Great Park Neighborhoods

gaogi said:
In plan 3, how do you get into bedroom 2 and 3 from inside the house??

I think they made a mistake on that drawing and forgot to eliminate the wall in the entryway for the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms.

I'm happy to see refreshing floor plans--especially the Plan One with a single floor. Now for the prices--any guesses? MR?

Just the large lot alone is worth the price for the single story. Very few homes are worth my gas to go see and I will have to definitely check this one out.

I think one story homes are cool too, but what size lots are we talking?  That Plan 1 has a large footprint.  If it's on a tiny lot, then there's 1) no yard and 2) the views from all the windows will be walls.  Not exactly ideal.

Is this section of the development on the "toxic" part of the Great Park?

bones said:
I think one story homes are cool too, but what size lots are we talking?  That Plan 1 has a large footprint.  If it's on a tiny lot, then there's 1) no yard and 2) the views from all the windows will be walls.  Not exactly ideal.

These are north of irvine blvd by the 133. The TCE plume is from Hanger 296 which is in the sw corner of gp near the orange balloon. So it isn't near the toxic area. It least the known area of toxicity

How is it different from the 2 story when the ground floor is still facing a wall and the upper story facing your neighbors windows. At least for the single story you won't see the neighbors windows.
bones said:

If the great park becomes a successful move up market this may influence the timing of another nearby move up community.  The goal is to deter interested and well funded buyers from making a decision to buy in Great Park. The strategy may include PR buzz that luxuryhomes in this other community could be a bargain comparing to Great Park. Buyers will vacillate in their decision and wait for the other move up community to compare prices and design but in the meantime might lose the timing to buy in the first few phases. Great park may even suspend its luxury program if facing lack luster sales activity because buyers want to wait and compare products with the other move up community. This strategy of bait and switch by raising prices when the competition is no longer A threat becomes emminent. Beware of new shill posters with incredible knowledge of toxic plume. Great Park has one chance to make an impact and hopefully have learned from the mistakes of VOC. Cunsumers opinions could tarnish a good brand. Asian buyers are all about brand so a word of advice to Great Park: Mitigate your Musick Jail neighbor, demonstrate the incredible liner used below the foundation similarly to the Bowerman dump liner to incapsulate the plume from capillary action, the new IUSD school is not a step child, and a 99 Ranch, 85 Celsius, and Class 302 will soon be in your future neighborhood strip mall.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Just the large lot alone is worth the price for the single story. Very few homes are worth my gas to go see and I will have to definitely check this one out.
Pick me up on the way there, I want to check out the single story floor plan.  :D

Everything is toxic, it's good you start building your childrens resistance early on.  You should be thanking us.
~ Builders over the plume.

zubs said:
Everything is toxic, it's good you start building your childrens resistance early on.
I'm having my kids microwave their own food and to watch it closely. I should also have them play in the backyard at Uncle Qwerter's house.

This way they will be ready for Schrodinger's... err... Pavilion Park.

irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:
Everything is toxic, it's good you start building your childrens resistance early on.
I'm having my kids microwave their own food and to watch it closely. I should also have them play in the backyard at Uncle Qwerter's house.

This way they will be ready for Schrodinger's... err... Pavilion Park.

just bring them over, they can play with my dogs. and they can have limes from our little lime tree in the backyard (planted in a planter :)

qwerty said:
they can have limes from our little lime tree in the backyard (planted in a planter :)
UCKzC2o_large.jpg

bones said:
Wait so these homes are not on toxic land?  So My future kids won't be born with 8 fingers. But they will go to school on the toxic part though right?

Sorry, you have to pay a premium for the privilege of 8 fingers... to have a future gifted piano-playing genius.

mms2020 said:
Hovnanian Homes also announced their great park community - Harmony at Pavilion Park.  They will have 45 single-family homes in 3 designs, ranging from 3,362 to 3,722 square feet with as many as 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
http://www.khov.com/Home/CA/122220000/_Properties_AUTH.htm

The OC Reg article originally had K. Hovanian @ 55 homes 2462-3540sft.  These are bigger sqft with less number of homes - hopefully that means bigger lots???  Thank goodness that unlike TIC, some builders aren't trying to decrease set backs.

Back