Will Amazon choose Irvine?

aquabliss said:
Didn't even notice when I skimmed through the proposal that Donald Bren is offering the Land, Buildings, entitlements to Bezos for ...... FREE!
http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-jeff-bezos-hq2-donald-bren-irvine-2017-10

Guys. There's no such thing as free. I'm not blaming you, Aquabliss. I'm blaming the lazy journalist and editor of the Business Insider article. It appears they did not read past the first few pages of the proposal.

See the bottom of page 53 to the top of page 54 of the proposal. TIC buried it in the back, on the very last page (heh). Yes, they would come up with the financing so that Amazon does not need a substantial outlay of upfront equity. However, TIC wants to be viewed as a long-term bond holder. They intend to create a long-term, albeit staggered, lease with Amazon. They want to receive a stream of payments from Amazon over a period of time. We can only guess how much the payments would end up running on a facility of that magnitude and in that locale. They used the term "long-term" about four or five times in that one section alone so it's safe to say the deal would be fairly, um, long-term.

All those office space mapped out, and if you include 5P's GP future office spaces, there's almost too much?!? Lol

If I?m the mayor of Irvine and Don Bren, I would seriously consider an airport connectivity incentive between Irvine and LAX. You can?t have a global company with employees stranded in the 405 traffic around LAX. There needs to be an efficient and punctual transportation corridor. SF has The BART, London has Heathrow Express. Metrolink takes you to Union station which is good for downtown LA workers but not for the jet setters that need efficiently acces to LAX. Most major cities have easy airport transit. I would have defiantly thought this one out. Amazon will definately be doing hands on due diligence and you can?t sugar coat this one.

i1 said:
My money would be on
#1 Boston or
#2 Chicago.
It?s all about the talent. Incentives are just a bonus.

Everyone else is a dark horse.
I think Austin and New York have legit shots.
Irvine or LA possible too.

Atlanta has no shot at all.

I think DC has a shot.  Fits all the criteria and Bezos has ownership in the Washington Post.

SoCal said:
aquabliss said:
Didn't even notice when I skimmed through the proposal that Donald Bren is offering the Land, Buildings, entitlements to Bezos for ...... FREE!
http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-jeff-bezos-hq2-donald-bren-irvine-2017-10

Guys. There's no such thing as free. I'm not blaming you, Aquabliss. I'm blaming the lazy journalist and editor of the Business Insider article. It appears they did not read past the first few pages of the proposal.

See the bottom of page 53 to the top of page 54 of the proposal. TIC buried it in the back, on the very last page (heh). Yes, they would come up with the financing so that Amazon does not need a substantial outlay of upfront equity. However, TIC wants to be viewed as a long-term bond holder. They intend to create a long-term, albeit staggered, lease with Amazon. They want to receive a stream of payments from Amazon over a period of time. We can only guess how much the payments would end up running on a facility of that magnitude and in that locale. They used the term "long-term" about four or five times in that one section alone so it's safe to say the deal would be fairly, um, long-term.

Business Insider is a liberal propaganda site and fake news.

AlexG said:
If I?m the mayor of Irvine and Don Bren, I would seriously consider an airport connectivity incentive between Irvine and LAX. You can?t have a global company with employees stranded in the 405 traffic around LAX. There needs to be an efficient and punctual transportation corridor. SF has The BART, London has Heathrow Express. Metrolink takes you to Union station which is good for downtown LA workers but not for the jet setters that need efficiently acces to LAX. Most major cities have easy airport transit. I would have defiantly thought this one out. Amazon will definately be doing hands on due diligence and you can?t sugar coat this one.

The only way this works is by rehabing the West Santa Ana branch corridor. You also have huge last mile issues at LAX proper

I guess you can dream. (there?s nothing wrong with that)

AlexG said:

Back