Cressa at Portola Springs - The New Home Company

I wonder if this is the first time TIC has had 6 villages for sale at the same time.

In the last 10-15 years, I can only remember a maximum of 3 for sale at one time.

irvinehomeowner said:
I wonder if this is the first time TIC has had 6 villages for sale at the same time.

In the last 10-15 years, I can only remember a maximum of 3 for sale at one time.

It's a good time to sell for builders.

Milk the cow like crazy, when the price of milk is high. Build homes when the price per sq ft is high. (Bad analogy, but you know what I mean)

irvinehomeowner said:

Portola Springs is the eternal village.  It has been on sale for more than ten years with no end in sight.  I predict the last new home ever sold in Irvine will be in PS.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Portola Springs is the eternal village.  It has been on sale for more than ten years with no end in sight.  I predict the last new home ever sold in Irvine will be in PS.
Yeah, you think they would have renamed the east phase area just so people don't keep associating them together.

Turtle Hills or Quail Springs would sell more homes.

irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah, you think they would have renamed the east phase area just so people don't keep associating them together.
Good theory, but it's not in the master plan to rename.

irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Turtle Hills or Quail Springs would sell more homes.

Crane Hills

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not rename all of Portola Springs, just the east area.

And since TIC is the "master", they can rename things. They've renamed areas before, wasn't Eastwood supposed to be Northwood Paseo? The Cypress Village Shopping Center was named something else before.

And wasn't one of the East (Stonegate or Woodbury) hoods supposed to be something else?

irvinehomeowner said:
, wasn't  The Cypress Village Shopping Center was named something else before.
Trabuco Grove Shopping Center.  Where the infamous ice gun attack took place.

ChasingRainbows said:
Does anyone know if there are any concerns for coyotes in this area of PS?

Coyotes are everywhere, we even have coyote sighting in Cypress Village.  But I guess PS3 is farther away from the hills, there probably less sighting than those at north of Portola Pkwy.

animals-outdoors-bunnies-joker-joke-busy_road-jhen115_low.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not rename all of Portola Springs, just the east area.

And since TIC is the "master", they can rename things. They've renamed areas before, wasn't Eastwood supposed to be Northwood Paseo? The Cypress Village Shopping Center was named something else before.

And wasn't one of the East (Stonegate or Woodbury) hoods supposed to be something else?

Just a thought, maybe they don't care since TIC are not selling homes in PS.

I am back from VIP event. Price looks good but all of these prices in the list are base price without any upgrade.
Plan 1 starts from $954800
Plan 2 starts from $991800
Plan 3 starts from 1048800

Anybody familiar with New Home Company, how is their charge for upgrade? Or can we negotiate with them to get some decent upgrade?

AW said:
Well. It's def less than belvedere. Plan 1 starts at $955k, plan 3 at $1.05m

frank303 said:
I am back from VIP event. Price looks good but all of these prices in the list are base price without any upgrade.

Anybody familiar with New Home Company, how is their charge for upgrade? Or can we negotiate with them to get some decent upgrade?

AW said:

Did you see the models?  How did you find the great rooms?  They all look tiny from the floorplans.

Yes, you are right.

Plan 1 are more than 2400 sqt, but we really feel it's just like a 2200 sqt home. I feel it's smaller than Strada plan 1, OH. We know Strada plan 1 is 21XX-2200 sqt.

Plan 2 and Plan 3 are actually better.

So summary is, Plan 1 floorplan is not that efficient.

Last thing to mention, every plan 1 can convert Den to 4th Bedroom with a charge of $15K. This is so ridiculous. I doubt who would like to buy plan 1 with almost same price of plan2.

aquabliss said:
frank303 said:

AW said:

Did you see the models?  How did you find the great rooms?  They all look tiny from the floorplans.

Back