Great Park Neighborhoods

Well, TIC milked everybody for a while, it'll be interesting to see what this new competition does. Doesn't seem to be something that can just be waited out like LR.

shadax said:
Well, TIC milked everybody for a while, it'll be interesting to see what this new competition does. Doesn't seem to be something that can just be waited out like LR.

One thing for sure, I will NEVER buy from The Irvine Company again. My next home purchase in Irvine, for extended family, will likely be from one of the Great Park home builders.

jamboreedude said:
shadax said:

One thing for sure, I will NEVER buy from The Irvine Company again. My next home purchase in Irvine, for extended family, will likely be from one of the Great Park home builders.
Why is that?  What did TIC (iPac) do or not do?

USCTrojanCPA said:
jamboreedude said:
shadax said:

Why is that?  What did TIC (iPac) do or not do?

All I can say is I just don't like the way they conduct their business, from the waiting list BS at Santa Maria to the design center rip-offs!

Those side yards are huge! About time someone puts the hurt on TIC.

GP now needs to come up with a good PR plan for all the toxic soil issues and stress the Canyon View school association (are they assigned to NW HS as well?).

SoCal said:
iacrenter said:
GP now needs to come up with a good PR plan for all the toxic soil issues

Any suggestions???

Yea, all the toxic plume is under Woodbridge.

Irvine_Plume_Map_Update_041706.jpg

test said:
SoCal said:
iacrenter said:
GP now needs to come up with a good PR plan for all the toxic soil issues

Any suggestions???

Yea, all the toxic plume is under Woodbridge.

Irvine_Plume_Map_Update_041706.jpg

This map is dated June 2006.  It's now June 2013.  Considering the plume grows 3~40 feet per day, it wouldn't be fair to say that the plume is just all under Woodbridge.  ;)  Just saying ....

iacrenter said:

Those look like this row of homes.  Notice how NO OTHER homes in the ENTIRE development have that much side yard setback.  Sneaky deceptive if you ask me.

qofw2a.jpg

It's not foreign for builders to give the model homes the best lot size... they've done that forever.

But I don't think the homes 191-197 are the same as 141-147 or even the ones behind it (180-186). They all have different footprints.

My understanding is that the Great Park Neighborhoods is going to have all of the models together from various builders so there will be a community of model homes with the actual building sites possibly far away from models.

test said:
iacrenter said:

Those look like this row of homes.  Notice how NO OTHER homes in the ENTIRE development have that much side yard setback.  Sneaky deceptive if you ask me.

qofw2a.jpg

Yup, Test, those are the homes photographed. The park was right across the street.

There were also 3 sets of 3 model homes each under construction around lots 176 and 177 or thereabouts. They just had the foundation slabs poured, though. Or, at least I'm assuming they were models.

The California Court Company said:
the backyard are at least twice the size of TIC cookie cutters, looking at footprint alone

I hope you are right. Lots 176, 178, 180 look relatively deep compared with TIC.

Also interestingly, lots 177, 179, 182 (in that area) appear to have relatively wide front facing lots...haven't seen those since the ? 90's/3CWG. Most new TIC products use narrow and shallow lots to maximize home density.

Toxic issues aside... if they price these well and the floorplans are decent, these could tempt me.

My kids might find that 3rd arm useful.

irvinehomeowner said:
Toxic issues aside... if they price these well and the floorplans are decent, these could tempt me.

My kids might find that 3rd arm useful.

The theme song for Great Park is "radioactive" by Imagine Dragons

Back