Eastwood Village - what's the consensus today?

There goes the neighborhood.

Ready2Downsize said:
http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/CA86498302C2486/Mark-Andrew-Taylor.html

Zoom out on the map. Look how close this guy is to Eastwood. Looks like there is a walking path out of that old condo complex that exits immediately next to Eastwood and a walkable entrance into Eastwood right near what looks like a pocket park near Petaluma. Bet there are way more people you should be worried about living in those condos than the "eyesore" trailer park across the street.

That trailer park has been there years and has a whole lot of amenities. The owners got together, had a special assessment to buy the land so they have no space rent. They ain't going anywhere.

BTW, if you were over 55 would have been a great "investment" buying in 2012 in this place, better percentage wise than regular houses.

YellowFever said:
Offense/Statute:prior Code: Lewd Or Lascivious Acts With A Child 14 Or 15 Years Of Age

Okay, it's not that bad.  He'll only do it to minors.  I reckon most of you are adults.  What have you got to lose.  Plus, this is Orange County.  Everyone's packin' heat.  Even the recent Turtlerock Chinese kid who killed his mom and himself was packin' heat.

Btw - Not everybody is packing heat.

YellowFever said:
Happiness said:
Don't you have to be white to have yellow fever?

Umm, diseases don't discriminate. 

140ywkh.jpg

Your current sn is ok. Come to think of it, I guess you could of picked another sn with the word fever.  ;).

You're kidding right?  All the Groves occupants are Irvine residents, they see Asians every day.  They may not know the difference between the mainlanders at 99 Ranch and the Koreans at Zion, but the completion of Eastwood will have zero impact on them.  They're probably a lot more tolerant than you think.

So were you joking when you talked about the sales office?

YellowFever said:
aquabliss said:
You're kidding right?  All the Groves occupants are Irvine residents, they see Asians every day.  They may not know the difference between the mainlanders at 99 Ranch and the Koreans at Zion, but the completion of Eastwood will have zero impact on them.  They're probably a lot more tolerant than you think.

I'm just trying to be facetious:). Of course I'm kidding.  My posts are meant to be sensational, controversial, and provacative.  (If anyone hasn't already figured that out)

Tbharvey said:
Didn't BangBros also vote for Trump? You and the trailer park reaidents share common ideals.

Wrong.  That's like saying all Chinese people in China have slant eyes.  I voted Trump because I disliked the other opponent so much I had no choice.

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
So were you joking when you talked about the sales office?

I'm not going to answer you, because you think you're entitled to an answer when you haven't given me an answer for my previous question.  I asked you, is this vodka offensive to you?  If so, I like you to write an email to the owner of the company, post it here, and send it off them and voice your concerns.  Otherwise, I consider you a hypocrite.

CDZkh-WW8AA8juh.jpg

You previously made a statement about how you were treated at the sales office, so I just asked you to clarify.
In regards to the product, I really don't know about that brand and product line, so I can't make a comment.

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
You previously made a statement about how you were treated at the sales office, so I just asked you to clarify.
In regards to the product, I really don't know about that brand and product line, so I can't make a comment.

I can't let you off that easily.  You said that word offended you.  Therefore, why are you applying a double standard?  Metaphorically speaking, that's like saying, white people should be allowed to sit in front of the bus, but slant eyed people must sit in the back.  Then, when you, a slant eyed person, gets on the bus, you decide you want to sit on the front of the bus. 

You're evading from the question of whether or not that word on that bottle is offensive.  Instead, you are labeling the fact that it is on a vodka bottle it is okay, but when it is used openly it is not.  So then are you saying that if Toyota released a new car called it the "Toyota Chink", you would have no comment, because quite simply, you know nothing about the brand or model of that car or how many horsepower it has?  But when some white folk calls you a 'chink', you would be offended?  This is a perfect example of why I think azn's are pussies and you represent one of them because you fail to act when duty calls.

The word means black in Spanish? (I believe) Can it simply mean black vodka bottle?

YellowFever said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Some of that "trailer trash" has sold for more than those condos that sit between Irvine/Yale and Eastwood and they are on the same side as Eastwood....... hop the fence and boom........... you are in Eastwood.

No one seems concerned about those places. At least one registered sex offender occupies one of those condos.

Do you think the trailer trash people will tolerate mainlanders across the street at EW once EW is completely built-out?  I think the whole area is starting to become Asian-fied.  I guess what I'm asking is, how much more will these Trumpublicans tolerate before they capitulate and move away?

BTW, according to the election map, that precinct where Groves is, majority vote was all Trump supporters.  So they're not likely to enjoy seeing slant-eyed folks, especially pregnant ones and kids with their 488s.

2625tvd.jpg

The Groves is a unique place. It's in Irvine, guard gated, only available for people over 55 and has a lot of amenities. They have their own beauty salon, wood shop, fitness center, garden and a whole lot of other old people to socialize with and they look in on each other. Where would they go? They are unlikely to move to another mobile home park, because it's expensive to move those things and most other parks have space rental fees.

They've seen Asians in the area for many years. Probably Asians in the neighborhood. They might tell them off if they cut in front of them in line at the store, but other than that they are most likely harmless old folks who toe the line.

Honestly we could use more affordable places like the Groves for seniors who raised families and worked and paid taxes for years.

I like the floor plan I have. It works well for me. Downstairs laundry (an absolute must and hard to find even with downstairs masters), downstairs master, downstairs guest room and a downstairs office and nice sized rooms. We have everything we NEED downstairs with three bedrooms upstairs plus loft which is enough for all my kids to come visit at the same time. My house is a lot like my old one but configured differently on a much smaller lot.

What we could use is a 3 car garage and maybe a bigger yard, not because we need a bigger yard but it would be nice to not be so close to neighbors. Not that I have issues with my neighbors. One side is a birth motel that has been reported by my neighbors but somehow still operates and the other has no one moved in. On the good side, when the rain subsides, I guess I'll have to spend 10 minutes picking a few weeds out of the mulch.

We tried to talk ourselves into squishing into a smaller home but we thought it was downsizing too much so Eastwood would probably have been one step down too much.

Too late now to move to a smaller place. We took our one time tax basis transfer, so moving to anything is going to make our costs go up (property taxes. Our current basis is around $760K and can only rise 2% a year).

If I could pick any development, I like Orchard Hills and Eastwood. I would have no problem seeing that trailer park. On the contrary it would make me think it's great that the city I live in has a place for seniors.

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
The word means black in Spanish? (I believe) Can it simply mean black vodka bottle?

2cy04cz.jpg

In this case, it means a certain type of drink or flavor.  You can't assume it means a black vodka bottle because there is already another black bottle to the far left of their product portfolio.  Plus, "mojito" is not a color and neither is "samba".  Maybe "blanco" could mean white. 

My point again is, don't try to categorize that a particular word is immediately offensive.  You don't know the context to which I'm using it in. 

To give you a perfect example, look at this product on walmart with the word that you find offensive.  Again, there is nothing 'black' about that tile. 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Merola-T...atterns-25-Pc-11-Sq-Ft-Case-WDC8SNE/104332312

So let me tell you something, you sir, are a hypocrite and too quick to judge.  If you got a problem with me using those offensive words, then clearly, you have a problem with SXLiquors and Walmart as well. 

And for the very last time, no, I won't disclose what happened at the sales gallery.  Not until you explain why the word is offensive to you, which you've already stated previously, and what you intend to do about it with both SXLiquors and Walmart.  Or are you going to be that model Asian I keep describing where Asians are pussies and just sit at home and do not protest?

If you were just telling us how rude a person was and wanted us to know who it was by adding a descriptor then it's OK. But just to say the 'black' or the 'asian' or the 'blonde' is wrong. Because the descriptor is there for no reason.

Back