Cox Internet preferred vs premier vs ultimate

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
sounds like the concourse dvr/service is fixed per IHO. directv has better hardware in my opinion. and you can get the wireless TVs with direct tv, not sure if that is available with cox.
Not sure how you get that hardware is better other than the wireless box (which I think Cox is working on).

Both can record 6 shows... and RedZone is available on Cox. :)

how can i say this without getting a TWQS :), four years ago i had a cox DVR and when i switched to DTV the box was much faster and had more capacity.  DTV also seems to come out with newer services/hardware faster than Cox. i know redzone is also available on Cox but when you are degenerate like me and put money on games i want to record specific games. i never watch the redzone channel.
Contour seems to have evened the field in regards to capacity, speed and number of shows you can record at the same time.

On the old Cox system, I would run out of disk space but not anymore.

I really wanted to go to satellite too, but I don't watch as much broadcast TV as I used to, so paying more for DISH or DirecTV doesn't make much sense.

Cox High Speed Internet Preferred for $61.99 per month

65 down, 15 up over wifi in woodbury

I just need to do the wave, shut IHO up and downgrade to 50mbps after.  I really don't need that much speed.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
sounds like the concourse dvr/service is fixed per IHO. directv has better hardware in my opinion. and you can get the wireless TVs with direct tv, not sure if that is available with cox.
Not sure how you get that hardware is better other than the wireless box (which I think Cox is working on).

how can i say this without getting a TWQS :), four years ago i had a cox DVR and when i switched to DTV the box was much faster and had more capacity.  DTV also seems to come out with newer services/hardware faster than Cox. i know redzone is also available on Cox but when you are degenerate like me and put money on games i want to record specific games. i never watch the redzone channel.
Contour seems to have evened the field in regards to capacity, speed and number of shows you can record at the same time.

I really wanted to go to satellite too, but I don't watch as much broadcast TV as I used to, so paying more for DISH or DirecTV doesn't make much sense.

My DirectTV is cheaper than anything Cox was offering...although Cox now that I left is sending me all sorts of discount emails.  But it's only for 3 months and then goes back up to full price. 

Plus I got $200 Costco card signing up through Costco.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

direct tv also has the genie go, which allows you transfer your shows from your DVR to your iphone/ipad so you can watch them wherever you want.

Looks like they almost doubled for me overnight:

Cox.PNG

Just got 74 down and 11 up on my 5s. They had told me they doubled the speeds on 7/31 when I called about the gigabit speed. Guess they just changed the speeds overnight. Just did my laptop as well, 118 down and 12 up on wifi. Nice.

qwerty said:
Sub - is that a wired connection or wireless? Premier?

Gigabit wired. It's whatever the second fastest Cox plan is. I just upgraded to an Asus 87 router so should be the same over wireless too. Got almost 700 mbps over wireless from computer to computer.

Called today again about gigabit Internet, still can't order it and they don't know when.

Forgot to test wired the other day, just tested it now 120Mbps down... 75Mbps with Wifi (802.11n).

So it seems there was an upgrade within the last few days.

A noted improvement is the ping, only 1ms wired or wireless.

Back