Dow?

yeah i think IHO must be drinking this morning. not sure what he is saying.  i also think it will pop once sales #s of iphone 6 are released.

I guess you didn't read the wsj article today re: apple. Also, Samsung just released new phones at the trade show in Berlin.

eyephone said:
I guess you didn't read the wsj article today re: apple. Also, Samsung just released new phones at the trade show in Berlin.

not concerned about the samsung VR phone. anytime you have to wear a headset with your phone that is not a good thing.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:

not concerned about the samsung VR phone. anytime you have to wear a headset with your phone that is not a good thing.

Wsj article: analyst said sell before earnings

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
eyephone said:

yeah sell the news, i know. but i think the sales numbers are going to better than what analysts think

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
eyephone said:

yeah sell the news, i know. but i think the sales numbers are going to better than what analysts think

Who knows?  :D

Pro "analysis" of AAPL is always wrong one way or the other. They say it will under perform and then it goes bonkers. Then they set a high bar for earnings and when it doesn't come that close it drops a bit because it "failed" (although what they did earn is redic).

Over the long term, AAPL just keeps going up... so these blips are just that, like bullsback (that's SBACK qwerter!) said.

The iPhone 6 is a major event for Apple, moreso than when the iPhone 5 released. People underestimate the group think of the iSheep... every year, all the analysts say Apple won't sell that many iPhones and each time, the actual numbers are higher. You can already see the halo affect with competitors like Samsung. Their sales are slower because because people are waiting to see what "The Next Big Thing" is.

Personally, I would get an Galaxy S5, the water proofing alone is worth it. But I know that everyone and their mom will want to get their hands on the bigger iPhone 6, even if it cost $100 more than last year's model. It's a disease.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
eyephone said:

A few analysts have said that and it is more from the perspective for people to lock in their gains, since there are a lot of people who have seen some quality gains on Apple over the recent 3-12 months. You sell and then can re-enter after the hooplay from the release. I expect Iphone 6 to have very strong sales and the new Ipad with bigger screen to also be very successful.  Not very concerned with the latest Samsung gadgets either (and I am very pro Samsung). Apple just has a unique way of turning water into wine. 

I really like AAPL also and this might be an opportunity to stock up on some shares.  However, I really like GILD.  I bought in April and even now there's so much room for growth with the EPS at around 12 based on earnings forecast.  Truly amazing!  I'm looking forward to what the next two years has to hold for GILD.

Tarmacpro said:
I really like AAPL also and this might be an opportunity to stock up on some shares.  However, I really like GILD.  I bought in April and even now there's so much room for growth with the EPS at around 12 based on earnings forecast.  Truly amazing!  I'm looking forward to what the next two years has to hold for GILD.

I like GILD as well.

Not everyone agrees but that is why we have a market.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101969163

Apple stock heading to $80 per share, trader says

Apple stock saw its worst day in seven months, leading bearish trader Brian Kelly to say on Wednesday that shares were likely heading toward $80.

"I do think this is probably not the end of this selloff," he said. "In the longer term, I think it's probably $80."

On CNBC's "Fast Money," the founder of Brian Kelly Capital, who covered a short during Apple's grind higher last month, said that he wasn't tempted to get back in the stock.

"I don't know where it's going to end. It's going to end at $88 or $89," he said. "I'd rather wait a month, see what the product launch is, see if there's an ecosystem build going out there and then take a peek at it."

Apple stock closed at $98.94 per share, down 4.22 percent on Wednesday. The company is widely expected to release its new iPhone 6 and possibly a smartwatch next Tuesday.
Private Advisor Group's Guy Adami shared Kelly's bearish view of the stock.

"If it gets below $98, I don't think you step in right away," he said. "I think there's a real chance that if it disappoints in anyway next week, you could see a stock that could trade down to the high $80s, high $80s meaning $88."

Karen Finerman of Metropolitan Capital Advisors said she was holding a wary position.

"I can't think of a stock that is more prone to sentiment changes than Apple, and I feel like the sentiment is actually changing a little bit here. And so I'd stay out of the way," she said. "I'm not going to cover my calls for a little while. I'm going to watch."
However, OptionMonster's Pete Najarian jumped in after seeing heavy options trading in Apple stock.

"Over 2 million options total. It led everything, including all the indexes as far as how much volume was trading in there today. One-point-three million of those were calls. Extremely aggressive, and as a matter of fact, the implied volatility of the options today skyrocketed today from 24 to 36 percent in the Sept. 12," he said.

Najarian added that he expected the stock to climb well over the $100 mark.

"I still think at some point in time this stock gets to $110. I think in the short-term we still could test somewhere near that $105, maybe push up toward $107," he said. "That's why I bought those options today. I like the paper."

Apple stock is heading to $80, said bearish trader Brian Kelly. "I do think this is probably not the end of this selloff."

morekaos said:

Apple stock saw its worst day in seven months, leading bearish trader Brian Kelly to say on Wednesday that shares were likely heading toward $80.

"I do think this is probably not the end of this selloff," he said. "In the longer term, I think it's probably $80."

On CNBC's "Fast Money," the founder of Brian Kelly Capital, who covered a short during Apple's grind higher last month, said that he wasn't tempted to get back in the stock.

"I don't know where it's going to end. It's going to end at $88 or $89," he said. "I'd rather wait a month, see what the product launch is, see if there's an ecosystem build going out there and then take a peek at it."

Apple stock closed at $98.94 per share, down 4.22 percent on Wednesday. The company is widely expected to release its new iPhone 6 and possibly a smartwatch next Tuesday.

"If it gets below $98, I don't think you step in right away," he said. "I think there's a real chance that if it disappoints in anyway next week, you could see a stock that could trade down to the high $80s, high $80s meaning $88."

Karen Finerman of Metropolitan Capital Advisors said she was holding a wary position.

"I can't think of a stock that is more prone to sentiment changes than Apple, and I feel like the sentiment is actually changing a little bit here. And so I'd stay out of the way," she said. "I'm not going to cover my calls for a little while. I'm going to watch."
However, OptionMonster's Pete Najarian jumped in after seeing heavy options trading in Apple stock.

"Over 2 million options total. It led everything, including all the indexes as far as how much volume was trading in there today. One-point-three million of those were calls. Extremely aggressive, and as a matter of fact, the implied volatility of the options today skyrocketed today from 24 to 36 percent in the Sept. 12," he said.

"I still think at some point in time this stock gets to $110. I think in the short-term we still could test somewhere near that $105, maybe push up toward $107," he said. "That's why I bought those options today. I like the paper."

Apple stock is heading to $80, said bearish trader Brian Kelly. "I do think this is probably not the end of this selloff."

IMO AAPL 150 by end of year

socal123 said:
morekaos said:

IMO AAPL 150 by end of year
I think we get to $80 sooner than we get to $150.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I think we get to $80 sooner than we get to $150.
Hah... that means it's going to skyrocket Mr. I Don't Buy Stocks.
All depends on whether we have a decent pullback...if we do then apple probably gets into the $80s otherwise it'll be trading $110-$120 early next year.  What the hell do I know though.  I am pissed at myself for not buying 1000 shares of GoPro when it IPO'ed because it's getting really popular with the car tracking crowd. 

Back