k automatically added to the price may not be okay if they''re not interested in Super Family Room option.

Sucks for them then.

All builders do this, it's pretty standard if there's inventory that doesn't sale at a phase release. They have a construction schedule and will build anyway. At some point they have to pre-select options that tend to be popular amongst other buyers or they lose out on profit. When pricing out the total ROI for a tract, a developer has to anticipate a certain percentage spent at the design center per home. For "standing inventory in training", they need to select options that allow them to hit their ROI targets.

home2irvine said:
IR-SWD said:

Just for curiosity sake, what is a Super Family Room option?

eyephone said:
home2irvine said:
IR-SWD said:

They extend the family room by taking away one spot from the tandem garage so you end up with a two car garage.

home2irvine said:
eyephone said:
home2irvine said:
IR-SWD said:

They extend the family room by taking away one spot from the tandem garage so you end up with a two car garage.
So before there were spaces for 3 cars, now there are only 2 spaces?

Prices stayed relatively flat in Phase 10B released earlier today.  8 sign-ins.  3 of 5 lots sold.  4 of 5 lots from Phase 10A are still available.  New sales staff are absolutely ridiculous, nowhere near the caliber of the previous staff.  I'm fairly certain the pricing has hit its peak here.

Just checked the sales center out. $1.23 for plan 3 is pretty ridiculous. The MR is $7100 a year which is high. Not a fan of the 2% MR increase year over year not to mention the rep told me MR is 40, not 30 years! The ones let over in phase 10 have small lots. But nice floorplan with casita and 3 car garage.

gasman said:
Prices stayed relatively flat in Phase 10B released earlier today.  8 sign-ins.  3 of 5 lots sold.  4 of 5 lots from Phase 10A are still available.  New sales staff are absolutely ridiculous, nowhere near the caliber of the previous staff.  I'm fairly certain the pricing has hit its peak here.

Was there any final word on why Vicky and Caitlin were let go? Haven't gone in the models since I heard they were let go....

lovingit said:
Just checked the sales center out. $1.23 for plan 3 is pretty ridiculous. The MR is $7100 a year which is high. Not a fan of the 2% MR increase year over year not to mention the rep told me MR is 40, not 30 years! The ones let over in phase 10 have small lots. But nice floorplan with casita and 3 car garage.

MR should be $6500, but I'll confirm.  I think the plan 3 is short of the next MR tier by like 10 sq ft.  There are some corner lots upward of 8K-9K sq ft, and the lots along Allium are 5700 sq ft.  The lots along Midori and Denim are 4800 sq ft., which were also part of phases 8-9.

mjl1126 said:
Was there any final word on why Vicky and Caitlin were let go? Haven't gone in the models since I heard they were let go....

Not a clue.  One of the new reps conjured up a story about Caitlin getting married or something, but I'm willing to bet they were relocated due to slowing sales.  Phases 9B and 10A did not sell out, and there was one lot in phase 9A that they had trouble selling.  I guess Shea HQ thought it was time to mix things up.  I really don't see the new sales reps turning things around...they're definitely a step backward.

Caitlin did get married, but I don't think she was planning on leaving when she did. Heard from someone at Shea that Vicky moved on to "bigger and better things" but it seems weird that it all happened at the same time. Vicky was great to work with. Sad.

Got an email from Shea this morning that they will be releasing the models on Saturday, March 14th.

They must expect a huge crowd with cash filled briefcases.  In the mail they said to arrive at 10am and have your personal or cashiers check ready in the amount of $30,000. 

I'm guessing these models will be between $1.5M - $1.7M.  Lots of upgrades and large lots.

Indeed large lots, well over 6000sf.  I've walked through those models so much, they should be considered a resale... jk :)

mjl1126 said:
Caitlin did get married, but I don't think she was planning on leaving when she did. Heard from someone at Shea that Vicky moved on to "bigger and better things" but it seems weird that it all happened at the same time. Vicky was great to work with. Sad.

I must have missed this during my perusals of TI.  I actually know Caitlin personally (hence all the Shea info).  She did get married.  Married pretty well so I think she went off to "retirement" :)

Back