Why is Woodbury a bad sequel to Northpark?

<p>biuniu,</p>

<p>Thanks. The reason I ask that is I wanted to see if an intruder can enter the community via Jeffrey trail. So if there's no parking. The only other ways an intruder would enter Woodbury would be walking, biking or dropped off by a cohort. Which as I know it. You can't without raising suspicion.</p>

If you living right off the trail, and have a small kid, you better watch them really really carefully. they can walk away, and it is hard to find them if they get on the trial. I won't buy those homes....

<p>There's plenty of parking when you get off of Longmeadow. I have a few friends in that neighborhood and we all park on the street in front of the homes. Plenty of street parking.</p>

If I were the one live by the trail, I won't be too happy seeing all the cars parking there. Those homes next to the trails are the largest homes in woodbury: Julie's balcony and Mulle Flure.

<p>I was actually countering bkshpr statement that by foot an intruder can access Woodbury via the Jeffrey trail. Of course, anyone with the will to do it, can. </p>

<p>But let me ask the opinion of those who live at Woodbury. Specifically, the Jeffrey trail, do you think someone will cross the trail at night and into the neighborhood? Assuming that this does happen and that the intruder didn't steal a car. He has to get back onto the trail and eventually onto Jeffrey to get away. </p>

<p>While driving at night on Jeffrey on the Woodbury side. Have you ever seen a person walking at night? </p>

<p>At the larger homes of woodbury, there are many families who have older family members ( parents, in-laws) at home during day time. And many of them like to "observe". I think this might turned out to be a good thing to keep the suspicious activities incheck.</p>

sorry to bump an old thread but i just took a walk on the trial late at night yesterday. its a bit creepy how wide and open it is but i guess thats why its called the jeffrey open space. i would imagine it could be dangerous from a sexual assault standpoint. the trail is pretty far from the nearest homes and there is landscaping at either end that could prevent both homes and drivers on jeffrey from seeing you. in fact, i have one neighbor who uses those sections of the trail to let his dog run unleashed without police or community security seeing. so i can see how criminal activity might occur there. as far as being an access point, i can't imagine a burglar running down a well-lit trail for half a mile carrying a dvd player but dumber things have happened.

a far more dangerous area is the diagonal street that runs between the park and shopping center. there is little development on both sides right now so you could get robbed there even during the day without anyone noticing. the closest homes within sightline are apt bldgs which i dont believe are occupied yet. i don't know why anyone would attempt to rob people out on walks on the jeffrey trail. they are not likely to be carrying money or valuables. people walking to and from the shopping center on the otherhand...

the one reassurance i have walkign around woodbury at night is that there are SO many people out walking around at night. old asian couples, young runners, dog walkers of all ages. you dont go very far without running into other people.

<p>>>the one reassurance i have walkign around woodbury at night is that there are SO many people out walking around at night. </p>

<p><a href="http://www.amazon.com/Death-Life-Great-American-Cities/dp/0375508732/">Jane Jacobs</a> would agree with you. She was a strong believer in mixed use planning because when there are more "eyes" on the street, it's safer.</p>

i just thought of something yesterday... its commonly noted that woodbury homeowners are essentially subsidizing all the renters who get to enjoy use of the parks and facilities. isnt the main park run by the city? i dont believe renters have access into the clubhouse and various pools. the jeffrey trail is also maintained by the city.

<p>Not from what I heard. When I tried to lease from the Woodbury apartments, I was told that all Woodbury residents have access to the main park area, including club house, pools, etc. </p>

<p>acpme,</p>

<p>I think you might be correct. I didn't want to bring that up since I wasn't so sure. I believe the only homeowners have electronic cards that allow them access to certain amenities.</p>

The quantity of people walking around and using the parks was something that stuck my wife and I before deciding on Woodbury. Any ideas about why there are so many people walking around in a city not known for walkers? It is a land design issue? Or a population issue? Or is it me using anecdotes as evidence?

-OCR

ACMPE

<em>"i just thought of something yesterday... its commonly noted that woodbury homeowners are essentially subsidizing all the renters who get to enjoy use of the parks and facilities. isnt the main park run by the city? i dont believe renters have access into the clubhouse and various pools. the jeffrey trail is also maintained by the city."

</em>I currently live at one of the Woodbury Apartment Complexes and it is true we have access to all the parks and the "Woodbury Community Complex." We can rent the formal room if we want, have parties are the really big pool, or even swim laps in the junior olympic pool. However, I am not sure many of us use them, I know I don't, because my complex already has a super nice pool and the entertainment room is already loaded with a full kitchen, flat screen, and really nice furniture. It's still a nice perk though.

<p>One of the things that the leasing office kept reiterating was that the IAC pays for our portion of the Woodbury Association dues, so our actual rent in comparison to other IAC complex is smaller. </p>

I have never used my electronic access cards. Have anyone used them? And which amenities require these electronic cards? Thanks.

Back