Delano at Eastwood

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
I like Delano, but the price is insane.
Wait a minute, so is El Camino Real's prices.

Prices are inching high. But what is causing them to continue to be sold at such high valuation? (not a rhetorical question). And yes, El Camino does have those $650+sf homes too.  I'm scratching my head on that one.

The right location answers all the questions.
It will continue to get sold out even if they raise more from here.
Once there start to remain some unsold homes at Delano, then maybe the market has reached the peak.
I personally think it will continue to be sold out for awhile.

I dunno... this sounds bubbly to me.

Who wants to buy the most expensive Delano model where you will have less ROI (!) than everyone else?

@Mety: Other than location, what is there to like about Delano at that price point?

#BitDelano

Burn That Belly said:
If people are still buying, then does that constitute evidence that a) price hasn't hit peak and/or b) people are still emotionally-driven.

Let's try to determine why it's still selling. I think that's the million dollar baffling question we all want to know right. How is Brookfield getting away with this?

One reason is due to the lack of resale inventory in the <$1m market, especially newer properties (built after 2010) in Irvine.

irvinehomeowner said:
I dunno... this sounds bubbly to me.

Who wants to buy the most expensive Delano model where you will have less ROI (!) than everyone else?

@Mety: Other than location, what is there to like about Delano at that price point?

#BitDelano

I did touch on that before, but I can tell you again.

Pros of Delano (other than the location):
1. No facing units except for the plan 1. There is no home in front of you.
2. Side yards from plan 2 and 3 are pretty decent size and provide privacy since they are at each corner.
3. Walking distance but far enough from noise to the elementary school.
4. Some free upgrades with wifi system installed for controlling AC, door locks, garage, etc.
5. High ceilings here and there to make it feel bigger and brighter.
6. Price was the pro a year ago.. not anymore
7. Lower MR than the similar products from SG, WB, PS, or GP.
8. Similar but not one of those clones from the previous cookie cutters of TIC.

Cons of Delano:
1. Price has become too high. Good for those who invested in earlier phases though.
2. Closer distance from the cell towers in the middle of Encore Street.
3. Attached. However I see more privacy than some of the detached homes because of its design.
4. Higher HOA than detached ones.

If you bought Delano a year ago, you would be very happy now since you are enjoying at least $100k appreciation or even more. Sure you could say that to any other homes, but I don't think any other "attached homes" would be able to give you this much appreciation this quick. Also I believe this was the last attached 3bd product west of 133 with a reasonable price for starters or investors to afford. Of course that time has passed..

You know what question I keep forgetting to ask BTB?

Would BTB buy an attached townhome like Delano to live in at $1m?

I'm assuming that BTB's new place is not attached... so it's easy for him to expound on the benefit of the ROI with no skin in the product.

firsttimehomebuyer said:
if you bought silver leaf  a year you would have been up $100K  :D..actually that is true for most new homes

It sounds crazy, but actually Delano price went up $200k from last year's opening.
Any other attached product went up this far?

irvinehomeowner said:

I'm assuming that BTB's new place is not attached... so it's easy for him to expound on the benefit of the ROI with no skin in the product.

Either BTB has "silenced" me or doesn't want to answer this question.

ROI = Rhetoric of Illusion

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Either BTB has "silenced" me or doesn't want to answer this question.

ROI = Rhetoric of Illusion

Avoiding the obvious. If I would to states all those things about a product or an item I would at least answer you.

It goes to show that lack of credibility. anyone buy Delano later phase will have buyer remorse 1 year from now. FCB are no dummies to come in and rescue at that price, they know their investments well. Why do you think they still purchase bonds and the good USA.

For the record, BTB hasn't been saying buy Delano for awhile.
He was saying that a year ago and now he's only showing the stats and price sheets to prove that people who bought at early phases are enjoying their MAX ROI.

Mety said:
For the record, BTB hasn't been saying buy Delano for awhile.
He was saying that a year ago and now he's only showing the stats and price sheets to prove that people who bought at early phases are enjoying their MAX ROI.

Okay, let me change the question:

Would he live in Delano... an attached product.

Mety said:
he's only showing the stats and price sheets to prove that people who bought at early phases are enjoying their MAX ROI.

But I already pointed out that we have no way of knowing what sort of incentives were given to later phases or what things were changed...

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Mety said:
he's only showing the stats and price sheets to prove that people who bought at early phases are enjoying their MAX ROI.

But I already pointed out that we have no way of knowing what sort of incentives were given to later phases or what things were changed...

I would recommend taking a drive to Eastwood. Drive around the neighborhood area, then go to Delano. Get all your questions answer. If you not doing the homework yourself, someone might give you with all good intention, wrong or (different) assessment than what you needed to see and hear.

You want to be very specific with Sales about numbers and incentives. Who's know you might like the plan 3 and their numbers and end up be Belly neighbor. Then write up a quick summary on TI, I think some might be interested to hear what you think.

And grab a cookie on the way out. DONE!

Back