Delano at Eastwood

Wow, BTB is a financial guru. And he has Thanks to prove it.

Why do you feel like you need to tell me what to do when it comes to real estate. I think we did fine without having to leverage an attached home. And there is no guarantee of ROI other than time. Isn?t that why you said 2035? That's such a bold and risky prediction.

If you don?t want to bicker, then stop responding with incindianary remarks. Otherwise, you can silence me too.

Burn That Belly said:
I promise this is not an incendiary response:

I wasn?t trying to tell you what to do. I never said ?IHO, you should go and buy this or that? (except the Santa Ana Home just today). You chose to engage me this week but I was preaching Delano and ROI long before that without singling a particular person. It?s akin to receiving real estate flyers in the mail. If you don?t like what I say, then filter me out.

Anyways, I?ll be the bigger person and disengage from you. Please just ignore me from now on. I don?t need to silence you because our conservation has still been civil so I appreciate that. Thank you for your time and congrats to whatever you decide to buy.

You know how to incite but you don?t defuse very well.

A bigger man does not:

1. Say they are a bigger man.
2. Lie: There has been more than one occasion where you have told me ?Tou should have bought in Delano?
3. Sidestep honest questions.
4. Brag about silencing people.

All I wanted to address here was:

1. Attached homes are usually inferior to detached ones (you have yet to refute that)
2. Appreciation and ?Max ROI? should not be the main consideration for a home you will live in
3. Land ownership is important to many people.
4. If you?re gonna pay $1m to live like you?re in an apartment, maybe you should live in an apartment for less.

#3 I am actually curious about. Most townhomes/condos you don?t own a parcel of land but share ownership, some detached condos in Irvine you actually own the land. I was just curious about Delano because I?m wondering how they break up the taxes in regards to land and improvements. 

Wouldn?t that information be useful in a Delano thread?

And don?t get me wrong, I have no beef with you but TI is a community and if you?re going to go around bragging about how you silence other members then I will call you out on it.

I semi understand CV, but you were just as culpable, Rizdak I have no idea other than you couldn?t counter effectively and to me this ?silencing? demonstrates more of a shortfall in you. But that?s just my opinion.

So can someone familiar with Delano answer my question about land ownership, maybe USCTrojan?

When someone push to buy and justify ROI on $ 1Mil attached townhown AND using financial leverage, ie: using someone else money to finance the purchase. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Burn That Belly said:
Ladies and Gentlemen! Break out that Champagne Bottle!
Delano plan 3 attached has finally BROKEN $1 MILLION DOLLAHS!

There are only 3 phases left! Compressed-Village, get 'em while they last. Final Phase 17 plan 2 will have a MASSIVE yard, probably not suitable for irvinecommuter.  :D

Buy now or be priced out forever!

n6S82m1.jpg

lfQ0ALO.jpg

Here is an example of BTB push sale tactic, and hoping I was one of the FOOL, customer to be of Delano.

I've lived in Irvine over two decades and I've seen alot of up and down detach and non detach, this one is just about as bad as  it get.

In both of your examples, those are only paired units, so only one wall attached.

Delano, I believe, is 3 units, so the one in the middle is sandwiched.

By the way, since BTB doesn't want to address the pros/cons of attached vs detached, I found an old thread here... and guess who started it?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3961.0.html

eyephone said:
What's a better buy long term, a new detached condo or a new attached condo? I'm heavily favoring detached condo for the following reasons: low HOA fees; resale value should be higher; not attached by a common wall; potential neighbor might be renters that slams the door/ cabinets, plays loud music and then you can hear it because you are connected by a wall; a water issue next door becomes your problem if they don't fix it

Mety said:
Not to defend Delano, but aren't there lotta attached homes reaching $1m range these day in Irvine?

For example:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/60-Shadowplay-92620/home/5952010
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/38-Bamboo-92620/home/5951941

These homes have higher HOAs also. What makes Delano so bad?

Square footage plays a factor too no?  These are both over 2000 sf. One approaches 2500. Delano is 1900 in the biggest plan IIRC. And I personally don?t think there?s anything ?bad? about Delano. It?s just that when something keeps getting shoved down your throat, people react. Lots of new tracts in Irvine that are ?bad? or ??meh? that don?t get the light of day on TI bc no one brings them up.

Those were my opinions on attached vs detached.
I think it comes down to preference.For example tandom garages vs traditional garages.

I really like Delano and I think it?s setup is pretty clever, one of best attached products in Irvine.

However, usually people bought attached residential units because it?s cheaper than comparable detached ones.  And once the attached becomes just as or more expensive than the detached, it?s just don?t make a lot of sense anymore. 

In my opinion, 1Mil for attached townhome and having a location adjacent to trailer park, and on the other side another old neighborhood, does not sound like a great location. Delano homes are tightly packed. You got no room to breath. When I did a walk through, the plan 1 is sandwich in the middle, put your entire space above garages. Major drawback for plan 1 is you don't have outside space. I asked for garage test and they hand out the three remotes for each of the unit. I can hear loudly the garages open and close from any space in model 1 when any garage open/close. AC crank all the way up in the model and I can still feel the heat, even when there is no car park in the garage, imagine when there are 6 hot cars park inside of them. When you walk outside, the old neighborhood is very visible, windows from those older home peering right into Eastwood and I've seen many items display inside those homes from the windows open widely.

Thanks for all those different inputs and opinions.
I thought Delano was nice because it had only one common wall also for plan 2 and 3 and the side yard looked a lot more decent than other village's yard/patio. Plan 1 is the middle unit so it has 2 attached sides, but that's why it's priced way less than the others. They also say there are extra walls to attached sides so it minimizes the noise. I don't know how helpful that would be, but I'm just saying what I was told. (I'm a little paranoid with attached wall since I had bad experiences with shared walls in an old condo back in the days)

Compressed-Village said:
In my opinion, 1Mil for attached townhome and having a location adjacent to trailer park, and on the other side another old neighborhood, does not sound like a great location. Delano homes are tightly packed. You got no room to breath. When I did a walk through, the plan 1 is sandwich in the middle, put your entire space above garages. Major drawback for plan 1 is you don't have outside space. I asked for garage test and they hand out the three remotes for each of the unit. I can hear loudly the garages open and close from any space in model 1 when any garage open/close. AC crank all the way up in the model and I can still feel the heat, even when there is no car park in the garage, imagine when there are 6 hot cars park inside of them. When you walk outside, the old neighborhood is very visible, windows from those older home peering right into Eastwood and I've seen many items display inside those homes from the windows open widely.

I didn't even realize that Plan 1 spans the back 3 garages, that's horrible.

This is a weird set up, so Plan 2 and 3, you are share 2 walls even though you are on the ends because your side wall and back wall are up against Plan 1... boo.

eyephone said:
Those were my opinions on attached vs detached.
I think it comes down to preference.For example tandom garages vs traditional garages.

No one "prefers" a tandem garage over a traditional one.

Just like no one prefers attached over detached... or a small lot vs a big one. :)

Back