Great Park Neighborhoods

Starlight East said:
ch said:
test said:

If this is the case - why would anyone within 5 miles of this place want to build near it. Wouldn't this include Woodbury, Portola Springs, Stonegate areas?

But that's test's point. No one should buy in this whole area. When that's all true, at least it won't be so crowded.

So a question for Test - what areas do you deem safe in Irvine?

I've researched now and read about the plume from the Great Park, Columbus Tustin having same issues, and now another place I was looking at far from Irvine in Fullerton Amerige Heights is deemed toxic as well due to similar pollution like El Toro.
Kick in the radiation from Japan to top it off as well which we will be hearing more about soon thanks to the winter season and the shift of the jet stream coming...

test said:
ch said:
So a question for Test - what areas do you deem safe in Irvine?

Turtle Rock, Turtle Ridge, IBC....
Turtle Ridge is by the land fill and next to the 73 Toll Road.  Looks like Turtle Rock wins...no wonder prices are so high over there.

Just got a flyer in the mail informing me that the Great Park neighborhoods are slated to open (?) in 2013.  I guess this is not new info?  I wonder if they will also go with the no MR thing like Lambert Ranch?  Would this some how cause the opening of OH and CV to be delayed?  Hmmm...

As far as MR, I suspect the Great Park developers will either have no MR or make sure it is reasonable (i.e. not Columbus Square levels). This will help differentiate their products from TIC.

OH has been delayed for quite a while and will continue on hold unless PS, Stonegate, and LA start selling well and are completed.

Dan Young (TIC President of Community Development) spoke to the old Irvine Housing Blog forum back in 2009 via a conference call (http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/5760/). One question he answered was regarding TIC's timeline for buildout--here is an excerpt from that call (thankyou SoCal for transcript post):

"4:27    In the meantime, people are e-mailing here, so we?ll pick those up as well. I do have one here that I?ll try to address? and Larry, you brought this up about people?s interest in the build-out of the other villages. We have several villages where we?ve installed some or all of the infrastructure but we haven?t started the homes yet. Stonegate has been called out as one? Laguna Crossing has been called out as one? and Orchard Hills has been called out as one. So, let me give you our current thinking. First of all? our first priority? our first, second, and third priority? is to complete the villages that we?ve already started. There?s residents living there. There?s all kinds of facilities operating there. There?s schools operating there. So, we want to make sure that all of the resources that we can put into the market place are put into places where those villages are started and people are living. So, Priority One is to complete Woodbury, Woodbury East., and Portola Springs neighborhood one and two. Those were active and now we see new homes being built soon. We think the first of the year? to get more new home choices for people in those villages. What that means is? if you try to guess at how many homes are going to be absorbed over the next year or two as we move out of this recession, and we?re assuming that we are, in 2010, going to start moving out of this recession?. then, you might have a good guess and that?s really all it is? that Stonegate might open up in 2011 or 2012. Again, assuming that we?ve made great progress and are mostly finished with the build-out of Woodbury and Woodbury East. So, we?re continuing to look at the schedules, and quite frankly it requires you to be an economist and follow the national economy and we try to do that as best we can?.but based upon our best guess, the absorption that we?ve projected? it might suggest that Stonegate is in 2011. Laguna Crossing would probably follow shortly after that, as would Orchard Hills. But, what we?d really like to do? first order of business? is get those villages completed. (Instructions given for asking a question?)"

As for CV--they already built the school, parks, and apartments. There is no question, the homes are up next--maybe part of the 2013 Collection. TIC has the clock running down. With 2013 comes the new big competitor--Great Park Neighborhoods/FivePoint Communities.

So I still don't foresee OH opening until 2014 or later.

SunCare said:
Just got a flyer in the mail informing me that the Great Park neighborhoods are slated to open (?) in 2013.  I guess this is not new info?  I wonder if they will also go with the no MR thing like Lambert Ranch?  Would this some how cause the opening of OH and CV to be delayed?  Hmmm...

Excluding the proximity of the 405, are there any hidden health risks in Quail Hill Area???

iacrenter said:
So I still don't foresee OH opening until 2014 or later.

SunCare said:

Back in 2010, TIC had an actual Orchard Hills page forecasting opening in 2013. That page has since disappeared, and there is almost no evidence of Orchard Hills on TIC website.  I personally don't see OH opening before 2015, if not later.

SunCare said:

Has anyone heard anything new about the Great Park neighborhoods?  Last I heard was that Five Points President Haddad stated that they would determine the builders late last year and that homes would be ready to move in before the christmas holidays this year.  They broke ground in January and there is alot of activity over there,  I just haven't heard anything about the builders or types of homes

I thought GP was going to be built by Lennar. There will probably be other builders but I think they are doing an IP/TIC and controlling most of the projects.

OK, I thought that maybe other builders would be involved.  I met the president of a construction company that does mostly commercial remodels, redhawk construction, and his brother works for New Home Company.  He said that they were going to build over there.  That was about 6 months ago and I haven't seen anything.  Looking for something from New Home instead of TIC

Back