Dow?

Can someone call me in a few years and let me know how my stocks are doing?  ;)

here is another apple buying opportunity. i got out yesterday at 101. will get back in today at low 99s.

morekaos said:
At least as far as the Dow in concerned, at just past the halfway mark, we find it up 2.3% as of today.  In January I said, "Again, I see a very volatile year, mostly up and down but probably trendless."  I will stick to that prediction but notice the "media" talks about the markets as if they are up 20-30%.  Not so Joe.

Flaaaaaaaaatttttt for the year

qwerty said:
here is another apple buying opportunity. i got out yesterday at 101. will get back in today at low 99s.

Nice play.

This is one of those things love about AAPL, it has lots up and downs. 

Do pay attention to Apple Pay.  I was very skeptical about it but if Apple Pay really catches on and become wide spread, it will take Apple's profit and stock price to stratosphere.  If that happens, qwerty, I'll see you at Trevi. ;)

The biggest news to come out of Apple product introduction in early September was Apple Pay, a mobile payment service that could jolt the moribund $400 billion business for credit card processing out of its deep slumber.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanka...es-way-for-mobile-payments-could-clip-paypal/
The Apple Pay mechanism is much easier than the prior attempt by GOOGL with Google Wallet. Apple Pay simply requires that one put their finger on the Touch ID sensor, present the phone, and that?s it.

That convenience should get enough iPhone users to ditch cash and cards ? and add significant if incremental growth to AAPL operating profits. Susquehanna estimates that every 1% share of U.S. credit or debit card payments grabbed by Apple Pay will add 0.1% to operating earnings at AAPL.

In even better news for anyone holding Apple stock, every 1% share of global purchases made using Apple Pay will boost operating earnings by 0.4%.
http://investorplace.com/2014/09/apple-stock-apple-pay/#.VCyNiPldV8F

What's with the market lately, down another 270 today. 

October usually is the most historically volatile month of the year and high stock market volatility is usually associated with bear markets.  Could this be the warning sign of thing to come?

lets see how todays purchase fare.  i bought apple at 98.92, whole foods at 37.47 and best buy at 30.22

the plan is to sell AAPL at 100-100.50, WFM at 38.50 and BBY at 32

ive had very good luck with AAPL and WFM. hadnt traded best buy in a long time, hopefully im not catching the proverbial falling knife.

good luck to everyone.

Markets been pure emotion past few days..

Whole Foods?  You going long on this?  Grocers are a waiting game

USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:
At least as far as the Dow in concerned, at just past the halfway mark, we find it up 2.3% as of today.  In January I said, "Again, I see a very volatile year, mostly up and down but probably trendless."  I will stick to that prediction but notice the "media" talks about the markets as if they are up 20-30%.  Not so Joe.
Volatility has been down a good bit this year, except for a few short lived mini spikes.  I'll take that all day long. 

A 500+ point swing in 2 days to spin wheels in the same spot....yah, I'd call that volatility.

ps9 said:
Markets been pure emotion past few days..

Whole Foods?  You going long on this?  Grocers are a waiting game

no, not going long. just trading it. hits high 37s and i buy, hits high 38s and i sell.

qwerty said:
lets see how todays purchase fare.  i bought apple at 98.92, whole foods at 37.47 and best buy at 30.22

good luck to everyone.

sold AAPL at 100.00 today, had some meetings so i set the trade trigger.  get out of meeting and its almost at 101 :-(

so i shorted it at 100.96

qwerty said:
qwerty said:

good luck to everyone.

sold AAPL at 100.00 today, had some meetings so i set the trade trigger.  get out of meeting and its almost at 101 :-(

so i shorted it at 100.96
Use a trailing stops next time.

qwerty said:
So I shorted Apple at 100.96 and got out today at 101.49. Can't win them all :-(

Carl Icahn is calling for $200 on Apple today and encouraging more stock buy-back. 
Apple has a good positive momentum going for them at the moment.

Goriot said:
qwerty said:
So I shorted Apple at 100.96 and got out today at 101.49. Can't win them all :-(

Carl Icahn is calling for $200 on Apple today and encouraging more stock buy-back. 
Ichan says a lot.

Let's face it world economic slowdown fears, Ebola fears, dollar is too strong.

Goriot said:
qwerty said:

Also, I am against this buy back. Apple should spend the money on R&D for new products and/or acquire companies. (How about buy paypal from ebay? To strengthen Apple pay/apple passbook)

qwerty said:

Just when you though you got a good rhythm on trading AAPL, Carl Icahn open his mouth.  :mad:

eyephone said:
Let's face it world economic slowdown fears, Ebola fears, dollar is too strong.

The US dollar might just grow even stronger. It will be bad for US economy but BMW and Porsche just might get a little cheaper.

Euro to fall below parity with dollar by 2017

The euro's exchange rate against the dollar will fall to $0.95 by 2017, taking the single currency back below parity for the first time in more than a decade, according to a report by Deutsche Bank.

The consensus view among the major foreign exchange players is that the euro will continue to slide over the next year but it was last worth less than one dollar in 2002, the end of an early stage crisis of confidence in the euro project.

Barclays has predicted the euro will fall to $1.10 in a year's time and continue to fall thereafter. Goldman Sachs has it at parity with the dollar in 2017.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/07/markets-forex-deutsche-idUSL6N0S214220141007

Back