Delano at Eastwood

WTTCHMN said:
stevers said:
Anyone know the trash situation at Delano?  I mentioned to the salesperson that I did not like storing the trash bins in the garage, and he said that it could be stored on the "side" and there's plenty of space for it.  I'm assuming he meant the yard/patio, but I didn't see any access doors from the street.  There is an access door from the garage to the yard, but it is awkward to drag the bins through the garage and over the threshold.  The office was closed by the time I finished walking the outside so I couldn't clarify.  Seems kind of small, but this might be a deal breaker for me.  I'm intending to park two fairly wide cars in the garage, it won't work to store the trash bins in the garage.  If I have to take up a garage space for the bins, a 2-car wide is functionally the same as a tandem.

Don't worry, you can throw away your trash at the park like all the FCB's.

I know, this is so ridiculous right? Once I was taking a stroll around the neighborhood park at night, close to 10 pm. A woman came out from her little clump of motorcourt houses and actually crossed the street and walked quite a ways away to the public trash can in the park. She tried to stuff a fairly large wastebasket size garbage bag into the trash can. The can was already too full, so she actually ended up leaving it just on the ground near the trash can. As I walked by, I could tell it was filled with lobster and crab shells.  I could tell what was in them because the top wasn't even tied shut. Shameless and disgusting. No wonder Woodbury has a roach problem. I used to see them all the time at night, big suckers too, at least 2-3 inches long, scurrying on the ground outside. 

YellowFever said:
stevers said:
YellowFever said:
https://globenewswire.com/news-rele...Opening-Event-Model-Homes-Now-Open-Daily.html

Delano is getting a lot of press lately.

I am on their waitlist and they still haven't sent out next phase releases yet. I'll stop by this weekend and find  out why.

I'm on their waitlist as well, but no call.  I dropped by yesterday and the salesperson said they'll release one phase this weekend, another 2-3 phases around May 13.

That is very strange. They are moving a lot slower than all the other homes. It sounds like this tract is on very low priority.  The usual release is 2-3 weeks. I could've sworn the demand was high as they sold out of the first two and traffic was very good on opening day.

Just got an email regarding the next release:

"We should be releasing phase 2 this Saturday or next Wednesday based on when we will get pricing from our corporate office.  As soon as we receive pricing we will email you this information along with a site map."

I can't seem to find the map with the phases on it, but phase 1 and 4 sold out on opening day.  I think the next phases to be released is 2 and 5. 

I'm also considering Tristania in CV East.  About $50k cheaper, less mello roos, and similar layout.  The non-upgraded builder basics at Tristania are acceptable to me.  Three choices of ceramic tile, 4 choices of carpet, and the pre-plotted units come with quartz kitchen counters and island.  I wonder if Delano's base scheme is going to be comparable.

YellowFever said:
Phase 2 pricing released.  Note that they sold phase 1 and 4, and releasing phase 2 and 5.  Here is phase 2 pricing. 

Prices have tremendously gone up especially for the Residence 1, a whopping jump from $669,300/$677,300 (phase1/4) all the up to $696,000/$693,000 (phase 2).  That is $20-30k jump. 

Phase1/4 buyers should be sitting VERY happy at this point. 

1zdn85l.jpg

107nr88.jpg

Yep, huge price increases.  I haven't compared the features and the lots, but guessing the mass interest is stirring the prices up.  The sales person said all the properties on Parkwood facing the pool/park is priced higher. 

I think I'm out at Delano.  The price creep is making me rethink. 

Still doesn't tell me what was where the dots are now.

What happened to the original '.' anyways? The cemetery must have really spooked him.

#punny

Did YF really quit?  The threat spooked him?  not a true troll.

irvinehomeowner said:

What happened to the original '.' anyways? The cemetery must have really spooked him.

#punny

You should just be happy you're not to blame for this one.

I was thinking YF might go scorched earth like No Quarter and Open Sky.

WTTCHMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#punny

Meh.. if people quit TI because they can't handle forum etiquette, whatever.

I should delete all my posts because of your last post. :)

WTTCHMN said:

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#punny

Meh.. if people quit TI because they can't handle forum etiquette, whatever.

I should delete ally my posts because of your last post. :)

IHO on the offensive.

Back