Why you shouldn't buy a home in Irvine

irvineshadow said:
frank69m said:
2) Traffic is terrible. Why do they need to re-pave every single road at the same time? It seems everytime I turn a corner, they are repaving a perfectly good road (compared to LA). This is the area I hate too much. Thanks Irvine City council for runing a good thing. I mean, why mess up Sand Canyon, do construction on Culver and mess up Barranca all at the same time. Why can't you do this separately?  Short on money and just want to spend it at the end of the year? Buffoons if you ask me.
I strongly disagree.  There are areas where traffic is terrible but not for reasons you state.  IMO the traffic tends to be terrible around schools and shopping plazas that have inadequate ingress and egress much of the day.  And that's not many places.

I can not for the life of me understand people who complain about infrastructure work.  Irvine has awesome mostly clean streets, and they have to update them for the increasing size of the city as a destination to live and work.  The work those projects create is good , well paying work for professionals and laborers, who tend to spend their money nearby.  As long as the project doesn't over run terribly, the city and everyone involved usually ends up better for that work.

Have you ever been to New York City, where taxes are high and there is no infrastructure work done?  The streets are all crappy and full of potholes and falling apart.  And whatever work does get done seems to go on forever with no noticeable schedule.

You know...Irvine is supposed to be this master planned community, but what numb skull puts only 2 entrances on a shopping plaza?

broda said:
irvineshadow said:
frank69m said:
2) Traffic is terrible. Why do they need to re-pave every single road at the same time? It seems everytime I turn a corner, they are repaving a perfectly good road (compared to LA). This is the area I hate too much. Thanks Irvine City council for runing a good thing. I mean, why mess up Sand Canyon, do construction on Culver and mess up Barranca all at the same time. Why can't you do this separately?  Short on money and just want to spend it at the end of the year? Buffoons if you ask me.
I strongly disagree.  There are areas where traffic is terrible but not for reasons you state.  IMO the traffic tends to be terrible around schools and shopping plazas that have inadequate ingress and egress much of the day.  And that's not many places.

I can not for the life of me understand people who complain about infrastructure work.  Irvine has awesome mostly clean streets, and they have to update them for the increasing size of the city as a destination to live and work.  The work those projects create is good , well paying work for professionals and laborers, who tend to spend their money nearby.  As long as the project doesn't over run terribly, the city and everyone involved usually ends up better for that work.

Have you ever been to New York City, where taxes are high and there is no infrastructure work done?  The streets are all crappy and full of potholes and falling apart.  And whatever work does get done seems to go on forever with no noticeable schedule.

You know...Irvine is supposed to be this master planned community, but what numb skull puts only 2 entrances on a shopping plaza?

Which shopping plaza are you referring to?

broda said:
Irvinecommuter said:
broda said:
This is the only one I'll agree on...and only because Irvine agreed to Low Income Housing.  Living in a number of IAC apartments, there are definitely good families it helps, and some that just bring their bad families into a nice neighborhood to continue to do bad things. 

BUT not solely blame low income housing, a lot of UCI students are starting to venture away from campus for cheaper apartments as well bringing that college crowd to family oriented neighborhoods which is also part of the problem.

3) Built too many apartments. Although, Irvine should have some, there are just too  many and attract a lower class of people mostly (not always)

That makes no sense at all especially because Irvine Company charges a lot for apartments and buying a house is incredibly difficult these days.

Sure but low income housing is in every major city.

There are many people who live in IAC apartments who are former and hopeful homeowners.  Their relative goodness doesn't change just because of what type of structure they live in.

Being a product of the IAC apartments I agree with you, but going with his point, it is just opening the door to that demographic.  Yes it's a stereotype and I do believe it does more good than harm, but it is just a fact that petty crimes (theft, car theft, etc) are more common around low income people than not.

It may happen in areas with lower income...not necessarily people with lower income. 

Irvinecommuter said:
broda said:
irvineshadow said:
frank69m said:

It's just my opinion, but both Diamond Jamboree and the District are hell to get in and out of. Especially during lunch or dinner time or on weekends. 

irvineshadow said:
Irvinecommuter said:
broda said:
irvineshadow said:
frank69m said:

It's just my opinion, but both Diamond Jamboree and the District are hell to get in and out of. Especially during lunch or dinner time or on weekends.

DJ wasn't supposed to be retail commercial...it was residential and business. 

District is actually Tustin.

irvineshadow said:
Irvinecommuter said:
broda said:
irvineshadow said:
frank69m said:

Orange Tree Square Shopping Center is the worst.

test said:
Irvinecommuter said:
test said:
qwerty said:
test said:
frank69m said:
5) Too many Asian, Indians and now it seems middle easterns. Don't say I'm prejudice. I'm all for diversity, but these fools tend to bring their culture and languages everywhere they are.

Go to the Spectrum on any evening and it's like 75% Arab.

Hal tatakallamu alloghah alenjleziah alarabiah?

persians will tell you they are not arab.

Actually they're Muslim.  All the women have their faces covered.  It's a little creepy seeing this in Irvine if you ask me.

Why?

Why?  They like to blow each other up that's why.  The rest of us will end up blown to pieces collateral damage.

What a retarded answer.... But it is no surprise since it is coming from you. You have just about enough intelligence to open your mouth when you want to eat, but certainly no more.

All non-Irvine Company shopping centers are horribly designed and dirty.  The city should not let any other developers or property managers ruin the pristine pleasantness of the perfectly planned community.

quattroporte said:
What a retarded answer.... But it is no surprise since it is coming from you. You have just about enough intelligence to open your mouth when you want to eat, but certainly no more.

Your life must truly be empty to keep trolling these forums when you cant even afford the low income housing here. Didnt you "gracefully bow out" of the Irvine market? HAHAHAAHA Why are you still here? To spread you self loathing bitterness and envy? Even your user tag says "Yearning for 949 / 714" LMAO

test said:
quattroporte said:

Your life must truly be empty to keep trolling these forums when you cant even afford the low income housing here. Didnt you "gracefully bow out" of the Irvine market? HAHAHAAHA Why are you still here? To spread you self loathing bitterness and envy? Even your user tag says "Yearning for 949 / 714" LMAO

Ironic

test said:
quattroporte said:

Did I hurt your feelings?

yawn-new.gif
  *Yawn* Same lines every time.

funny people mentioned Tustin as an Irvine alternative. The District is the worst designed shopping plaza ever, and I would rather live with Asians/Persians than living with Amigos

The California Court Company said:
funny people mentioned Tustin as an Irvine alternative. The District is the worst designed shopping plaza ever, and I would rather live with Asians/Persians than living with Amigos

With the Nuclear Power Plant shutting down, San Clemente looking mighty nice.  Scatter folks...more room for me in FCB land.

broda said:
The California Court Company said:

With the Nuclear Power Plant shutting down, San Clemente looking mighty nice.  Scatter folks...more room for me in FCB land.

What does "FCB" really stands for? Is it "Foreign CASH Buyer" or "Foreign Chinese Buyer"?

test said:
Why?  They like to blow each other up that's why.  The rest of us will end up blown to pieces collateral damage.

I'm assuming you're just trolling.  You have about 1200X the chance of dying DRIVING to the Spectrum than getting blown up.  We've had 699 bombing deaths in the last 20 years, in that same time, we've had 847,000 vehicle fatalities.  Those bombing deaths include domestic anti-government types like Timothy McVeigh and Oklahoma city.

If you include the coordinate Sept 11 attack with hijacking, the odds are still 200X more likely dying driving to the Spectrum.

nosuchreality said:
test said:

I'm assuming you're just trolling.  You have about 1200X the chance of dying DRIVING to the Spectrum than getting blown up.  We've had 699 bombing deaths in the last 20 years, in that same time, we've had 847,000 vehicle fatalities.  Those bombing deaths include domestic anti-government types like Timothy McVeigh and Oklahoma city.

If you include the coordinate Sept 11 attack with hijacking, the odds are still 200X more likely dying driving to the Spectrum.

When the demographics change, don't you think those statistics will change?  I am still amazed that people buy real estate based on what's there "now" vs what "will" be there in the future.  A perfect example is the Sand Canyon grade separation.  There's traffic and train noise "now", but you can't even look a few months into the future when it "will" be complete?  Your new home order will still be under construction by then.  No wonder this country is broke ass and financially illiterate.  ::)

Back