Cressa at Portola Springs - The New Home Company

irvinehomeowner said:
Bullsback said:
I would argue actually make the spaces nice (but I am a big fan of the current floorplan styles...not to say all old floorplans are junky, but ones that are very closed off, are in my opinion, blah). When I look at those 2500 sq foot homes that are the way you described, I walk in and go, oh shit, I don't like any of this. So closed, etc, so not functional to what I like (makes me feel claustrophobic).
Not the ones I'm referring to.

Most of them have the O-formation with high vaulted ceiling so less claustrophobic than today's box-on-box layouts... even with 10ft ceilings.

And the Great Room concept is not new, many of the older homes have the kitchen/nook/family room setup that is what they now call the Great Room. The difference is they also had another dining area and a living room. I realize several here say they never use those spaces but if you have kids and entertain guests, I find that strange as we use every space we have downstairs.

And because the older homes weren't box-on-box to allow for those vaulting ceilings, the footprint was also larger (esp with a 3CWG). Here's one of my favorites in Westpark II:

Vintage-Floorplan-D.jpg

And that's 2750sft!!

You young-uns don't know what you're missing.

:)

Friday night boredom question: how many iterations of this post have you written in your illustrious TI history? :) :) :) :)

I've seen some O floorplans done poorly (weird angles, disproportionate "room" sizes). Plus the first thing I think about when I see that floorplan is great - now I have to buy two sets of dining furniture and 2 sets of living furniture.

I don't think they released it. I'm going on Thursday to the VIP event and am on the list (unless I missed it). Will call them in a bit but didn't think they had final pricing yet (or they hadn't when I last talked to them). 

That should be an interesting event, go there, see prices, if it's like EW, walk back out...

They'll have the phase 1 sign ups then and lot walk thru sat morning, here's to hoping prices aren't crazy.

AW said:
here's to hoping prices aren't crazy.
I don't remember if I've ever went to a TIC new home tour and walked out saying "You  know, these prices are pretty reasonable".

Maybe when Independence opened in West Irvine, but that wasn't a TIC project. I guess Pavilion Park too... except for the high MRs, but also not a TIC project.

The last set of PS homes like garden hill and I don't remember the other ones, prices weren't so bad...
Also the Sonoma and San Marino homes in Woodbury were decent too...
Everything in between was a blur

Pricing will be available at the event, unless there's someone here even more vip than the vip's

Back