Why you shouldn't buy a home in Irvine

I really get irritated with the slow poke drivers but at least they don't run red lights or slam into me when traffic is obviously stopped.

One on the main reasons not to buy in Irvine is that it no longer the FCB who once dominated the market, but their offspring who feel the need to overcompensate for the stereotypical slow Asian driver.  The 16-22 year-old American born Asian males are worse than any Mexican street racer.  There needs to be some kind of happy median between the slow pokes and rice rocket racers.

Beware the following driver profiles on Irvine/SoCal roads and freeways:  ;D

Solar-Face-Shield.jpg

AND

fast-five-movie-sung-kang-600x392.jpg

Me said:
I really get irritated with the slow poke drivers but at least they don't run red lights or slam into me when traffic is obviously stopped.

One on the main reasons not to buy in Irvine is that it no longer the FCB who once dominated the market, but their offspring who feel the need to overcompensate for the stereotypical slow Asian driver.  The 16-22 year-old American born Asian males are worse than any Mexican street racer.  There needs to be some kind of happy median between the slow pokes and rice rocket racers.

I think that holds true for any teenage driver, not just the Asian ones.  And let's be real...I see more white kids driving rice rockets...The FCB kids are cruising in Audi, BMW and Benz complaining that their parents didn't buy them the model one higher than theirs.

Since I do the majority of my driving in Irvine, I only notice the Asian and Persian 16-22 y/o crazy drivers.  They're insane.  That's why it's best to move to an area where you don't have parents who buy their teenagers $65,000 - $120,000  new cars.

To be fair I don't eat Asian food so Irvine may very well have great Asian restaurants. For everything else its a wasteland.

Irvinecommuter said:
rube77 said:
To be fair I don't eat Asian food so Irvine may very well have great Asian restaurants. For everything else its a wasteland.

At all?  :eek:

i have no problems with fortune cookies. i wish there was a wider variety of them (chocolate covered, cinnammon, etc)

bones said:
rube77 said:

Totally agree.  Irvine is a culinary wasteland.  Look at all the hype Bruxie's got on TI - it's a freaking waffle place that isn't even that good!  And it was imported from Orange.  Womp womp.

cmon bones lets not be snooty, your sounding like irvine commuter. i actually think bruxies is pretty good food. ill have me a waffle burger and irish nachos anytime.

qwerty said:
bones said:
rube77 said:

Totally agree.  Irvine is a culinary wasteland.  Look at all the hype Bruxie's got on TI - it's a freaking waffle place that isn't even that good!  And it was imported from Orange.  Womp womp.

cmon bones lets not be snooty, your sounding like irvine commuter. i actually think bruxies is pretty good food. ill have me a waffle burger and irish nachos anytime.

Hey...I am defending the food choices in OC!

There are two non-Asian restaurants Irvine needs:

1. A good non-chain Mexican restaurant.
2. A good non-chain Italian restaurant.

I go to South County for both.

irvinehomeowner said:

Agreed on those.  Some good Mexican restaurants in Santa Ana and Newport.

I could also go for a good HK cafe.

irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah but Italian is way too cheap & easy to make at home to be worth dining out for.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

for HK caf?, try:

Koko's Cafe
15435 Jeffrey Rd
Irvine, CA 92604http://www.yelp.com/biz/kokos-cafe-irvine

jamboreedude said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

for HK caf?, try:

Koko's Cafe
15435 Jeffrey Rd
Irvine, CA 92604http://www.yelp.com/biz/kokos-cafe-irvine

I have...it's okay.  Kinda of expensive and a little hit and miss with their food. 

Tasty Garden is coming down and they're pretty good.  I would like this place to open a branch in Irvine: http://www.yelp.com/biz/garden-café-alhambra-2

Let's see...the Habit.  Not bad for an alternative to in and out and cheaper than five guys.  Cucina Enoteca at the Spectrum, has some pretty good dishes.  Mexican...Taco Rosa is decent...I prefer ghetto hole in the wall mexican.  Javiers has great seafood enchiladas.  Bruxie's Proscuitto and brie waffle is pretty damn tasty.  Umami burger is coming to the spectrum.  I like their burgers. 

For super chains, I actually like Lucille's BBQ, Corner Bakery make a great breakfast for cheap. Wahoos is pretty tasty.  Love in and out. 

So I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the lack of food.  It's not abundant like other cities, but it is getting there.  Maybe there is just a lack of effort or people just don't know good food.  I think it's the latter but that's just me

Don't knock the Scenery Tyler...have you seen the spectrum on a hot summer day?  They wearing the same Lululemon yoga gear in Irvine they do at Newport. 

Back