Can Irvine become too Asian?

The real question is whether the influx of Asians is bad or good for the neighborhood community in Irvine. Residents leaving Irvine for better opportunities and low house rentals can be the basic reasons why Asians are filling their places. You can?t stop someone who wishes to buy or rent a house in Irvine just because he or she is an Asian. Yes, there are a huge number of Asians living in Irvine.
http://www.irvineresidentialliving.com/neighborhoods/- neighborhood community in Irvine

irvineresidential said:
The real question is whether the influx of Asians is bad or good for the neighborhood community in Irvine. Residents leaving Irvine for better opportunities and low house rentals can be the basic reasons why Asians are filling their places. You can?t stop someone who wishes to buy or rent a house in Irvine just because he or she is an Asian. Yes, there are a huge number of Asians living in Irvine.
http://www.irvineresidentialliving.com/neighborhoods/- neighborhood community in Irvine

I am not sure why "Asians" is any relevance.  I mean Irvine is in high demand so rent/home prices are going to be high.  It's no different from Silicon Valley, West LA, New York, London, etc.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvineresidential said:

I am not sure why "Asians" is any relevance.  I mean Irvine is in high demand so rent/home prices are going to be high.  It's no different from Silicon Valley, West LA, New York, London, etc.

Well, it is a little different.  Those other places are world class destinations, and Irvine isn't.  In terms of safety of investment, I would take those other places first.

Self loathing has always been the theme here - those who embrace where they are and enjoy it fully , get to live their life more happily and  content .  They are also the also the ones who made money from Irvine's housing boom for the last several years . 

lot of things people grumble about re: Irvine, they can also be applied to CA as a whole.  And people keep being grumpy about CA as well.  That hasn't hastened anyone's flight out of here.  This is where the $$ and jobs are . 

Reminds of people I know who used to take one trip to Europe for a week or two to trace their family history and then come back and cant stop raving about i" how great things are over there " and continued complaining about their current environment

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvineresidential said:

Well, it is a little different.  Those other places are world class destinations, and Irvine isn't.  In terms of safety of investment, I would take those other places first.

And yet people from all over the world want to spend a lot of money to buy and settle down here.  Those Ferraris, Lambos, and Bentley are not mirages.

fortune11 said:
Self loathing has always been the theme here - those who embrace where they are and enjoy it fully , get to live their life more happily and  content .  They are also the also the ones who made money from Irvine's housing boom for the last several years . 

lot of things people grumble about re: Irvine, they can also be applied to CA as a whole.  And people keep being grumpy about CA as well.  That hasn't hastened anyone's flight out of here.  This is where the $$ and jobs are . 

Reminds of people I know who used to take one trip to Europe for a week or two to trace their family history and then come back and cant stop raving about i" how great things are over there " and continued complaining about their current environment
My Irish friends living in England love complaining about England and the English. But I always wondered if they dislike England so much why don't they go back to Ireland. However, I'm too polite to have ever asked them directly about that.

Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvineresidential said:

And yet people from all over the world want to spend a lot of money to buy and settle down here.  Those Ferraris, Lambos, and Bentley are not mirages.

LOL!  Good one.

Back