Cox Internet preferred vs premier vs ultimate

I don't notice the lag on my current Samsung LED. But it's more noticeable on 4k displays that upconvert 1080 content.

Seriously, I'd be looking at the Sony's too if the over 65 inchers didn't have the ugly side speakers and trapzoidal design. I'm pretty sure if you can afford an over $5k tv you'd at least be able to afford a soundbar lol.

Seems like no one is buying the LG's. Too bad, you can get the 84 incher that retails for $10k for around $6,400. They have weird issues like the Sony's too. For one, if you don't mount it on the wall, you need a 7-8 foot TV console cabinet because the stand is the entire length of the TV. It also has speakers that can't come off. They're not as wide as the Sony's but they make the entire TV deeper so you need to get a wall mount that sticks out a few inches.

SubSolar said:
I don't notice the lag on my current Samsung LED. But it's more noticeable on 4k displays that upconvert 1080 content.

Seriously, I'd be looking at the Sony's too if the over 65 inchers didn't have the ugly side speakers and trapzoidal design. I'm pretty sure if you can afford an over $5k tv you'd at least be able to afford a soundbar lol.

Seems like no one is buying the LG's. Too bad, you can get the 84 incher that retails for $10k for around $6,400. They have weird issues like the Sony's too. For one, if you don't mount it on the wall, you need a 7-8 foot TV console cabinet because the stand is the entire length of the TV. It also has speakers that can't come off. They're not as wide as the Sony's but they make the entire TV deeper so you need to get a wall mount that sticks out a few inches.

Sony makes 2 of them. One with and without speakers.

jmoney74 said:
SubSolar said:

Sony makes 2 of them. One with and without speakers.

Not for the over 70 inch TV's we are talking about. Only ugly speakers.

I like the soap opera effect... it's better than 3D.

I don't think TWC will ever get to Irvine... ps9 will forever be pwned by ZL until he moves to CC.

I too have grown to love the auto motion.. it actually works well with sports.  My 8000 series doesn't lag. 

I refuse to upgrade our TV. My kids have taken over and all I get to watch is my My Little Pony and Jake and the Neverland Pirates  :p

iacrenter said:
I refuse to upgrade our TV. My kids have taken over and all I get to watch is my My Little Pony and Jake and the Neverland Pirates  :p

Lol

That's why I cut the cable. I only have netflix and Amazon prime.

Rice Vino said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Lol

Uhh, separate issues. Eyephone, you remind me of this...http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-tel,429/
I read the article.  First, meaningless fluff story.  Anyway, easy to take that stance when you don't have kids.  Also, easy if you don't like watching sports or movies at home. 

OCgasman said:
Rice Vino said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Lol

Uhh, separate issues. Eyephone, you remind me of this...http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-tel,429/
I read the article.  First, meaningless fluff story.  Anyway, easy to take that stance when you don't have kids.  Also, easy if you don't like watching sports or movies at home.

Btw - I have a kid and I watch ESPN. I was watching the college football games last night. (A family member let me used the user name and password to watch ESPN through Roku)

Rice Vino said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Lol

What's the purpose of this article? Have a nice day, relax and chill, spend some time with your family. Peace

So hard to decide.  Leaning towards the Bronze package now:

Cox Bronze Bundle for $99.99/mo for 12 months with 2-year service agreement and Price Lock Guarantee

Note: Most promotional prices cannot be combined with promotional prices for other services.  The regular rate for this service may apply if another promotional service is added to your cart. Offer expires 1/7/15 and is available to new residential customers in Cox service areas.  $99.99/month for 12 months is only available for new subscriptions to Cox Advanced TV, Internet Preferred, and Phone Essential to complete the 3-service bundle. Bundle rate increases $30/month for months 13-24. 2-year service agreement required. Early termination fees may apply. Equipment fees extra. Free install limited to standard pro install on prewired outlets. HBO included at no additional charge for 24 months. After promotional period, regular rates apply. See www.cox.com. Prices exclude installation/activation fees, equipment charges, inside wiring fees, additional outlets, taxes, surcharges and other fees. Not all services and features available everywhere.  A credit check and/or deposit may be required. Offer may not be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions. HBO? and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. Online orders only. Other restrictions may apply.

Price Lock service agreement required. Early termination fees of up to $240 prorated over the life of the agreement may apply if after 30 days you cancel the agreement or drop Cox TV Starter, Internet or Basic Phone. After promotional period, your rate will increase to the Price Lock rate for the remaining term of the agreement. Installation/Activation, per-use charges, usage charges, overage charges, taxes, other fees and surcharges are excluded from Price Lock. The Price Lock agreement is on www.cox.com under Policies.

$100/month for 12 months, then $130/month for another 12 months to fulfill the contract.  Gonna add the DVR Service, which with the HD-DVR receiver will add about $20/month to the total.  With tax/fees looking at around $130-140 for the first year.  Internet Preferred speed should double to 50 mbps if not already.  I'm considering my families needs now:  we don't stream that much, and we watch local programming on DVR mostly.  Food Network is a must as well at TWC Sports for Laker games.  If I get the Contour upgrade, that's another $20/month.  Not sure if I need that, probably the standard HD-DVR is fine with me.  The 2 year HBO thrown in is a nice value.

Was on hold with Uverse to cancel tonight, finally got thru to a customer service agent, and then got disconnected!  What a waste of my 15 minutes.  Gonna call again in the morning, for sure cancel my internet with them, then I'm gonna mention the cox package, see what they say. 

just signed up for Ultimate at $79.99/month for 12 months.  No contract, cancel anytime.  Got a tech to come out this Saturday, and rechallenge Speedwave Sunday!

ps9 said:
just signed up for Ultimate at $79.99/month for 12 months.  No contract, cancel anytime.  Got a tech to come out this Saturday, and rechallenge Speedwave Sunday!

That's a great rate. I think I pay 71 for premier. Is that a promo/discounted rate?

Back