Can Irvine become too Asian?

Burn That Belly said:
so many TI newbs have been accused of being YF. First inv0ke, eddieuclabruin, sherwinsalehiinow, and now irvinexxx, etc. It's mind-boggling. The WORLD is full of people with similar opinions as YF has you know.

Any ways, I'm sitting out of this one.

That?s what you get for changing your screen name so much and making new accounts.

I know irvinexxx is not you but we also all know that you were someone else before BTB.

irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
so many TI newbs have been accused of being YF. First inv0ke, eddieuclabruin, sherwinsalehiinow, and now irvinexxx, etc. It's mind-boggling. The WORLD is full of people with similar opinions as YF has you know.

That?s what you get for changing your screen name so much and making new accounts.

I know irvinexxx is not you but we also all know that you were someone else before BTB.

Don?t say it. Lol ahaha ha rofl

Burn That Belly said:

Yeah, this forum has been covered in j1zz lately.

Happiness said:
Burn That Belly said:

Yeah, this forum has been covered in j1zz lately.

The more drama the mo? better.

eddieuclabruin said:
Just poppin' in to say that I am most definitely not anyone else other than myself (as a matter of fact I don't even know who "YF" is). :)

All of us on TI are "YF" to a certain extent.

Irvinecommuter said:
Zion said:
i guess irvinexxx's point is that you shouldn't "publicly" put down on asians or any ethnicity for that matter.
the real question is.... is it ok to put down other race in your heart? or in your backyard with friends "privately?"
while it is non-christian to make fun of someone's penis and heights in public, it is very non-christian to un-forgive someone in public. (i'm talking about christian since it's brought up here)

i usually just laugh at jokes, but i didn't laugh it up at that joke. it was a little over the borderline when it became humiliating someone. calling a neighborhood a hyundai or buick or bmw is a laughable matter, but calling someone's weakness is not really funny.

asians have become pretty successful not only in the u.s. but also globally. because they've worked harder than anyone else. (some earned money in shady business, but they will pay the price some day) they don't need to prove they are doing well whether someone likes it or not. there always will be haters and jealous people over any ethnicity and feeling superior than others. let them get trapped in their own little world and forever be lost unless they repent and humble themselves....but it is not asian's or anyone's job to fight back. let the LORD take vengeance. you keep loving and forgiving - that is being humble. 

Sorry...Asians did not become successful because they worked harder.  There are a whole hosts of reasons why they are more successful as immigrants. 

yeah they are smarter.

Smarter. That is hilarious. Am I right irvinexxx ?!

The Chinese are excellent copycats. Cant innovate to save their lives. And if they were smarter they would follow the money in the US into the C suite.

The white man is the smartest. They created the game and the rules. Give me an amen Irvinexxx!

Is Google too Asian?

Ex-Google recruiter: I was fired because I resisted ?illegal? diversity efforts

A former YouTube employee has sued Google?the video site?s parent company?alleging that he was wrongfully terminated from his position after he complained against hiring practices that he claimed were discriminatory against white and Asian men.

The lawsuit, which was filed in late January in San Mateo Superior Court but wasn?t reported in the media until Thursday, comes at a time when many Silicon Valley companies (including Google) are becoming increasingly cognizant of a largely male, white, and Asian workforce. Some companies have publicly said that they are trying to rectify this situation by working harder to find candidates who can do the job and who are also traditionally underrepresented minorities.

A former YouTube employee has sued Google?the video site?s parent company?alleging that he was wrongfully terminated from his position after he complained against hiring practices that he claimed were discriminatory against white and Asian men.

The lawsuit, which was filed in late January in San Mateo Superior Court but wasn?t reported in the media until Thursday, comes at a time when many Silicon Valley companies (including Google) are becoming increasingly cognizant of a largely male, white, and Asian workforce. Some companies have publicly said that they are trying to rectify this situation by working harder to find candidates who can do the job and who are also traditionally underrepresented minorities.

The civil complaint explains that Arne Wilberg, who is described as a 40-year-old white man by The Wall Street Journal, worked as a recruiter for YouTube for seven years. In his job, Wilberg was tasked with helping to select engineering and tech talent for YouTube and Google.

According to the lawsuit, Wilberg received high marks for his performance as a recruiter until he began pushing back against Google?s efforts to hire a more diverse workforce in 2017. His manager, Allison Alogna, informed Wilberg and his colleagues that they were to ?only accept? a certain rank of engineers (?Level 3?) if they were diverse.

As the lawsuit continues:

In April of 2017, Google?s Technology Staf?ng Management team was instructed by Alogna to immediately cancel all Level 3 (0-5 years experience) software engineering interviews with every single applicant who was not either female, Black, or Hispanic and to purge entirely any applications by non-diverse employees from the hiring pipeline. Plaintiff refused to comply with this request.

Wilberg argues that these practices are ?illegal and discriminatory,? and, as he continued to resist these practices, he increasingly chafed against his managers and colleagues. Eventually, Wilberg was fired in November 2017.
His lawyer, Daniel Feder, did not immediately respond to Ars? request for comment.

In a statement, Google said that it would ?vigorously defend this lawsuit,? adding that it has a ?clear policy to hire candidates based on their merit, not their identity. At the same time, we unapologetically try to find a diverse pool of qualified candidates for open roles, as this helps us hire the best people, improve our culture, and build better products.?

Google did not respond to Ars? further questions as to how many similar lawsuits involving alleged wrongful termination and discrimination the company has received.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/03/ex-google-recruiter-i-was-fired-because-i-resisted-illegal-diversity-efforts/

qwerty said:

The Chinese are excellent copycats. Cant innovate to save their lives. And if they were smarter they would follow the money in the US into the C suite.

The white man is the smartest. They created the game and the rules. Give me an amen Irvinexxx!

That is some grade A snark there. I would Thank it up but I'm afraid someone would label me a bigot.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

That is some grade A snark there. I would Thank it up but I'm afraid someone would label me a bigot.

He does have a point.  For instance, look at all the Asians being duped by the white man to overpay for cheaply made Irvine stucco boxes.  When it was whites selling to other whites in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, it was more difficult to get buyers to overpay.  Whites smartly figured out that you could increase your home values by targeting Asians and convincing them that Irvine was special.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

He does have a point.  For instance, look at all the Asians being duped by the white man to overpay for cheaply made Irvine stucco boxes.  When it was whites selling to other whites in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, it was more difficult to get buyers to overpay.  Whites smartly figured out that you could increase your home values by targeting Asians and convincing them that Irvine was special.
This is true.  We have all been duped.  Irvine sucks.  We should all sell and get out.

hello said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

This is true.  We have all been duped.  Irvine sucks.  We should all sell and get out.

Small lot sizes.  Cookiecutter designs.  Landfill smell.  Contaminated groundwater.  Yep, I would say the white man got the upper hand here.

You can tell when this policy went into effect by the actions of IPD.  In the 90's, it was common to racially profile Asians (and all other minorities) in Irvine.  Once they realized that Asians would way overpay to live in Irvine, that policy came to an abrupt end.  It's still fair game to profile Mexicans, but no longer Asians since they pay the property taxes now.

qwerty said:

That's some hard hitting truth. You trying to take YF's crown?

White Innovation: Let's create something no one has ever seen before and disrupt the status quo.
Chinese Innovation: Hey, that business has lots of customers. Let's copy that business and steal their customers.

:-\
Liar Loan said:
hello said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Small lot sizes.  Cookiecutter designs.  Landfill smell.  Contaminated groundwater.  Yep, I would say the white man got the upper hand here.

You can tell when this policy went into effect by the actions of IPD.  In the 90's, it was common to racially profile Asians (and all other minorities) in Irvine.  Once they realized that Asians would way overpay to live in Irvine, that policy came to an abrupt end.  It's still fair game to profile Mexicans, but no longer Asians since they pay the property taxes now.

You guys are real jokers. Making me have a good laugh for free. No comedy club necessary.

Keep saying it, it will make you feel better😀😀😀

I shouldn't be revealing these secrets that only white people are supposed to know.  I'll stop now.

Back