Delano at Eastwood

Burn That Belly said:
TestingIrvine said:
eyephone said:
TestingIrvine said:
eyephone said:
If RE prices continues to stumble. You might be able to buy more for $1 mil.

Yes of course and nobody is disputing that.  In fact you will be able to buy more for $1M if RE prices stumble .  But the questions is if / when?

You don?t see it?

For new homes?  Not yet. Maybe resale, but again I'm not speaking for the entire Irvine market as a whole.  Just Delano.

How do we know you live in Delano?  You got a picture somewhere?

A bit pushy and personal in my opinion. Doesn't mater if its over price, as long as you can see yourself in there for several years then it all that matters.

Compressed-Village said:
Burn That Belly said:
TestingIrvine said:
eyephone said:
TestingIrvine said:
eyephone said:

Yes of course and nobody is disputing that.  In fact you will be able to buy more for $1M if RE prices stumble .  But the questions is if / when?

You don?t see it?

For new homes?  Not yet. Maybe resale, but again I'm not speaking for the entire Irvine market as a whole.  Just Delano.

A bit pushy and personal in my opinion.

You don?t see it. Belly was the original talking about Delano during construction and throughout the different phases. In addition, Belly updated TI with price sheets for almost all the phases.

My, my.. people still talkin' 'bout Delano.
This surely is one heck of a development TIC/Brookfield has produced.

As far as RE price stumble, I thought it was happening in May, June, and the most part of July, but things kinda picked up. Homes were going pending here and there just like it used to last year. But as a whole in this country including Irvine, many are sensing a bit of slowing down. This does not mean RE will crash. Since everything is more "stable and safe" than the last crash era, I don't think the prices will go down drastically immediately. Even from the last crash which happened in 2008, I think the lowest price point was at around 2011. So even if RE bubble bursts right now, it might take some time to see the real price drop.

Of course this is just a humble opinion. When something happens, it always happens in a way nobody ever thought of. Historical data is not always something to depend on.

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
Burn That Belly said:
TestingIrvine said:
eyephone said:
TestingIrvine said:
eyephone said:

You don?t see it?

A bit pushy and personal in my opinion.

You don?t see it. Belly was the original talking about Delano during construction and throughout the different phases. In addition, Belly updated TI with price sheets for almost all the phases.

Sarcasm on my end. Yes, I know the pusher still pushing.

I gotta admit Delano/Eastwood is amazing location and product. Delano is all sold out?even in this market.
Delano Plan 2 = Helena Plan 3 = 970k.
People made BayArea kind of appreciation on these homes.
Congratulations to all the early buyers.

OCLuvr said:
I gotta admit Delano/Eastwood is amazing location and product. Delano is all sold out?even in this market.

Maybe for a birthing hotel but how is being across from a trailer park an 'amazing location'? 

I cringe as I sometimes past eastwood on my commute home when I see how one side of Irvine blvd looks run down and a bit sad while the other is trying to be glitzed up... it's just weird.

Sometimes I take the back way (portola) for a better view...

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
OCLuvr said:

Maybe for a birthing hotel but how is being across from a trailer park an 'amazing location'? 

I cringe as I sometimes past eastwood on my commute home when I see how one side of Irvine blvd looks run down and a bit sad while the other is trying to be glitzed up... it's just weird.

Sometimes I take the back way (portola) for a better view...

I think moreso that it's close to a lot of things.  Sure, we aren't talking night and day vs other development, but it does seem to be convenient in that regard.  SG seems to have appreciated fairly well, which is in the same general vicinity. 

OCLuvr said:

You got that right.
This must the biggest success TIC/Brookfield ever had.
Look at the price. The flat unit above garages for $900k+? Ok, this may be the model home, but the regular price for that unit was about $850k and the other townhomes were above $1m. Those who bought at phase 1 in Summer 2017 are easily enjoying $200k appreciation made in 2 years.

Someone might argue how poorly located EW is since it is across from The Grove, the senior community which I don't think is bad at all BTW. But this kind of appreciation is hardly seen even in Irvine.

Just stating facts here. I didn't buy Delano nor EW nor even know anyone who lives there so I'm not biased.

akkord said:
Any resales?  Are there buyers paying that price?

I think I have seen a few resales of Petaluma and Marin on Redfin that have done quite well.  I'd have to go back and double check, but I thought I saw some Petaluma's at 1mil+, Marin's at 1.1mil+.

akkord said:
Any resales?  Are there buyers paying that price?

Yes, I've posted one Delano resale on this thread and it went sold FAST.
Remember, this tract is less than 2 years old, though already sold out, so there are less resales, but those that went are sold real quick. Again, stating facts only. It does not mean I agree with those prices.

Added: To point out what's going on currently, here you go.https://www.redfin.com/city/9361/CA...iewport=33.71489:33.7063:-117.74737:-117.7557

Yeah, 'nuff said.

Back