Eastwood Village - what's the consensus today?

Tbharvey said:
eyephone said:
YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
You previously made a statement about how you were treated at the sales office, so I just asked you to clarify.
In regards to the product, I really don't know about that brand and product line, so I can't make a comment.

I can't let you off that easily.  You said that word offended you.  Therefore, why are you applying a double standard?  Metaphorically speaking, that's like saying, white people should be allowed to sit in front of the bus, but slant eyed people must sit in the back.  Then, when you, a slant eyed person, gets on the bus, you decide you want to sit on the front of the bus. 

You're evading from the question of whether or not that word on that bottle is offensive.  Instead, you are labeling the fact that it is on a vodka bottle, you appear to be indifferent and have no comment, but when it is used openly it is not.  So then are you saying that if Toyota released a new car called it the "Toyota Chink", you would have no comment, because quite simply, you know nothing about the brand or model of that car or how many horsepower it has?  But when some white folk calls you a 'chink', you would be offended?  This is a perfect example of why I think azn's are pussies and you represent one of them because you fail to act when duty calls.

Just a friendly tip, it doesn't make your self look good by calling people names.
#unbelievable
Maybe, maybe not. He's pretty damn funny though. I nearly choked on my coffee this morning when I read "Toyota Chink."

I'm not surprised, by the way he acts.
I learned in business, the way you act is how people judge you. (It can also be a business, how people perceive them. i.e. Wells Fargo.)
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/business/dealbook/wells-fargo-earnings-report.html

WTTCHMN said:
Tbharvey said:
Maybe, maybe not. He's pretty damn funny though. I nearly choked on my coffee this morning when I read "Toyota Chink."

Maybe you should share this your new Asian CEO.

This is a confounding thing for you to say, and shows a lack of nuance. I laughed because of the absurd premise and the extreme language. Like how a white guy can laugh at a Chris Rock show, or how South Park is funny. It's irrelevant to my future CEO how I feel about a poster on this forum, and I think if somehow we had a discussion on race (not bloody likely because it's a waste of energy) then I might show him BangBros' point of view. Do you ever look at things in context?

irvinehomeowner said:
@YellowBB:

Actually, I think it was me who was offended by your usage of the N word.

I can't speak for eyephone, but if you use it in reference to people, it's not kosher. If you use it to describe a product, it depends on context.

But what if it's both -- a product that looks like a people.  ;)

These are my potholders. Ain't they cute?

They were given to me as a gift by an old German man who made them for me. He invited me over to his house and said, "I made these Nigger Baby Potholders for you as a wedding gift." Since that what he calls them, ever since then, I'll be walking around the kitchen asking everybody, "Anyone seen my nigger babies? I need them right now." I can't call them potholders because that wouldn't differentiate them from all the other potholders I have. Mr. SoCal has been asking me to throw these away for years but I just can't do it because they're so cute and they were a handmade gift from a friend. When we have people over, he puts them in the drawer.  :)

20170113_120728.jpg

Sorry SoCal... but as I said, it is context and that context is offensive... at least to me.

I don't know if we even have any African American members on TI but I think if I showed this post to any of the guys I play ball with, they would not be happy.

Please remove the N-word from your post.

irvinehomeowner said:
Sorry SoCal... but as I said, it is context and that context is offensive... at least to me.

I don't know if we even have any African American members on TI but I think if I showed this post to any of the guys I play ball with, they would not be happy.

Please remove the N-word from your post.

IHo the Real Estate Mogul and b-baller.
#boom

SoCal said:

They were given to me as a gift by an old German man who made them for me. He invited me over to his house and said, "I made these Nigger Baby Potholders for you as a wedding gift." Since that what he calls them, ever since then, I'll be walking around the kitchen asking everybody, "Anyone seen my nigger babies? I need them right now." I can't call them potholders because that wouldn't differentiate them from all the other potholders I have. Mr. SoCal has been asking me to throw these away for years but I just can't do it because they're so cute and they were a handmade gift from a friend. When we have people over, he puts them in the drawer.  :)

20170113_120728.jpg
When did you get married?  1927?

SoCal said:

20170113_120728.jpg

Never would have guessed this came from SoCal.  Time to change your sn to SoKKKal.

WTTCHMN said:
SoCal said:

20170113_120728.jpg

Never would have guessed this came from SoCal.  Time to change your sn to SoKKKal.

Kekeke (laugh)

WTTCHMN said:

The point was to take some heat off YellowFever for the reaction to his Vodka pic. There's way too much #VirtueSignaling going on in this thread. Social Justice Warriors, calm yourselves and retreat to your Safe Spaces. Blankies and coloring books there. #FauxOutrage #EverythingIsRaaaaacist #Overplayed

virtsign.JPG

Mainlander doesn't have the same history in America as the n word. Neither does cracker. As offensive as those words can be, they are definitely not equivalent to the n word.

Did your potholders participate in this march:
http://www.theonion.com/article/racist-figurines-march-on-washington-804

SoCal said:

20170113_120728.jpg

SoCal said:
WTTCHMN said:

The point was to take some heat off YellowFever for the reaction to his Vodka pic. There's way too much #VirtueSignaling going on in this thread. Social Justice Warriors, calm yourselves and retreat to your Safe Spaces. Blankies and coloring books there. #FauxOutrage #EverythingIsRaaaaacist #Overplayed

I had to look up virtue signaling and this is a case where SoCal is not familiar with the history of YellowFever and his many screen names.

I am not offended at his Vodka reference (again context) but in another thread, I believe the post has been deleted, he actually referred to African Americans with the N word.

You probably never saw it hence your unnecessary and inappropriate (IMO) interference.

Is there a term for "uninformed defense"?

And I don't see many situations where using the N word is acceptable. That has nothing to do with virtue, funny how you don't use that label on Panda.

SoCal said:

20170113_120728.jpg

Regardless, SoCal's post is very telling.  Even her dear husband knows better.

Back